• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

PS4 eye hard to find in store? I have seen it online but haven't seen one in a nearby store. Been thinking about purchasing a ps vr.
You can use Bestbuy reserve in-store. There are stocks at Toronto stores. Try checking if your local has one.

Sealtest

So Canada Post lost my Digimon order and Amazon still hasn't sent me out my DLC code for it.

I should've just bought it from best buy :(

kevin1025

Banned
Question: for Amazon Prime, do you still get the 20% off the pre-order when something discounts, like the E3 deals and such? It says the "list price", so I want to be sure!

Luigi87

Question: for Amazon Prime, do you still get the 20% off the pre-order when something discounts, like the E3 deals and such? It says the "list price", so I want to be sure!

Prime discount works as a reduced price up to 20% off, so if an E3 order is already 20% off, then Prime won't apply.

If a game was discounted 10%, then you would get an additional 10% off totaling 20%.

kevin1025

Banned
Prime discount works as a reduced price up to 20% off, so if an E3 order is already 20% off, then Prime won't apply.

If a game was discounted 10%, then you would get an additional 10% off totaling 20%.

So if a game I pre-ordered today for $79.99 dropped to $59.99 before release, since it's below the $63.99 price (which is where the 20% would put it), it won't be discounted anymore?

Which is my super convoluted way of asking, if something drops below the 20% discount price, is there no longer a discount essentially?

tiijj

So if a game I pre-ordered today for $79.99 dropped to $59.99 before release, since it's below the $63.99 price (which is where the 20% would put it), it won't be discounted anymore?

Which is my super convoluted way of asking, if something drops below the 20% discount price, is there no longer a discount essentially?

Prime gets 20% off the list price on the site. Although amazon's site has some quirk like not doing the correct 20% off, you can just contact them or reorder to fix it. Prime does not stack with any offer though so if there's an E3 discount you won't get 40% off. You will only get 20% off.

Here's a FAQ

The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?

Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price.

Here's the weird amazon prime calculation.
3T0U2lg.png

The game used to be $79.99 but it decreased to $64.99 and amazon's automatic prime calculator only gave me $1.00 savings, it should be $13.00
This is the correct one when I re-ordered.
e2CzKXn.png

Edit That's for Super Bomberman R in case you're wondering

oh another edit, now that I think about it, maybe the weird calculation was caused by how the price changed. The bomberman game wasn't discounted but it's a change in price. But this is only a speculation.

Stage On

Prime gets 20% off the list price on the site. Although amazon's site has some quirk like not doing the correct 20% off, you can just contact them or reorder to fix it. Prime does not stack with any offer though so if there's an E3 discount you won't get 40% off. You will only get 20% off.

So in other words when they put something with a list price higher then it's supposed to
be then you're not actually saving 20% off.

For example they have Story of seasons trio of towns with a list price of $55 which is dumb since Eb games and VGPLUS have it at $50.

So what happens if.... no when they pull another Pokemon sun and moon again? remember how they had a list price of $60 when in actuality their real price was $50?

antibolo

Banned
While we're on that subject, FYI in case anyone is not aware, the 20% discount also remains another two weeks after a game's release. This weekend I ordered GR2 and REVII and they were both still eligible.

While we're on that subject, FYI in case anyone is not aware, the 20% discount also remains another two weeks after a game's release. This weekend I ordered GR2 and REVII and they were both still eligible.

Yes that's really good since you can wait for reviews/impressions/more funds.

kevin1025

Banned
Thanks, everyone, for helping me figure out this Amazon Prime thing, haha. It was the 20% discount thing that was confusing me, how it lowers if the game drops in price. But with promotions and price glitches, I guess it makes sense!

EDIT: Also, looking through the PSN Store, The Last Guardian is $49.99 randomly, and doesn't look to be on sale? What the hell?

Kyolux

Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.

~$35 CAD max / year? Reasonable'ish

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826841955111890944

You can't do it like that though. They price everything based on USD. So you gotta convert to that first.

It'll probably be $30 USD. So 40-45 here.

Well, depends if the US economy doesn't fall by then I guess.

Moltenix

Aww man, 40 CAD seems a bit high. Technically, PS+/XBL are 69.99 but you can still get them for around ~50.

Shitty dollar is shitty :\

djblue89

Hey gang,

Looking for a VPN to use for things like WWE Network and DirecTVNow, anyone know a good one that's either free or not expensive that works on PC and iPhone?

Kyolux

If the US economy crashes, ours will as well.

Very likely yes. But it's JT's move.

I think we should double down on the science economy, given the US's new-found lack of interest for science.

But that's probably not even close to enough I guess..

i-Jest

Very likely yes. But it's JT's move.

I think we should double down on the science economy, given the US's new-found lack of interest for science.

But that's probably not even close to enough I guess..

Science, medicine, and commerce imo. Guess medicine can go under science though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hey gang,

Looking for a VPN to use for things like WWE Network and DirecTVNow, anyone know a good one that's either free or not expensive that works on PC and iPhone?
WWE Network isn't geoblocksd at this point, but people have always recommended BetterNet to me.

marcod

Not sure if this was said somewhere previously, but yesterday I was told by Amazon support that the Switch has release day delivery and that the estimated dates will be updated when the console ships. I'm inclined to believe that but hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a case of customer support having no idea what they're talking about.

TechJunk

Hey gang,

I've using Private Internet Access for $40 a year for about 3 years now. No issues at all with it.

Ryde3

totally forgot the 2x trade in promo at EB ended. Looks like I can only take advantage of trade 3 games for 1, sigh.

Any chance of it returning?

Sealtest

Project giant robot has been cancelled, If anyone needs something to get over that $35 free shipping mark at best buy that'll be the best item for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom