• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

veras

Does SDM have the PS4 Pro?

If so, anyone seen one in the GTA, and also what's the good way to spend points to get one - bonus redemption events, or does that not apply?

So glad i don't buy limited edition stuff anymore ive come to realize that stuff is a tremendous waste of money (talking about Zelda CE) regular is fine with me

Does SDM have the PS4 Pro?

If so, anyone seen one in the GTA, and also what's the good way to spend points to get one - bonus redemption events, or does that not apply?

Have definitely seen it at Pharmaprix so SDM is a solid maybe.

Bonus redemption event has been really neutered these days and is rare (2-3x a year) so the best plan is really just buy one on a 20x points weekend. You get a crapload of points that you can then use as "cash" towards future SDM purchases.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Have definitely seen it at Pharmaprix so SDM is a solid maybe.

Bonus redemption event has been really neutered these days and is rare (2-3x a year) so the best plan is really just buy one on a 20x points weekend. You get a crapload of points that you can then use as "cash" towards future SDM purchases.
The problem being that there's nothing really to buy at SDM outside of electronics. lol

leeman

Thanks, everyone, for helping me figure out this Amazon Prime thing, haha. It was the 20% discount thing that was confusing me, how it lowers if the game drops in price. But with promotions and price glitches, I guess it makes sense!

EDIT: Also, looking through the PSN Store, The Last Guardian is $49.99 randomly, and doesn't look to be on sale? What the hell?

I think that is the new MSRP for The Last Guardian. I'm interested if the physical versions will also be reduced.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Just snagged a neon Switch pre-order from Best Buy! Wheeeee!

Nintendo eShop always charges tax. No reason to believe that subscription fee will be any different.

If the US economy crashes, ours will as well.

Wait, online or @ store for switch preorder?

Does anyone know when ebgames.ca might charge for the online Switch preorders? I'm letting my friend have my online order and I want to make sure the money is on that card in time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
? Perfectly fine for groceries depending on your location. Pharmacy, snacks, frozen goods, makeup for the SO and diapers if you have kids.
I guess I don't spend the 100+ dollars in one go it takes to make point redemption worth it, particularly when day to day stuff is just cheaper at Walmart.

Sealtest

Has anyone received the preorder DLC for Digimon Next Order from amazon yet? It's now been 2 days since the item shipped and besides an email that I would get the code sometime after January 31'st at 2:20am PST I haven't gotten anything.

Has anyone received the preorder DLC for Digimon Next Order from amazon yet? It's now been 2 days since the item shipped and besides an email that I would get the code sometime after January 31'st at 2:20am PST I haven't gotten anything.

Nope. they said I would be contacted in the 2 next days about it.

EDIT: So as soon as I say that, CS service contacted me and got me my code but they said I've personally contacted our business team and requested them to provide the code

So you might want to contact them if you haven't got anything yet.

Sealtest

Nope. they said I would be contacted in the 2 next days about it.

EDIT: So as soon as I say that, CS service contacted me and got me my code but they said I've personally contacted our business team and requested them to provide the code

So you might want to contact them if you haven't got anything yet.

I've been in contact with CS for 2 days about the code and it just keeps being pushed to marketing =/

speiky

Was wondering if anyone here is interested in a gaming monitor and headset by any chance?
I'm in the GTA. Pretty much stopped playing due to time constraints.

Is it possible that more switch's will be available for pre-order after Sunday because of the Super Bowl Commercial?

Or,

Possible there will be no more pre-orders and Nintendo's focus will be ensuring all stores are fully stocked for March 3.

Just thinking out loud.

If anyone is interested in BOTW SE on Amazon, I'll cancel my order at 8:00, which is about 10 minutes from now.

Anyone can confirms if Amazon works like that? We know BB does, but I was under the impression that Amazon waits for specific times we don't know and put some back up in a batch.

Clammbon

Neo Member
Anyone can confirms if Amazon works like that? We know BB does, but I was under the impression that Amazon waits for specific times we don't know and put some back up in a batch.

Oh, I don't know if it works like that. I guess it will be available whenever Amazon decides to update then. Sorry!

keakster

If anyone is interested in BOTW SE on Amazon, I'll cancel my order at 8:00, which is about 10 minutes from now.

If there is anyone from Toronto GAF that is still looking for one of these I have a BestBuy online order and an in-store EB order (got the BB as a backup, won't be able to pick up until the evening and don't trust EB to hold it)

So on launch day I was planning to cancel the EB pre-order as long as BB comes through, but if a gaffer is still in need I can pick it up and sell it to you

kevin1025

Banned
I think that is the new MSRP for The Last Guardian. I'm interested if the physical versions will also be reduced.

Crazy that it took less than two months to drop some. I bought it for $59.99 last week at Best Buy and thought I was getting a bargain, especially since it might have been harder to find around summertime. Amazon has it for $59 again, so that's a good deal. But $50 on PSN is the best deal for now.

leeman

Crazy that it took less than two months to drop some. I bought it for $59.99 last week at Best Buy and thought I was getting a bargain, especially since it might have been harder to find around summertime. Amazon has it for $59 again, so that's a good deal. But $50 on PSN is the best deal for now.

Sure enough, it's down to $49.99 on BestBuy.ca. I expect Amazon will follow shortly...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...85a16e2153947f938b7018ben02&SearchPageIndex=1

leeman

Very cool. I'm hoping Gravity Rush 2 gets a similar (permanent) price around March or April.

I've been going back and forth on when to pick up Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I finally caved today and ordered both of them before the prime discount time is up. I just don't feel 100% safe that either of these will be available for long enough to go down in price... The fact that they are both reviewing really well was a contributing factor as well, lol

kevin1025

Banned
I've been going back and forth on when to pick up Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I finally caved today and ordered both of them before the prime discount time is up. I just don't feel 100% safe that either of these will be available for long enough to go down in price... The fact that they are both reviewing really well was a contributing factor as well, lol

Yeah, the fantastic reviews and Prime discount is tough to pass up for both of those! I may have to wait and go digital for both in the summer.

I gotta pass on Gravity Rush 2, bought too many games this month. Here's hoping it goes down in price down the road, not up.

This is my problem, I have WAYYY too many games on the go right now. And with Horizon in a couple weeks and the onslaught of March around the corner (and how some of you have Switch added on top, I wish you good luck), I need a breather to catch up some, haha.

Mimosa97

Thanks, everyone, for helping me figure out this Amazon Prime thing, haha. It was the 20% discount thing that was confusing me, how it lowers if the game drops in price. But with promotions and price glitches, I guess it makes sense!

EDIT: Also, looking through the PSN Store, The Last Guardian is $49.99 randomly, and doesn't look to be on sale? What the hell?

I CAME TO POST THIS

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

terrible

Banned
TIL ign rated TLG 7/10 ...

Now I remember why I stopped caring about ign years ago.

We can pretty much get all the info we need on a game without even reading reviews anymore. I can come to my own conclusions just fine. I imagine a lot of us are the same on GAF these days. I think more than ever I've been managing to avoid buying disappointing games too so it's been working out great.

We can pretty much get all the info we need on a game without even reading reviews anymore. I can come to my own conclusions just fine. I imagine a lot of us are the same on GAF these days. I think more than ever I've been managing to avoid buying disappointing games too so it's been working out great.

Shadow of Mordor was the breaking point for me.

I don't give a shit about reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom