• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something interesting in the Best Buy flyer this week.

They are finally showing a bit of the switch in their flyers (not much).

1 more month until the Switch comes out...Can't wait.

t1yUYb7.png

DownLoad

For anyone who was able to switch their Amazon Zelda WiiU order to a Switch version, how did you go about it?

I got a WiiU version in order with the 2015 E3 promo. But so far all the people I've talked to (3 instances, probably 6 people) have been like talking to brick walls, saying they can't do anything to swap the WiiU to Switch, and they can't give me the full discount on the Switch one if I make a new order cause they can't edit prices.

They also seem to ignore my suggestions of providing some sort of credit to be used in a new order towards the Switch version.

So, anyone got any suggestions or how they managed to get theirs switched? (

Apples_89

For anyone who was able to switch their Amazon Zelda WiiU order to a Switch version, how did you go about it?

I got a WiiU version in order with the 2015 E3 promo. But so far all the people I've talked to (3 instances, probably 6 people) have been like talking to brick walls, saying they can't do anything to swap the WiiU to Switch, and they can't give me the full discount on the Switch one if I make a new order cause they can't edit prices.

They also seem to ignore my suggestions of providing some sort of credit to be used in a new order towards the Switch version.

So, anyone got any suggestions or how they managed to get theirs switched? (

What you suggested here is exactly what they did for me. Pretty sure I got extremely lucky because they slapped a $50 credit onto my account and that was after the Prime discount so the total came to like $16 tax in! On top of that they didn't even cancel the Wii version. I'm not trying to brag, just telling you this to indicate that your success is really just dependent on what CS rep/manager you get connected with. All I can say is keep trying, kindly ask that your request be elevated to a manager, and hope for the best. Good luck!

Actual

So, I'm thinking of selling my original PS4 (launch version) and get a Pro instead. I have a 2TB HDD in mine right now, so I will put that in the Pro, then slap the 1TB in the original.

I'm wondering how much it's worth... I looked around on Kijiji, but most of them are slims or include a bunch of games and stuff.

I'm thinking I should be able to get at least 275$, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

DownLoad

What you suggested here is exactly what they did for me. Pretty sure I got extremely lucky because they slapped a $50 credit onto my account and that was after the Prime discount so the total came to like $16 tax in! On top of that they didn't even cancel the Wii version. I'm not trying to brag, just telling you this to indicate that your success is really just dependent on what CS rep/manager you get connected with. All I can say is keep trying, kindly ask that your request be elevated to a manager, and hope for the best. Good luck!

Yeah, I think I read a previous post (maybe it was from you haha) in this thread about someone getting credit, which is why I suggested it to them. Good to confirm that it is possible.

Guess I really just got rotten luck with CS reps... They're always incredibly quick to jump to "We can't do anything". I'll keep trying though! Thanks.

Quick question for you guys:

Anyone have a good website for cables? (USB C, HDMI, USB...)

I use to order them from Monoprice a lot, but now with the Canadian dollar/shipping it doesn't seem as good of a deal nowadays.

Any suggestions?

Kalren

I use to order them from Monoprice a lot, but now with the Canadian dollar/shipping it doesn't seem as good of a deal nowadays.

Any suggestions?

I used to order from Monoprice as well. Now I either use www.primecables.com($49 min. for free shipping)) or Amazon.ca. I find the prices are pretty reasonable to monoprice when factoring the dollar from both places.

jaybe00

Neo Member
So, I'm thinking of selling my original PS4 (launch version) and get a Pro instead. I have a 2TB HDD in mine right now, so I will put that in the Pro, then slap the 1TB in the original.

I'm wondering how much it's worth... I looked around on Kijiji, but most of them are slims or include a bunch of games and stuff.

I'm thinking I should be able to get at least 275$, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Worth giving it a shot to see. Maybe try $280. See if there are takers. 1TB is better than the base 500GB. You're including a controller. And the Slim people are posting doesn't offer anything better the the original aside from the smaller dimensions and that it signifies a newer, less used system (not always true but that will be the perception). People likely have black friday and boxing day deals fresh in their minds as comparison though. I sold a 1tb Xbox One S for $290 with controller in December as reference (GTA).

FN-2187

Any suggestions?

I know you asked about online, but if you are in Southern Ontario and have one near you, I would recommend just going to Canada Computers. I find their prices on cables are usually pretty competitive with cheap online retailers and then you don't have to wait for shipping and can easily return if you have issues.

Actual

Worth giving it a shot to see. Maybe try $280. See if there are takers. 1TB is better than the base 500GB. You're including a controller. And the Slim people are posting doesn't offer anything better the the original aside from the smaller dimensions and that it signifies a newer, less used system (not always true but that will be the perception). People likely have black friday and boxing day deals fresh in their minds as comparison though. I sold a 1tb Xbox One S for $290 with controller in December as reference (GTA).

Thanks!

Daigr

Anyone know if bestbuy will negotiate open box TVs? They have a sony 4k I've been looking at but it's only 90 off.

Also when are they going to pull out of Canada store looks awful. No help anywhere but I guess it's better than being harassed

NYR

Something interesting in the Best Buy flyer this week.

They are finally showing a bit of the switch in their flyers (not much).

1 more month until the Switch comes out...Can't wait.

t1yUYb7.png
They are sold out so they don't advertise as much. My cousin used to work at Best Buy Corporate back in the Wii days and they tone down ad space when they know they won't have inventory because it only leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when they can't get a console and they blame the store, not the manufacturer.

Shoeless

The biggest drive you can upgrade to is 2TB though. It won't be long before I blow through that and have to figure out what to keep and what to delete. Not anymore.

Definitely not a bad deal for people that want the extra storage. I popped in a 1.8 TB SSD in mine, so I'm just going to delete stuff off as I stop playing to make room for new games. Usually, once I get a platinum trophy, I never revisit a game anyway.

Does Amazon not suffice?

I used to order from Monoprice as well. Now I either use www.primecables.com($49 min. for free shipping)) or Amazon.ca. I find the prices are pretty reasonable to monoprice when factoring the dollar from both places.

I know you asked about online, but if you are in Southern Ontario and have one near you, I would recommend just going to Canada Computers. I find their prices on cables are usually pretty competitive with cheap online retailers and then you don't have to wait for shipping and can easily return if you have issues.

Thanks for the advice. Order some through amazon (totally didn't occur to me to look on there).

SickBoy

Nice deal on Watch Dogs. Trying to exercise restraint because for me the gaming world goes from a quiet January/February to a storm of releases starting at the end of this month.

Plus, I'm actually making a (small) dent in that backlog right now.

Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Edition is on sale for $39.99 @ EBGames.ca ($50 off)

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/724270/watch-dogs-2-deluxe-edition

Gah!!! Doesn't fit within the flow chart. But it is deluxe so technically if I consider the deluxe of having a value of $10, it would fit under my $30 or less rule.

This is all there'll be though right? The Deluxe will have all DLC and such?

omg that statue is nice, way better than the flimsy sword

any canadian retailers have it up yet?

I asked F4F today during their Facebook Live q&a. Darkhorse is distributing it in the US and Canada. It's a Bestbuy exclusive in the states. F4F didn't realize that BB .com didn't ship to Canada. So they're waiting for Darkhorse to process all the pre-orders for the states, and then they'll be making it available in Canada. No fear on this being a limited run though. They'll produce and sell as much as people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom