• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Wow, getting lucky one after the other for trade-ins. Traded in Last Guardian for $60 ($28 more than what I paid for it) a week ago and now brand new copies are going for $50, Hesitated a bit (since I wanted to eventually play it but wanted to use the trade-in promotion) before trading in LBP3, but went through with it, and now it's a PS+ title.

Have heavily discounted copies of For Honor (x2) and Ghost Recon Wildlands coming in that I should be able to make at least a $30 profit off of each, right away.

Loving how things are turning out right now, I've been short on funds since having to quit work due to health issues last year. It's stuff like this that help me keep up with the latest games.
Shadow of Mordor was the breaking point for me.

I don't give a shit about reviews.
Me basically going out and buying GTA IV at full price thanks to the reviewers hyping that game like crazy, against my better judgement knowing I don't enjoy games like that, was my breaking point.

Glad it was so early, would've missed out on/overlooked quite a few games.

Knack is one of my favorite games from current and last gen.

explodet

Thinking of deep-sixing my Horizon Zero Dawn preorder.
With the Switch/Zelda coming up and a cheap For Honor preorder coming before hand, I don't think I'll be able to put any amount of time into it.

And the Last Guardian price drop reminded me that first party Sony games won't stay full price for too long.

terrible

Banned
With the Switch/Zelda coming up and a cheap For Honor preorder coming before hand, I don't think I'll be able to put any amount of time into it.

And the Last Guardian price drop reminded me that first party Sony games won't stay full price for too long.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. That and I don't really think the Killzone games were any good so I don't know if I trust Guerrilla Games yet.

Has UC4 had a sale yet?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Buy The Last Guardian y'all!

Shadow of Mordor was the breaking point for me.

I don't give a shit about reviews.

I wouldn't say I outright don't give a shit about reviews, but I've realised the typical games the press goes crazy for are often not for me.

Horizon for example is the current hyped media darling as we approach launch and everything about that game looks like an amalgamation of what I don't like about bloated out open world games. I'm not saying it looks bad, I still think it looks pretty high quality for what it is, I'm just so not interested in climbing towers, gathering resources that amount to a simple number, farcry style crafting, etc.

So I just look for conversation about what a game is and what it does well and compare that to what I want; the score means very little to me.

JDH

Does anyone know of any places/sites to buy a GBA SP backlit?

There's an eBay seller named "thegodofgaming"that sells GBA SP with the bright screen AGS-101 with a New replacement case and buttons, so it looks and feels brand new. I just bought one a few weeks ago, and it looks really good.

You could search for "Nintendo Game Boy Advance GBA SP System AGS 101 Brighter MINT NEW Pick A Color!" to find it.

Not cheap however, but if you want something basically as new as it could be, I recommend it.

FN-2187

Does anyone know of any places/sites to buy a GBA SP backlit?

Back when I used to frequent thrift stores for retro games, I would see them all the time. I would often find them in Value Villages where they hang old remote controls and crap in bags.

It seems like Value Village has wised up to the value of old video games now (at least the ones in the GTA), and whenever they get anything decent they put in behind one of their cases where the "valuable" things are. Could still be worth a shot though if you want to find one for cheap.

eyesradar

Kinda regret I didn't trade-in my TLG copy during the EB NS double-up promo.

I know first-party games tend to drop prices fairly quick but TLG BOMBA'ed tooo fast imo.

Great game still tho.

Fularu

Banned
Back when I used to frequent thrift stores for retro games, I would see them all the time. I would often find them in Value Villages where they hang old remote controls and crap in bags.

It seems like Value Village has wised up to the value of old video games now (at least the ones in the GTA), and whenever they get anything decent they put in behind one of their cases where the "valuable" things are. Could still be worth a shot though if you want to find one for cheap.

Be carefull, the GBA SP has two different lighting models. One is top/bottom lit (first models, up to the NES edition) and one is truly a backlit model (and those are the ones people are seeking).

You can't tell which one it is unless you actually start it and play a game (well you can with the back model number AGS-100 versus 101 but it's not always 100% accurate).

terrible

Banned
At this rate, we are far from seeing it on PS+...

Enjoy the turd that is LBP3 in the meantime.

I played that with a friend and every time one of those escape levels would come up we'd fall through the map and then auto-win. LBP3 is probably the buggiest game I've played.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Kinda regret I didn't trade-in my TLG copy during the EB NS double-up promo.

I know first-party games tend to drop prices fairly quick but TLG BOMBA'ed tooo fast imo.

Great game still tho.

It maintained its price point for almost 2 months.

We were seeing the years biggest releases like CoD, Battlefield 1 and FFXV getting price drops within days, if not weeks after launch.

49.99 is expensive.

For the quality of the experience, no its not. I'll bet you've paid more for worse games in the past.

I'll wait for it to be ps+ before years end

I bet you're still waiting for Knack.

Bronetta

Stopdoor

Be carefull, the GBA SP has two different lighting models. One is top/bottom lit (first models, up to the NES edition) and one is truly a backlit model (and those are the ones people are seeking).

You can't tell which one it is unless you actually start it and play a game (well you can with the back model number AGS-100 versus 101 but it's not always 100% accurate).

Actually this is untrue, a backlit GBASP has a pure black screen when turned off vs. a grey non-backlit one. It's actually a really obvious difference. They also only released in like 3 colours that I don't think overlaps with the regular model, so if you find a "gunmetal" grey one with black buttons, or a metallic pink/blue one, it's almost definitely backlit.

Joeku

Man, I actually am almost considering buying a game at full price. The first beta didn't sell me, but these Nioh reviews are stellar.

Fuck $80 games, though. Ugh.

Bronetta

Man, I actually am almost considering buying a game at full price. The first beta didn't sell me, but these Nioh reviews are stellar.

Fuck $80 games, though. Ugh.

Sealtest

Still no Digimon Next Order dlc code from amazon.

I now have multiple service reps saying I should get the code but when marketing get's back to me they say no. I don't understand why it's so hard for amazon to provide preorder dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom