• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one only come with half the season pass.

image.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB Games has Trade 2 towards For Honor. Looking through the list of eligible games now....

I would have been so down for WatchDogs 2 Gold Edition at $40 but too bad its sold out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This one only come with half the season pass.

In all seriousness, I had no idea that ubisoft had 4 tiers of editions for their games...(Standard, Deluxe, Gold and Collector).
In addition to those WD2 also had a couple of Uplay Store exclusive editions. Yes, 6 different editions.

nath999

I don't think they do release this in Canada. I always sign up for the playstation stuff and never get it but XB1 I am always apart of the first wave.

Looking at upgrading to the PS4 Pro. I wonder what EB Games would give me for my Xbox One S 2TB and slim PS4. I'll call them when they open, but anyone have a rough estimate?

Lexxism

Looking at upgrading to the PS4 Pro. I wonder what EB Games would give me for my Xbox One S 2TB and slim PS4. I'll call them when they open, but anyone have a rough estimate?
PS4 Amateur was $175 before any promo during the PS4 Pro trade-in promo on November. I guess the XB1S 2TB is probably around that price.

Lizardus

Got an email yesterday about The Man in the High Castle season 2 finally being available on Amazon Video app on Feb 10th with the first episode available now.

Gee thanks, I already watched it last year on your website. Canada always gets the short end of the stick for these things.

zroid

Banned
Just a note to people who are planning to watch the Superbowl tomorrow, may I suggest tuning into CTV rather than FOX? You won't see all "the ads" but Superbowl advertising revenue is a huge part of the media economy in this country. The CRTC's ruling is doing a lot more harm than good. You can always watch the commercials on youtube anyway.

Just a note to people who are planning to watch the Superbowl tomorrow, may I suggest tuning into CTV rather than FOX? You won't see all "the ads" but Superbowl advertising revenue is a huge part of the media economy in this country. The CRTC's ruling is doing a lot more harm than good. You can always watch the commercials on youtube anyway.

I'd only watch for the ads.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait, the Fox channel will show the US ads?
If so, I'll probably watch it there lols.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The only thing I think sucks for Bell is that it's happening half way through their NFL contract instead of starting with the next one in a couple of years. Otherwise, fuck Bell.

Bell is doing a "watch to win" contest in the hopes that keeps viewers around.

zroid

Banned
The only thing I think sucks for Bell is that it's happening half way through their NFL contract instead of starting with the next one in a couple of years. Otherwise, fuck Bell.

Bell is doing a "watch to win" contest in the hopes that keeps viewers around.

I'm no fan of Bell, but the ad revenue for such a major event is really important for their bottom line. There have already been layoffs at Bell Media because of this. All because of fucking american commercials. I think it's nonsense and once again demonstrates the CRTC doesn't know what it's doing.

What's the best place to get a Raspberry Pi in Canada? I want to finally make a cheap emulator machine.

I grab mine from amazon.

Find a bundle that comes with a power supply, it's cheaper then getting one on the side.

You'll want something better and more permanent to power the device than a phone charger.

This one is decent and comes with some heat sync's.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E4HDIO4/

Shipping send expensive though.

Here's a link to just the power supply (prime)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0131AYG8C/

Should I get an Apple Watch?
Do people here like theirs?

My Girlfriend has a series 1 and I just recently got a series 2 for Christmas. Personally I love it.. When I remember to put it on lol. I say it really depends on how you use it, Girlfriend likes hers for the fitness tracking aspect, I personally dont touch it. But its super convenient to use to look at messages and notifications while at work or away from your phone. Replying to messages is also pretty good if your just trying to send off something quick, or you can just quickly talk into it to send something longer with Siri. And the option to use the watch to ping your phone if you've lost it in your general vicinity is pretty great.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Girlfriend has a series 1 and I just recently got a series 2 for Christmas. Personally I love it.. When I remember to put it on lol. I say it really depends on how you use it, Girlfriend likes hers for the fitness tracking aspect, I personally dont touch it. But its super convenient to use to look at messages and notifications while at work or away from your phone. Replying to messages is also pretty good if your just trying to send off something quick, or you can just quickly talk into it to send something longer with Siri. And the option to use the watch to ping your phone if you've lost it in your general vicinity is pretty great.
Man, fuck, this is PRECISELY why I want to get mine. I can't use my phone at work unless it's during break or lunch, and I wanted to still see the new shit coming in via notifications, or if I get a call it's easier to see who it is and whether it's important, to ignore for the time being or to call back. Using it for workouts could be useful in the future but not at the moment.
Problem is, my wrist is kinda small, as are my hands, so I might have to go with the 38mm, but I am afraid it might be a bit too cramped? What size is yours? Or does your girlfriend have the 38mm?
Accessories, like all clothing really, don't look great when they're not the right fit, so I don't want to get the 42mm if it will look too bulky on my wrist.

Man, fuck, this is PRECISELY why I want to get mine. I can't use my phone at work unless it's during break or lunch, and I wanted to still see the new shit coming in via notifications, or if I get a call it's easier to see who it is and whether it's important, to ignore for the time being or to call back. Using it for workouts could be useful in the future but not at the moment.
Problem is, my wrist is kinda small, as are my hands, so I might have to go with the 38mm, but I am afraid it might be a bit too cramped? What size is yours? Or does your girlfriend have the 38mm?
Accessories, like all clothing really, don't look great when they're not the right fit, so I don't want to get the 42mm if it will look too bulky on my wrist.

You will love it then, that's why I wanted it and it's pretty awesome! As for size, I have pretty small wrists and so does my girlfriend but i have a 42 and she has a 38 , I can use both fine, don't feel like the 38 is too small at all

etta

my hard graphic balls
You will love it then, that's why I wanted it and it's pretty awesome! As for size, I have pretty small wrists and so does my girlfriend but i have a 42 and she has a 38 , I can use both fine, don't feel like the 38 is too small at all
Sounds good, I'll give them both a go at the Apple Store to see if the 42mm is too big or not, but it's good if text/notifications aren't cramped up on the 38mm.
Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom