• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

Ordered a fidget cube clone from both China and UK from eBay, paid for the products + shipping as posted by the sellers

Will I have to pay customs? Will I be charged anything extra when it arrives?

Help!

Ordered a fidget cube clone from both China and UK from eBay, paid for the products + shipping as posted by the sellers

Will I have to pay customs? Will I be charged anything extra when it arrives?

Why didn't you get the original fidget cube?

I'm on the fidget toy locomotive full steam ahead. Bought 4 of the original Fidget Cubes, then found myself checking out spinners. WOW. That's a slippery slope.

Anyhow. I wouldn't worry about paying customs. If you went with knockoffs, they're likely pretty cheap. Customs office has bigger fish to fry.

Spinners...

Bought this...

product-image-173554312_1024x1024.jpg

Then these two...

Then this one...

Then last night...this one...

As I said...slippery slope.

antibolo

Banned
I'm no fan of Bell, but the ad revenue for such a major event is really important for their bottom line. There have already been layoffs at Bell Media because of this. All because of fucking american commercials. I think it's nonsense and once again demonstrates the CRTC doesn't know what it's doing.

Oh no poor Bell I am so sad for them

iLLmAtlc

I get why some people would want the commercials, because in the US they are an integral part of the Superbowl experience. But in Canada I don't think we've ever had them, so if this doesn't start a new tradition it seems like a pretty good way to flush money down the toilet.

zroid

Banned
Oh no poor Bell I am so sad for them

Listen. I'm not here to defend Bell.

But the CRTC shouldn't be screwing over Bell's Media division with a pointless rule which exists solely to give entitled Canadians access to something they can see for free online anytime they want, and ultimately it will come at the expense of jobs and service.

If y'all want to watch the game on FOX, that's your prerogative. Just trying to offer an argument why maybe that's not the best thing for the economy.

23qwerty

I get why some people would want the commercials, because in the US they are an integral part of the Superbowl experience. But in Canada I don't think we've ever had them, so if this doesn't start a new tradition it seems like a pretty good way to flush money down the toilet.
we definitely used to get American Superbowl commercials

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Listen. I'm not here to defend Bell.

But the CRTC shouldn't be screwing over Bell's Media division with a pointless rule which exists solely to give entitled Canadians access to something they can see for free online anytime they want, and ultimately it will come at the expense of jobs and service.

If y'all want to watch the game on FOX, that's your prerogative. Just trying to offer an argument why maybe that's not the best thing for the economy.
I also find it funny that this decision is only for the Super Bowl and not any other event or TV shows.

we definitely used to get American Superbowl commercials
We never did. The only way we ever saw them was watching the OTA signal from the US.

Why didn't you get the original fidget cube?

I'm on the fidget toy locomotive full steam ahead. Bought 4 of the original Fidget Cubes, then found myself checking out spinners. WOW. That's a slippery slope.

Anyhow. I wouldn't worry about paying customs. If you went with knockoffs, they're likely pretty cheap. Customs office has bigger fish to fry.

Spinners...

Bought this...

Then these two...

Then this one...

Then last night...this one...

As I said...slippery slope.

Once the kickbacks are shipped to, Ill jump on. Wanted to get a knockoff asap until then. I intend to support the company but they are backed up until like April for backers

How much may I pay if they charge?

killroy87

That thing was on my radar but won't that holder block the switch ventilation at the back? Or I guess you'll just adjust it?
No clue. Maybe. I feel like I should be able to seat it so there is a bit of space between the back of the Switch and the holder, the pad things look pretty deep.

It's not a life threatening investment, I can use it on my iPad if it doesn't work.

Lexxism

No clue. Maybe. I feel like I should be able to seat it so there is a bit of space between the back of the Switch and the holder, the pad things look pretty deep.
I guess I'll wait on your assessment on how good this holder on the Switch. I don't think the Switch with joyscons will fit on it since the max width is 22cm.

Dont know if anyone here has already mentioned but this deal popped up in the RFD forums.

Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition is at Walmart for 19.96. Snagged a copy myself in Winnipeg, MB and it looks like its chain wide. Totally worth it even just for trade in filler at EB.

IMO looks like a price error so act fast might be fixed soon.

SuperPoncho

Neo Member
Just go to SDM and buy one during the 20x points days like this weekend. You'll get more than 170$ in points. You won't get a better deal than that (even if there's a price cut in the next few months it won't be more than 100$).

Now I'm torn between trying to find a pro at sdm tomorrow for 20x points or holding out trying to find a switch in. A few weeks? I have a vizio m 4k but no hdr....aaggh the pressure!!!

Anth0ny

Just go to SDM and buy one during the 20x points days like this weekend. You'll get more than 170$ in points. You won't get a better deal than that (even if there's a price cut in the next few months it won't be more than 100$).

oh man this is a great idea

oh man why you do this to me

Do Shoppers sell PSVR???

Clive

Dont know if anyone here has already mentioned but this deal popped up in the RFD forums.

Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition is at Walmart for 19.96. Snagged a copy myself in Winnipeg, MB and it looks like its chain wide. Totally worth it even just for trade in filler at EB.

IMO looks like a price error so act fast might be fixed soon.

Checked my local store and the label said $69.99, sadly. YMMV.

So it seems I am unable to cancel an item in a best buy order via the website if part of the order has already shipped?

Am I only able to cancel it over phone?

terrible

Banned
Yes, you can only cancel it over the phone.

If it's not super time sensitive you can cancel via email too. That's what I do most of the time. The last time I did that they didn't even have an online contact form anymore so I just emailed "customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca" with my order # and requested a cancellation and everything went smoothly.

If it's not super time sensitive you can cancel via email too. That's what I do most of the time. The last time I did that they didn't even have an online contact form anymore so I just emailed "customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca" with my order # and requested a cancellation and everything went smoothly.

Cool. Thanks. Trying to decide if I want to keep my andromeda preorder from 2 years ago. Back log is already big enough and adding horizon and South Park isn't helping

Zeeman

Heads up.

Nintendo updated their site concerning their games and digital pre-orders could be coming soon.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/

Not sure but they might of updated the offical zelda: breath of the wild game site as well as the mario kart 8 for the switch game site..not sure though.

A few interesting prices listed here: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games...ch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|featured|des|-|-

Bomberman listed at $50 and the Zelda Special Edition at $100 are probably just mistakes being listed at the US price, but you never know

Sealtest

if you have lego city undercover preordered during the prime fiasco you might notice the price has been increased. Mine now says $38.41.

This is because they reduced the initial price to $69.99 so it screws with prime savings.

Luigi87

if you have lego city undercover preordered during the prime fiasco you might notice the price has been increased. Mine now says $38.41.

This is because they reduced the initial price to $69.99 so it screws with prime savings.

Wow, good catch.
I didn't think they could raise the price of active orders.

Well I'm just gonna leave it be. It's still a big discount off a price error.

Sealtest

it should update to a better deal since its still only taking $6 off 69.99 right now.

So hopefully it updates to take another $7 off.

Nioh coming Tuesday! Who's jumping in?

Didn't like Souls (frustration) and Bloodborne was also too damned hard and slow for me, not to mentioned being "punished" for losing is annoying as a casual.

But loved Bayo, Ninja Gaiden and DMC on hard. Wonder how this will turn out.

mdubs

Banned

Didn't like Souls (frustration) and Bloodborne was also too damned hard and slow for me, not to mentioned being "punished" for losing is annoying as a casual.

Isn't Nioh supposed to be harder than Bloodborne and Souls

I'm in!

23qwerty

I also find it funny that this decision is only for the Super Bowl and not any other event or TV shows.

We never did. The only way we ever saw them was watching the OTA signal from the US.
yeah that's what I mean, you can't even do that anymore though afaik

N° 2048

So in, praying Amazon uses their own courier for delivery or else Canada Post delivers around 3pm Tuesday.

Amazon's courier gets here at like 11am.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for the heads up on this! I was surfing all weekend looking for some kind of Pro bundle, but the Shoppers 20x event works way better in the long run. For anyone else interested, a friendly reminder the only caveat is electronics at Shoppers are final sale so you'll have to deal with Sony once you open the box.

I'm definitely in! Bought a PS4 PRO a couple days ago with points accumulated over a few years on my Shoppers card. Absolutely love the Souls series, and Ninja Gaiden.

BTW, got Ratchet and Clank with the 20% off code that came with the console, but I didn't have to pay any taxes. Is it always like that? No taxes on the PS store? That's pretty cool if so.

Isn't Nioh supposed to be harder than Bloodborne and Souls

Heh, after scouring the review sites, it all depends how the reviewer sees it. The very fast paced fights + own ability to use different exploits repeatedly could mean a satisfying time, albeit a cheap way to progress.

Which is a good thing IMO. I'd rather there be 3 learnable ways to take down an opponent rather than 1 way i.e "get good" (which generally means trial and error - a time waster and annoyance for casuals).

SickBoy

I don't think this is true — at least in a blanket sense. I'm old enough to remember getting US commercials in the 80s (through cable)... but I'm not old enough to remember the particulars:

For a few years we lived in a smaller northern community which didn't have a local feed from a major Canadian network, and I'm quite certain we got an unmolested feed from the U.S. networks (though I think you'd be hard pressed to find that same situation anywhere in the country today).

Outside of that, I don't have good enough recall to remember whether we got US commercials when we were living in the city, though I'm inclined to believe that we did up until a certain point. Though maybe some of that was via satellite, where "simultaneous substitution" wasn't immediately a thing.

BTW, got Ratchet and Clank with the 20% off code that came with the console, but I didn't have to pay any taxes. Is it always like that? No taxes on the PS store? That's pretty cool if so.

It hasn't always been the case, but it's been like that for a while. I have receipts from back in 2007 that include 6% GST.

SickBoy

Thanks for posting that. Still a great deal if you haven't played it... I played it on Wii U and the only reason I ordered it was the price error. $35-ish is still a good price, but I'm leaning towards cancelling it since I already have played it and I'm sure I have a ton of other stuff to play.

Lexxism

Thanks for posting that. Still a great deal if you haven't played it... I played it on Wii U and the only reason I ordered it was the price error. $35-ish is still a good price, but I'm leaning towards cancelling it since I already have played it and I'm sure I have a ton of other stuff to play.
Hmmm. Is there a way you can change the address on that order? I can pay you via interac for the price you paid on it. Of course, if you are okay with the hassle.

etta

my hard graphic balls
There's some nice The North Face triclimates at 50% off on The Last Hunt, if anyone is in need with the Spring coming up.

Porkepik

oh man this is a great idea

oh man why you do this to me

Do Shoppers sell PSVR???
Never seen a psvr at sdm, however my pro comes from there on launch day. 20x points on 330$ + redeeming 95K points. Thats a great deal

Waiting for when i ll buy a switch ans a scorpio like that, not in a hurry

killroy87

Ah, good catch. I'll cancel. I never really wanted it, just saw a good deal. It'll be much less than $40 at some point, especially on a PS Plus same on PS4.

Lizardus

Definitely picking up Shovel Knight at $9.99 (or its CAD equivalent). Its funny that I don't buying these 2D indie games on PC but I always buy them on consoles and handhelds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom