• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
100% Canada post based on my experience. This is what I'm using on the games I bought at Amazon.
Do you have to wait for a slip to be dropped off at your home or can you get an email notification that your package is waiting for you?

Lexxism

Do you have to wait for a slip to be dropped off at your home or can you get an email notification that your package is waiting for you?
Yes, you will receive an email stating that the package is available for pick up. It has a bar code on it. This is why flex delivery is really a great option if you live near a Canada post.

I remember when they were $12.99.

Nintendo is so damn greedy. They're pricing stuff well above the exchange rate. Even their eshop pricing is horrible and the reason I never bought any Smash DLC, Sony and Valve digital pricing is much more reasonable.

The Breath of the Wild amiibo are $15.99 in America. That converts to $21. The Guardian one is $19.99 in America.

Gitaroo

I still remember how generous they were with their pricing on WiiU games. 64.99 while others were 69.99. There's even a point where it was 64.99/79.99.

It was easier for Nintendo before when Yen was still low while USD was high. They always blame strong yen whenever that is the case in their financial report. Now Yen is lower than before and Switch covert to about 350CAD. The system should really be priced at 350CAD in Canada anyway, but you know nintendo want guaranteed profit.

If you work in an office, there's little reason to not get things shipped there. Sure you can't play it right away and if you take a day off for a new release you won't get it, but it's definitely more reliable and convenient.

Kyolux

If you work in an office, there's little reason to not get things shipped there. Sure you can't play it right away and if you take a day off for a new release you won't get it, but it's definitely more reliable and convenient.

With Flex, I can get things sent to the post office 10 minutes walk away from work. But otherwise, if I get stuff shipped to my building that's not work related, they'll just send it back or destroy it.

Yep. Eshop pricing in Canada is absolutely atrocious. I really wanted a Switch, and it still appeals to me, but even after the initial cost of hardware it is only a matter of time before the insanely overpriced software becomes even more expensive here. It is simply not a good financial choice right now.

US eshop accepts non-US credit card now, so after tax and exchange rate, it will be cheaper to just buy game from US eshop, well assuming eshop is not region locked...

They are usually pretty good with games but it is always a gamble. I have no idea about them shipping hardware on release date though.

Also, whenever they have shipped anything for me the carrier (usually Canada Post) never leaves it by the door if I'm out. They always just leave a slip, and you can only pick it up the following day.

Yeah, that's true. Plus I'll be working all day and then flying out the next morning and not back for 10 days. It's just not worth the risk and wouldn't have time to play it anyway.

Pre-ordered Neon Switch Console is being cancelled on Best buy right.. now.

tiijj

Does anyone else's Zelda Special Edition Amazon pre-order say that there's no shipping date yet, or is that just me?

Mine says that as well.

It says
Your estimated delivery date is:
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

Also zelda se is still up at amazon which is quite surprising.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The Breath of the Wild amiibo are $15.99 in America. That converts to $21. The Guardian one is $19.99 in America.

Well I stand corrected. Didnt know the new amiibos are priced higher.

Hazu

It says on Amazon I will only received my copy of Breath of the Wild between March 8th and March 10th.

Can I just buy the game on March 3rd (let's say at EB Games), and return my Amazon copy to the store when I get it?

Nooo BOTW SE sold out while it was in my cart. Want that sweet sweet prime discount.

tumblr_mqvaohKslB1s46koto5_250.gif

At least!

Stage On

I know it's more the exchange rate that is screwing us over here then Nintendo themselves but it doesn't change the fact that with this price hike Amiibo are now simply too bloody expensive.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So my new TNF XL jacket came in, it's a size too large for me, and a size bigger than my other TNF winter coat, which is also XL...
How does this shit happen?
Sigh.

I know it's more the exchange rate that is screwing us over here then Nintendo themselves but it doesn't change the fact that with this price hike Amiibo are now simply too bloody expensive.

Well amiibo prices in USD also went up...

Where can I buy the Switch case made by Nintendo?

Also Canada Post question: I've noticed they never attempt an actual delivery, and just leave a slip. How can I guarantee I get my package the day I'm supposed to get it?

keakster

Where can I buy the Switch case made by Nintendo?

BestBuy and search "Nintendo Switch Carrying Case and Screen Protector"

Also Canada Post question: I've noticed they never attempt an actual delivery, and just leave a slip. How can I guarantee I get my package the day I'm supposed to get it?

Try picking ship direct to post office. Amazon allows this and they just take the package to my nearest Canada Post and when I get the notification on my phone I can go and pick it up without having to wait to get the slip

BestBuy and search "Nintendo Switch Carrying Case and Screen Protector"

Try picking ship direct to post office. Amazon allows this and they just take the package to my nearest Canada Post and when I get the notification on my phone I can go and pick it up without having to wait to get the slip

It sold out :'(

And what about BestBuy orders? I really don't want to wait until the Monday for my Switch...

keakster

It sold out :'(

And what about BestBuy orders? I really don't want to wait until the Monday for my Switch...

I just have my fingers crossed that they ship either Thursday or first thing Friday morning. BestBuy has sent me 3 emails already to reassure me that they will be shipping the console as soon as they are able

leeman

Shaanyboi

Banned
HOLY SHIT

Breath of the Wild Special Edition literally just went back up on BestBuy.ca. I checked randomly and got the last one. My heart is fucking racing lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Did you order wrong or did they mess up the order?

I've never actually ordered clothes online before. Sizing even among same brand items or even the same item can be so weird sometimes.
No I ordered it wrong, because I read it wrong on my other jacket 😭
So no refunds 😭

I've had great experiences with getting The North Face and Canada Goose stuff off of Altitude-Sports, and The Last Hunt is a partner-site. I've gotten winter pants, t-shirts, sweaters, socks, hats, all kind of winter shit from them. And the jacket itself is great, it's just a size too big. Everything is genuine of course, they are authorized resellers. They can offer pretty big discounts because some of their stuff are last season's models. Well, the Canada Goose stuff doesn't get that much of a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom