• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chnibs

Neo Member
Anyone else get their Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's edition cancelled from Best Buy?
Just got an e-mail from them saying:

"Thanks for ordering Horizon Zero Dawn: Collector's Edition. However, there was a glitch in the inventory system that affected some orders for this product. Our bug-hunting team managed to track it down and stomp it out of existence, but in the meantime we were forced to cancel your order."

They gave me a 25$ coupon, which is cool, It just sucks.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this.

firelogic

Anyone else get their Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's edition cancelled from Best Buy?

"Thanks for ordering Horizon Zero Dawn: Collector's Edition. However, there was a glitch in the inventory system that affected some orders for this product. Our bug-hunting team managed to track it down and stomp it out of existence, but in the meantime we were forced to cancel your order."

Unless you had your heart set on the CE, I think you made out pretty good with a $25 coupon. Now you can get the regular edition AND $25 towards another game. SCORE!

leeman

Unless you had your heart set on the CE, I think you made out pretty good with a $25 coupon. Now you can get the regular edition AND $25 towards another game. SCORE!

And, if you really want the CE, there is a very good chance Amazon will get more of them on launch day :).

Gitaroo

Hope my BB order get canceled then.,... was able to get amazon to lower the price of my order after I signed up for prime and I only need 1 copy.

Ventara

Anyone successfully moved/cancelled their Switch games preorders and kept the 2x trade credit from EB yet?

Nope. Tried a few days ago and was denied. Guess I'll just pick it up and do a return. Worst case scenario I just move it to a Switch game further out, which they said I can do when I traded my games in.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

SickBoy

Crazy how challenging that case seems to be to find. You might have better luck going to an EB Games store and trying to preorder there.

I'm sure quantities aren't that much larger, but I wonder if there's maybe a little less preordering of cases being done at retail (and even if people are ordering cases, perhaps they're being steered towards the Biogenik cases).

I assume it works in store, too, but the SKU for the case is 729055. (Why do I know this? I got my preorder via Amazon but had considered doing a trade deal at EB when they had 2x TIV... but all the stuff I wanted to trade that didn't help pay for the console had better value in their trade 3 promo.

Kiro

Crazy how challenging that case seems to be to find. You might have better luck going to an EB Games store and trying to preorder there.

I'm sure quantities aren't that much larger, but I wonder if there's maybe a little less preordering of cases being done at retail (and even if people are ordering cases, perhaps they're being steered towards the Biogenik cases).

I assume it works in store, too, but the SKU for the case is 729055. (Why do I know this? I got my preorder via Amazon but had considered doing a trade deal at EB when they had 2x TIV... but all the stuff I wanted to trade that didn't help pay for the console had better value in their trade 3 promo.

Can we preorder cases at EB?

Dazzler

The incompetence of Shaw is insane.

I signed up yesterday for internet (to be installed next week) at my new apartment.

Got a call an hour ago offering me a bundle with cable. Politely told them I have no interest in cable, and requested an installation time that wouldn't require a day off work (5-7) which he confirmed, and we went our separate ways

An hour later, I get the exact same call from a different sales rep offering me the same package I just refused, and telling me my installation time was 2-4. I told them I just confirmed 5-7 an hour ago, and they flat out told me I didn't and I must be mistaken

Asked could I have 5-7 and they told me it wasn't possible. wtf

No... Don't even do this to me man. Lol ugh I hate and love all of you.
It's so funny, I clicked the link expecting nothing since it was posted more than 2 hours ago then I saw "1 remaining" so somebody just cancelled I guess.
Keep clicking that link man, believe!

iphys

I pre-ordered the Biogenik starter kit there to be safe. Is it a bad brand? I kind of wish they had PDP, as I've had good luck with their stuff in the past.

Kiro

Literally just had one of those cases in my cart and the damn site didn't like my visa card. Refreshed and I lost it. Ugh.

killroy87

Why is everyone wanting the official Nintendo case? Is it because it's the "official" one? Cuz there are literally multiple cases that look to do the same thing, and are more atractive

tiijj

This is the one that I preordered from amazon jp, a hori slim hard pouch

oMjCHFn.jpg

Ahxd0J2.jpg

SickBoy

Can we preorder cases at EB?

Can't see why not. I know the day they launched preorders they had a sheet of all the Biogenik stuff they had available for preorder... I guess the big question is whether stores have any sort of allocation numbers for cases. But it's listed on their website and there's that SKU, so it's probably worth finding out if you're interested.

I pre-ordered the Biogenik starter kit there to be safe. Is it a bad brand? I kind of wish they had PDP, as I've had good luck with their stuff in the past.

I can't imagine there's anything wrong with it, but I always think "store brand" game accessories are a bit of a dice roll.

I like the look of the PDP cases as well. Mildly tempted to switch the case I've ordered, but while I hate screen protectors, I do feel like the Switch is a device I might want one for... so it's a bonus that the official Nintendo case comes with a protector as well (I've probably said that before in this thread... but hopefully not a half-dozen times or anything)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unless they make those tempered glass protectors, I don't think they're worth it. The plastic ones are terrible, both to apply and both in terms of feel.

Sealtest

Final Digimon World Amazon preorder code update.

They gave me 8 codes and all of them were already used. Eventually they refunded me $18 so I could buy the code from Ebay.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
VGP just put up orders for Yakuza 1- 4 reprints on eBay if anyone is interested. Pricey as hell though with conversion. Jadd Ent on Amazon also seems to have them up and are a bit more reasonable.

Guess the Yakuza 0 hype was worth it?

Yakuza - PS2 (Keep in mind Kiwami coming in the summer is a remake of this one)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yakuza-1-Son...739022?hash=item4b11a7874e:g:E~0AAOSwax5YnN-R

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000FIVC2W/

Yakuza 2 - PS2

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yakuza-2-Son...354935?hash=item33c86465b7:g:li4AAOSwB-1YnOA9

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000FIVC2W/

Yakuza 3 - PS3

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yakuza-3-Son...729681?hash=item4b11a762d1:g:PW8AAOSw32lYnNww

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0030GBSUC/

Yakuza 4 - PS3

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yakuza-4-Son...535215?hash=item33c857e3af:g:AHwAAOSw~AVYnN2j

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003QX4F7C/

terrible

Banned
Noisy little brother at 10 PM...
Little fucker can't control his reactions when he plays games lol.

I'm the same as your brother I think. I can happily play along silently in something like Battlefield but all of a sudden an airplane will fall out of the sky and crush me and I'll shout out a "wtf" involuntarily. Help. I would stop but it happens automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom