• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Pre-order. I don't know if I'll keep it or not. I'm not yet a prime tho. So hopefully once I subscribe before march 3 they will let me have the 20% discount.

RE: amiibo prices, they are sadly pretty normal. Some amiibo have always been a "tier" higher, specifically the Yarn Yoshi ones before at $16 USD / $20 CAD in Canada. They've just updated it to $22 here which isn't too unfair with the exchange rate at ~$21.

If anything, it's more that they seem to be applying the higher "tier" to an increasingly high amount of figures. Before it was only the Yarn ones, but Wolf Link and all the new BotW figures seem to be covered under it. :(

terrible

Banned
How does EB Games work with cancellations of online orders? Does it work like Best Buy where the item shows up online again pretty quickly or is it like Amazon where that's not the case? I'm probably going to cancel my Breath of the Wild SE order there before release now that I have it ordered on Amazon so I'm just curious if I should let GAF know right before I cancel or if it doesn't matter.

Jashobeam

wow Special Edition still up at amazon, thats gotta be a record. with the lower price point and prime discount it came up to about $117, very nice! I still have my bestbuy preorder, going to cancel it, they didn't adjust the price to $129.99 and for some reason I can't email them to ask to change it so fuck it, they wont get my money.

Wedge7

Man, reading that thread about people who don't take their shoes off inside. Had no idea that apparently most Americans seem to waltz around inside their homes with their shoes on. Honestly, growing up, I don't think I've ever met anyone who does that shit here. The weirdest thing is apparently if you don't agree with it, your some kind of germaphobe. What a thread.

Man, reading that thread about people who don't take their shoes off inside. Had no idea that apparently most Americans seem to waltz around inside their homes with their shoes on. Honestly, growing up, I don't think I've ever met anyone who does that shit here. The weirdest thing is apparently if you don't agree with it, your some kind of germaphobe. What a thread.

Where's the deals on indoor shoes!

N° 2048

My mom would fucking slap me if I came inside with my shoes on when I was a kid.

It's disgusting, there's so much shit on the ground, literally.

makes sense if you think about it. I mean, look who their President is now.

killroy87

Yeah, that's a massive cultural difference between Canada and America. I honestly never knew keeping shoes on was a thing either. It blew my mind. And now when I watch an American sitcom, I can't not notice.

Jashobeam

yea just never invite Rick James over to your house

NkHMwty.gif

I can't wrap my mind around that thread, man.

I wear shoes because my floors are dirty because I wear shoes indoors. Okay...

Moltenix

Always thought that shoes in the house was a TV only thing but apparently not.

Can't even imagine doing that with the kind of weather we get here up north. It's raining or snowing for a good chunk of the year. Even when it's nice out, it's not THAT clean.

farisr

Yeah, that's a massive cultural difference between Canada and America. I honestly never knew keeping shoes on was a thing either. It blew my mind. And now when I watch an American sitcom, I can't not notice.
Yeah, there was no difference between here and the other two countries I had lived in for this regard, so when I watched sitcoms, I initially thought it was just a matter of convenience for filming rather than a reflection on how it actually is in the US.

joms5

I had to leave that thread because I was afraid of what I would say.

I always saw characters on television wearing shoes indoors but figured it was due to it being a set and not an actual house. But now I know better.

I can't imagine how sweaty your feet must get after being in shoes almost all day long.

Lothars

wow Special Edition still up at amazon, thats gotta be a record. with the lower price point and prime discount it came up to about $117, very nice! I still have my bestbuy preorder, going to cancel it, they didn't adjust the price to $129.99 and for some reason I can't email them to ask to change it so fuck it, they wont get my money.
Thanks for the heads up, I just preordered it.

Fularu

Banned

We have snow for 4-5 months a year, we're conditionned to not keep our shoes inside because it woult get disgusting.

It's the same in US states that get a lot of snow.

In France no one removes their shoes inside (people are puzzled when I ask them to remove them while visiting family in Paris)

Dazzler

I'm from Ireland and nobody removes their shoes in the house there

It never snows, and we always had wood flooring, so didn't have much effect on the house

I always take my shoes off at my apartment now tho, just seems to be the done thing in Vancouver

Robert807

Quick question about Internet and wifi. I got shaw 150 yesterday , Xbox s is upstairs , wifi is 92 percent strong. I only get speeds of about 40 mb a sec. ok I open ports on router for Xbox . Nat is open on Xbox. Still slow speeds of about 40 mb. Ok I move my Xbox right next to my modem . I only get about 56 mb/sec
Wifi 100 percent strength.
Is the normal to get speeds like that?
If I buy a router will that make any difference? thanks in advance . I'm not good with computers

iiicon

Nice, grabbed that SE of Zelda from Amazon. Definitely preferable to the Master Sword edition when you consider Prime pricing. Unfortunately most Amazon Friday releases have been delivering to me the following Tuesday at best, so my Switch is just gonna sit next to my TV for a couple days most likely.

Fularu

Banned
Mhh this SE listing is different from the one I purchased when it first went up

The original listing still exists and links to third party sellers selling the SE for 400$

This annoys me really as I'm worried about the first listing now

Mhh this SE listing is different from the one I purchased when it first went up

The original listing still exists and links to third party sellers selling the SE for 400$

This annoys me really as I'm worried about the first listing now

We should be fine but it could be a LITTLE bit concerning.

antibolo

Banned
Eh, wearing shoes indoors is the norm in my family.

And I always refused to do it. Never felt right to me.

I remember my father being annoyed whenever we would go outside together to do something and he'd have to wait for me to put my shoes on.

Lexxism

Quick question about Internet and wifi. I got shaw 150 yesterday , Xbox s is upstairs , wifi is 92 percent strong. I only get speeds of about 40 mb a sec. ok I open ports on router for Xbox . Nat is open on Xbox. Still slow speeds of about 40 mb. Ok I move my Xbox right next to my modem . I only get about 56 mb/sec
If I buy a router will that make any difference? thanks in advance . I'm not good with computers
If I understand it correctly, you only get 56mbps WiFi out of 150? What router are you using?

Before you go buying a router you need to determine where the issue is. Plug the Xbox in and see what speed it gets, run a speed test on another device connected through WiFi and another on something directly wired.

What modem/router did Shaw provide you with?

Getting a working custom PC from Ncix was quite the ordeal.

- Picked the parts with the help of a Gaffer and bought them on Ncix to have them put it all together
- They are busy over the holiday season so it takes a while to get put together and shipped
- The PC arrives dead, won't even boot. They had a sheet there saying that it was checked for quality before shipping, clearly that wasn't true.
- Somehow I get it to boot and it dies a couple of days later.
- Took it to an Ncix store and they said they would ship to their warehouse for repairs
- Over a month and a half later they email me saying that there is a fault with the motherboard and they need to replace it
- A couple of more weeks pass and I go to pick it up
- I unpack it and the case isn't even screwed on properly
- I open it to insert the video card (since it was taken out for shipping safety) and the damn cooler is hanging by a cable and not even attached to the motherboard.
- I take the damn thing back to the store again (because apparently they have a no refund policy for custom PCs) to fix on the spot.
- When I came in they said they called the technician and he said the cooler was put on perfectly and they did a quality check. All I can do is laugh since their quality check allowed a dead PC to be shipped in the first place.
- They call their in store technician over to have a look and apparently the brackets that hold the cooler in place were installed upside down and that is why the thing fell out. He had to unscrew them and then screw them on properly before putting the cooler into them.

It seems to be working so far but holy fuck was the whole process rage inducing. Their store comes so well recommended online but this was beyond disappointing. The store is also pretty far from me so it was quite the trip each time.

At least the Mississauga store staff was really helpful.

I usually don't bother with giving bad reviews online but I'm really tempted to do a 1 star after this. This was my first time getting a custom PC and might very well be my last.

can attest the mississauga store is god tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom