• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that this game will be rare eventually.

I'm sure it'll be rare, but I guess the question is if there'll be actual demand years down the line.

Codename STEAM, I can see that getting pricey since it was more of a one-and-done game with a cult/niche audience. Federation Force bombed because there was no demand for it.

On the flipside though, it might become sought-after by collectors specifically because it's the one game they passed over. I mean, three of the rarest/most expensive Wii U games are friggin' Game & Wario, Mario and Sonic Rio Olympics, and Wii Sports Club. You never know with Nintendo first-party.

FN-2187

Breath of the Wild amiibo will be up @ BestBuy.ca around noon PST today for anyone still looking:

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...f-the-Wild-Amiibo-pre-order/m-p/171477#M17127

Do we know yet what this does in game? I have not been paying attention, even though I have the game preordered for Wii U. I checked the Nintendo website and it says "Stay tuned for news about this game's Amiibo features—coming soon!"

I got out of the Amiibo game like 2 months after it started and had no intentions of ever buying another one, but now that we are a couple of weeks away, I am really excited about BotW, so I am tempted.

leeman

Do we know yet what this does in game? I have not been paying attention, even though I have the game preordered for Wii U. I checked the Nintendo website and it says "Stay tuned for news about this game's Amiibo features—coming soon!"

I got out of the Amiibo game like 2 months after it started and had no intentions of ever buying another one, but now that we are a couple of weeks away, I am really excited about BotW, so I am tempted.

Crazy enough, we don't know yet. In fact, I feel that there are TONS of unknowns about a lot of Switch stuff, not just Zelda. Seems crazy given that we are more or less 2 weeks away!

Lexxism

What will happen to your EB games credit if you did not pick up you pre-order? Will you lose the pre-tax on it? I'm not really sure I want grey lol

Stat!

Is there a way to be notified of price drops on amazon on something on my wishlist?

MGSV is $50. If it goes to like 30, I want to pick it up but dont know how to get informed of said sale

The Limited Edition of Zelda: Art & Artifacts is back in stock @ Amazon.ca. Price is now $78.69.

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/150670378X/022748-20/

i'm starting to get a zelda overloaded. off the top of my head we got already out or is releasing soon:

zelda botw wii u
zelda botw switch
zelda botw switch se
zelda botw switch me
zelda botw amiibos up the butt
zelda botw guides
zelda arts and artifacts guides
zelda 30th anniversary soundtrack that you have to import and is pricey

I probably forgot a ton of other stuff but still...

The hardcore zelda fan/collector must be looking at their wallet and crying right now

Jashobeam

i'm starting to get a zelda overloaded. off the top of my head we got already out or is releasing soon:

zelda botw wii u
zelda botw switch
zelda botw switch se
zelda botw switch me
zelda botw guides

The hardcore zelda fan/collector must be looking at their wallet and crying right now

getting Zelda Botw SE and hardcover piggyback strategy guide thats all for my zelda spending, not really into amiibos, with prime discounts and the $5 RE7 gift card its really not much, not factoring in the cost of the Switch itself of course, that one is gonna hurt the most lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

zelda botw wii u
zelda botw switch
zelda botw switch se
zelda botw switch me
zelda botw guides

It's just money.

tiijj

zelda botw wii u
zelda botw switch
zelda botw switch se
zelda botw switch me
zelda botw guides

There might be a hyrule encyclopedia (basically it's an updated hyrule historia) coming soon, the japanese version will be out mar 1 there.

What computer would folks recommend most for optimal Elgato HD60 recordings in 1080p60?

Is this one good? I bought it yesterday and I'm waiting for it to be delivered, but I can just ask the the delivery person to take it back and refund it if it wasn't a good idea.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=dca1373a20ddde49e3ae8a32601c5103en02

Would've preferred this one, but BB is sold out, but Canada Computers has it for only $50 more:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=7c5f6304eedbd0c6fb3ef1261f2f97b2en02

Mimosa97

I want to sell my seagate 2TB backup external hard drive on Kijiji but I don't know how much I should charge for it. It's still new and the box is unsealed. What do you guys think ?

I want to sell my seagate 2TB backup external hard drive on Kijiji but I don't know how much I should charge for it. It's still new and the box is unsealed. What do you guys think ?
Unused/sealed you should be able to get $80 fairly easy the cheapest those ever were (if we're talking the bup slim) was like 69.99 at Amazon a few years ago during BF, and new they're like what 110-119?

Mimosa97

Unused/sealed you should be able to get $80 fairly easy the cheapest those ever were (if we're talking the bup slim) was like 69.99 at Amazon a few years ago during BF, and new they're like what 110-119?

Yeah they go for 110+taxes on Amazon.

I want 100$ but most people won't pay more than 80$. Le sigh.

tiijj

The Nintendo Canadian eshop is different from the US eshop, unless you are going to use a US eshop then it might not be a good idea to purchase online codes/downloadable stuff from the US.

Sealtest

So, Amazon US is selling pre-orders for the Zelda BOTW DLC. It's $19.99 USD. Do DLC codes from the US work here?

These are questions I don't think anyone can answer until launch.

Since this is a whole new territory of eshop we'll be dealing with who knows if NA eshop will be the same just with different prices or if it'll remain different.

Would be awesome if we could just buy from amazon. Avoid paying the inflated Canadian price + the Canadian taxes.

You can actually use game codes from US to Canada or vice versa. You are probably thinking of eshop card where you can't use it on either eshop.

Really? I thought they were different.

Lexxism

The Nintendo Canadian eshop is different from the US eshop, unless you are going to use a US eshop then it might not be a good idea to purchase online codes/downloadable stuff from the US.
You can actually use game codes from US to Canada or vice versa. You are probably thinking of eshop card where you can't use it on either eshop.

leeman

These are questions I don't think anyone can answer until launch.

Since this is a whole new territory of eshop we'll be dealing with who knows if NA eshop will be the same just with different prices or if it'll remain different.

Yeah, you guys are right, this is unknown territory, best not to risk it...

Can second that in my experience at least on WiiU/3DS, game codes are cross-US/CA, money/credit codes are not.

Also yes, you can buy digital codes off Amazon.com if you use a US address. I personally use Google's...

tiijj

I stand corrected. Maybe that was what I was thinking. Still a word of caution about getting downloadable stuff from the US. We are ~16 days from launch and we still don't know a lot about the switch.

Besides it's not like it will sell out immediately so if they are joining both the us and canada eshop as one then there's still time to save a few $ but they do charge after they are ready to ship/send the code so the savings might be good or bad, we don't even know how much it is in canadian $ yet.

There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work since both are in the same region. Then again, this is Nintendo we are talking about.

Give nintendo a break, they are trying to change LOL I mean we did get region free that is a step in the right direction LOL At least they are trying.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I wouldn't risk it just yet with the US codes since we don't know if the eShop will be handled differently on the Switch

ALTHOUGH Nintendo did specifically say that you can change the region on your switch, so in a worst case scenario if the code doesn't work on the Canadian eShop, you could still change your region to USA temporarily and download it there

Sealtest

we don't even know how much it is in canadian $ yet.

We can kind'of expect it to be $29.99 + Tax judging by the pricing of guardian amiibo.

Not sure if Amazon charges tax on digital content but the savings could be great once we confirm at launch if they're usable.

tiijj

We can kind'of expect it to be $29.99 + Tax judging by the pricing of guardian amiibo.

Not sure if Amazon charges tax on digital content but the savings could be great once we confirm at launch if they're usable.

Yeah it is expected but nothing's really official. I was searching for it on the zelda.com site, that one doesn't even have a canadian english version and the french one is outdated.

What computer would folks recommend most for optimal Elgato HD60 recordings in 1080p60?

Is this one good? I bought it yesterday and I'm waiting for it to be delivered, but I can just ask the the delivery person to take it back and refund it if it wasn't a good idea.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=dca1373a20ddde49e3ae8a32601c5103en02

Would've preferred this one, but BB is sold out, but Canada Computers has it for only $50 more:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=7c5f6304eedbd0c6fb3ef1261f2f97b2en02

To be honest, neither of those PC's are very good. I would consider building your own PC, perhaps with something like this:
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/\

What you likely need for streaming, is a solid CPU, storage, and potentially Ram. Take that part list link, and use it to price match at Memory Express or NCIX. Where do you live? If you are in the Vancouver area, I can probably help with the build. If you then wanted to use this as a gaming PC down the line, you could get another 8GB of ram, and put a video card inside.

c-murph

zelda botw wii u
zelda botw switch
zelda botw switch se
zelda botw switch me
zelda botw guides

I dare someone to buy it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom