• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Yup. That's what they told me. I guess I'll just contact them to apply the discount if I don't see it.

Same, she said she'd make an exception for me due to the fact it's limited and out of stock.

Normally I would have to cancel and re-order (she initially offered to cancel it herself but I advised against due to it being OOS)

Is the BOTW SE even worth it? I have the Amazon pre-order with Prime. But it's about $40 more than just getting the game itself with Prime. 🤔

CRA5H

Is the BOTW SE even worth it? I have the Amazon pre-order with Prime. But it's about $40 more than just getting the game itself with Prime. 🤔
I have it preordered at my EB but all I really care for is the case.. which im still not convinced on. I think I'm gonna downgrade when I pick it up and use the extra $$$ for some accessories.

zroid

Banned
Is the BOTW SE even worth it? I have the Amazon pre-order with Prime. But it's about $40 more than just getting the game itself with Prime. ��

it's so not worth it

but it's a Zelda CE

if you're really concerned about value though it should be worth a lot down the road anyhow

zroid

Banned
Well now that I have a Prime free trial I might as well order a couple of those BOTW amiibo

aaaaand the Zelda one is sold out. Bugger

Ryde3

Amazon is saying they'll apply a prime discount to my order when it ships. Will they do it or should I keep bugging them to do it now?

My experience is 50/50, best bet is to probably wait until it ships and check your invoice.

They did it for TLG so I have my hopes up for Horizon.

suikodan

I have it preordered at my EB but all I really care for is the case.. which im still not convinced on. I think I'm gonna downgrade when I pick it up and use the extra $$$ for some accessories.

Yeah, I wanted the case as well but the price difference is just too much when I can buy a good case with a "starter kit" for less... I cancelled my SE earlier today.

I already have the Switch, Zelda and the WiiU version (from earlier E3) of Zelda preordered. I should just stop and wait for March 3rd now.

jokkir

Yeah, I have the same dilemma with the BOTW SE. It's so much cheaper just to get the normal version :\. Maybe I'll just sell it later on and buy an extra copy of the game for now or something. The only thing I care about in there is the CD tbh

He lost a Trump will be president bet is the word going around

I don't want to speculate about why Bish made his choice or derail things too much so this is the last I'll say on the subject, but are you sure you're not thinking about Stump's bet with diablos? Stump said he'd quit if Hillary died before the election (which obviously didn't happen).

DVCY201

Yea, I'm gonna have to break out an Excel sheet to add up the costs to determine whether it's better to go for normal + starter kit or LE + screen protector, yadda yadda

tiijj

Yeah, I wanted the case as well but the price difference is just too much when I can buy a good case with a "starter kit" for less... I cancelled my SE earlier today.

I already have the Switch, Zelda and the WiiU version (from earlier E3) of Zelda preordered. I should just stop and wait for March 3rd now.

I would write it down and see how much everything totals. I did it and I was really shocked but at the same time I wasn't. I need to cancel some coz it will be a very very VERY VERY VERY expensive march.

Also for zelda botw, it is worth coz it's a zelda limited edition but at the same time it is not worth it mainly coz I probably wouldn't use any of the things inside aside from the game. I mean the coin and map is cool and stuff but that's it. The music CD is good but someone will probably put it on youtube or some lossless downloadable file somewhere. The case looks gaudy, 100% sure that I'm not gonna use it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon couldn't get the PS4 in people's hands on day 1, so I don't expect them to get the Switch to people on day 1. There's going to be so much rage.

Kyolux

Guys, what do I do with all this snow?

WCPsZLy.jpg

SoMvSpC.jpg

IChphP2.jpg

tiijj

Amazon couldn't get the PS4 in people's hands on day 1, so I don't expect them to get the Switch to people on day 1. There's going to be so much rage.

BB did a little bit better but if you live close to their warehouse you probably got the PS4 on Nov 18-20th (Mon-Wed). What BB did was dispatched the ps4 a few days to a week before the release day (nov15) so if you live a little bit further but not as far you gor your PS4 a few days before launch day but if you live close by like somewhere in the GTA, they dispatched it the night of the release day (nov15).

RIght now the guaranteed way to get it day one is if you pick it up in store or line up to those midnight releases (stores that has stock on release day).

Guys, what do I do with all this snow?

sell it on kijiji or trade it for some amiibos

Kyolux

Power through it and don't look back.

Going to be fun making the trek to the garage tomorrow morning to get the snowblower out.

My girlfriend's going to be over later this week and I'm worried about one of her dogs just walking over the fence.

I trust mine not to do this, but one of hers, she's a nutcase.

BB did a little bit better but if you live close to their warehouse you probably got the PS4 on Nov 18-20th (Mon-Wed). What BB did was dispatched the ps4 a few days to a week before the release day (nov15) so if you live a little bit further but not as far you gor your PS4 a few days before launch day but if you live close by like somewhere in the GTA, they dispatched it the night of the release day (nov15).

RIght now the guaranteed way to get it day one is if you pick it up in store or line up to those midnight releases (stores that has stock on release day).

sell it on kijiji or trade it for some amiibos
I'm super not looking forward to having to be paranoid about a goddamn purolator delivery the whole week leading up to the switch. I wish BB would switch to UPS for important stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yep, after a $25 purchase. Current promotion is for people who want to buy a single book I imagine
6A9TsZc.gif

Online Only: Offer Valid from February 13, 2017 at 12:01 AM EST until 3:00 AM EST on February 16, 2017. No minimum purchase required. Offer does not apply to heavy and/or oversized items, Gift Cards, or shipments to remote areas as determined by Indigo Books & Music Inc. in its sole discretion. Offer may change or end at any time without notice.

So with 18 days left until the Switch, I haven't had any luck in getting a pre-order. My best option is to now go to a Walmart on the day of and hope to nab one.

This is going to be like the Wii days, where it'll probably require standing outside of the store before it opens for a while :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So with 18 days left until the Switch, I haven't had any luck in getting a pre-order. My best option is to now go to a Walmart on the day of and hope to nab one.

This is going to be like the Wii days, where it'll probably require standing outside of the store before it opens for a while :(
Day of? Don't you mean the night before?

Madness

The winter in BC was crazy this year. Yeah it sucked having to shovel daily, fractured ankle during a foot in a parking lot pothole, but man, felt like the early 90's winters. The slight increase in global temperature meant barely 1 or 2 days of wet snow in Metro Vancouver the past 7+ years in winters. Just last week we got like 12-15cm.

Murdamonk

The winter in BC was crazy this year. Yeah it sucked having to shovel daily, fractured ankle during a foot in a parking lot pothole, but man, felt like the early 90's winters. The slight increase in global temperature meant barely 1 or 2 days of wet snow in Metro Vancouver the past 7+ years in winters. Just last week we got like 12-15cm.

You are lucky.. We got 25cm yesterday in Greater Montreal area.. I am sick of winter already...

Lexxism

Same, she said she'd make an exception for me due to the fact it's limited and out of stock.

Normally I would have to cancel and re-order (she initially offered to cancel it herself but I advised against due to it being OOS)
The rep I talked with sent an email that she applied the discount on the order! I guess I don't have much of a choice but to take this order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom