• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winter in BC was crazy this year. Yeah it sucked having to shovel daily, fractured ankle during a foot in a parking lot pothole, but man, felt like the early 90's winters. The slight increase in global temperature meant barely 1 or 2 days of wet snow in Metro Vancouver the past 7+ years in winters. Just last week we got like 12-15cm.

The dump we got last week is pretty much gone.

December, when we got snow and then a lot of subzero temperatures to ice it over, was worse.

Fularu

Banned

Fularu

Banned
Interesting! Bish was the best. Would be cool to see his post where he said he would quit modding if Trump won. Though to be fair, who knows if he meant that literally. Could have left for other reasons. No idea why Trump winning would make him quit being a mod.

No one thought Trump would win

Vamphuntr

Amazon seems to be having issues right now. It refuses to load my orders and give an error message. I guess this is one way to hide an order shipping late...

leeman

Do you people think NoA will release another batch/model of New 3ds non-xl?

Amazon had a small batch of the new 3DS super mario bros edition the other day. The US had a pretty big restock of it as well, so I could see us getting a bigger restock of it soon'ish. Or did you mean new model altogether?

Vinc

So... For Honor with priority shipping + Amazon Prime didn't ship on time, and said it would ship on the 17th instead. I contacted Amazon to simply politely ask if something was wrong with my order. They said there was indeed a technical error that prevented shipment, so I was invited to place a new order and they would refund it. I asked if the technical error was permanent as I didn't mind waiting but would prefer not to place another temporary charge on my CC. CSR said they would immediately contact shipping and tell them to prioritize my current order, and that he would process a full refund for the game on top of that. I was confused and said I didn't want the order cancelled and asked why I'd get a refund.

And he was just like "oh no, you'll get the refund AND the game in priority, which is yours to keep."

Then I got the email confirming the refund, and he refunded me an extra 5 bucks than I paid "for my troubles".

Best CSR ever?

Iced

NES Classic is out for delivery. I signed up for Prime yesterday (not the free trial, since I'd already used that up) to place the order, and just now I was able to cancel the membership with an $82.13 refund coming to my card in the next couple of days. Not sure how often you can do this, but it seems to have worked for me.

So I picked up For Honour today and I think this is the oddest choice for a pre-order bonus I've seen yet...

kwDFSZ4l.jpg

You got one of those 3 rings... I just don't see the correlation between people buying videogames and collectible rings.Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know what I'm going to do with this ring and I doubt the many people who were picking up the game do either :/.

Also, I understand why every game seems to have a season pass. I think in the lineup of 10 people I was one of the few who didn't buy the season pass for the game. Maybe it's because I'm an enthusiast who purchases wayyyy too many games and posts on cheap game deal threads, but the thought of just committing to a seasons pass before even playing the game seems odd to me. To blindly commit to $49.99 seems like an unwise purchase to me, especially if there's no real incentive to purchase it asap.

So I picked up For Honour today and I think this is the oddest choice for a pre-order bonus I've seen yet...

kwDFSZ4l.jpg

You got one of those 3 rings... I just don't see the correlation between people buying videogames and collectible rings.Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know what I'm going to do with this ring and I doubt the many people who were picking up the game do either :/.

Also, I understand why every game seems to have a season pass. I think in the lineup of 10 people I was one of the few who didn't buy the season pass for the game. Maybe it's because I'm an enthusiast who purchases wayyyy too many games and posts on cheap game deal threads, but the thought of just committing to a seasons pass before even playing the game seems odd to me. To blindly commit to $49.99 seems like an unwise purchase to me, especially if there's no real incentive to purchase it asap.

1) Which ring did you get?

2) Is it $50 for the season pass? I've been trying to find that out and can't find any info on it. It's still not up on the PSN store.

1) Which ring did you get?

2) Is it $50 for the season pass? I've been trying to find that out and can't find any info on it. It's still not up on the PSN store.

The blue Samurai one.

And I believe it was either $49.99 or $39.99, it got asked to so many people I sort of just phased it out.

Edit: In the in-game store it's listed as $53.49.

kwDFSZ4l.jpg

It's valentine's day... you are supposed to propose with the ring.

The blue Samurai one.

And I believe it was either $49.99 or $39.99, it got asked to so many people I sort of just phased it out.

Dangit. Why isn't this info just out there. Still confused why I can't find it on PSN. They have steel credits for sale but not the season pass. I got the base game for $39.49 after taxes from amazon so tacking on the season pass doesn't end up being that much more then the game at regular price. But dammit. Can't buy it if it's not there.

Omlagus

Anyone have an opinion on For Honor after the beta? I somehow forgot I even had the thing pre-ordered and Amazon has seemingly come through with the shipping and it went out yesterday for delivery today.

For a final price of $47.54 I almost feel like I should keep it, just on principle, but I have no idea if I will even have time to play it and can't seem to see reviews anywhere.

kennah

John Wick 2 is playing in english in Quebec City literally once.

I'm not even mad. Gonna go this Thursday night I guess. Heh.

MarkusRJR

I've been eyeing Federation Force for a while now and it looks like it's finally on clearance (I think)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/metroid-prime-federation-force-3ds/10380771.aspx
As a Metroid fan I'm going to eventually buy the game, but I'm not sure if it'll randomly drop to sub $15 like Chibi Robo or Codename STEAM. I got burned by buying Chibi Robo at launch since GCN Chibi Robo was one of my favorite GCN games. I liked the game but seeing it be sold for like $10 made me super regret getting it then.

At the same time though I'm worried this is one of those cases where the game just drops a bit and gets impossible to find. I dunno...

Not gaming but the first three volumes of the hardcover JoJo's Bizarre Adventure releases are on sale for $13.79 down from like $22 on indigo.ca. Volume 1 and 3 on Amazon as well, but volume 2 is OOS.

Been meaning to grab these for a while now.

Anyone have an opinion on For Honor after the beta? I somehow forgot I even had the thing pre-ordered and Amazon has seemingly come through with the shipping and it went out yesterday for delivery today.

For a final price of $47.54 I almost feel like I should keep it, just on principle, but I have no idea if I will even have time to play it and can't seem to see reviews anywhere.

I loved it. Amazon's suppose to ship today. Looking forward to learning how to play well.

Is Mirror's Edge Catalyst worth $20?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZE4JNAK/

It's not worth your time.

Honestly, no. The game is a mess.

You know. I initially got the game on my double 30% off order. Debated cancelling at that time but figured, if it ever goes cheap, it'd only be the price I was going to pay. Sadly it's $10 cheaper. And even sadder, is that the game is still sealed, and opinions above makes me wish I would have canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom