• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Theatrhythm Curtain Call is $22.49 on the eShop now along with FF Explorers. Have they been lower physically?

I think Amazon clearanced it out around $15 last year or so.

I feel like I've seen it for $20 at Walmarts for the longest time, but that may have been $25.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So, Amazon US is selling pre-orders for the Zelda BOTW DLC. It's $19.99 USD. Do DLC codes from the US work here? I ask because it's very likely that the DLC will be $29.99 CAD (or more) here, would I save money buying from the US?

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B06VVQGHHN/0225481020-20/

EDIT: NM, you can't buy the code in Canada :(

EDIT 2: Actually, it looks like it might work if you have a valid US address in your account...

For Canadian eShop pricing Nintendo jacks it up a whole 40% not to mention theyre the only ones who charge tax too, PSN and Steam don't.

So a $20 season pass will be $28+tax CDN.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this was posted already but if you guys are interested in The Last Guardian or any game $50 or over at The Source you should check out this promo:

671x759_smart_fit.jpg

Saw the deal at RFD and decided to give it a shot. Didn't even sign up for the email, just showed the promo pic. Got TLG for $29.

I'm surprised this hasn't been more popular! So far I've gotten Last Guardian, Kirby Planet Robobot and 2 ink cartridges (urgh) for $25 instead of $50 each time.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm surprised this hasn't been more popular! So far I've gotten Last Guardian, Kirby Planet Robobot and 2 ink cartridges (urgh) for $25 instead of $50 each time.

If their gaming selection wasnt so pitiful I might have actually went to a store but as it is Im happy saving my money.

btkadams

Friends! I am cancelling my Breath of the Wild special edition preorder on BestBuy.ca in about 1 minute. Good luck!

Edit: cancelled now, so i imagine it should be available soon if it hasn't been taken already.

zroid

Banned

Oh crap I didn't even think of Kirby. I do want that. Wonder if my local store has it...

edit: not available at the local store, but a couple semi-nearby do have it... hmmm

jholmes

Theatrhythm Curtain Call is $22.49 on the eShop now along with FF Explorers. Have they been lower physically?

I know I'm not answering your question, but I want to say Curtain Call is great and anyone considering it who has any love for Final Fantasy music should pick it up. Tremendous game.

I also got Robobot! I hope it's fun.

Yesterday at EBGames, I got the Legolas Fun Pack and Gimli Fun Pack for Lego Dimensions for 99 cents each. They had that price on red price tags on the boxes.

explodet

Anybody else sitting on their For Honor Amazon pre-order?
If I didn't have other stuff to play I'd be a trifle miffed.

I need to pull the trigger on Amazon Prime one of these days.

Anybody else sitting on their For Honor Amazon pre-order?
If I didn't have other stuff to play I'd be a trifle miffed.

I need to pull the trigger on Amazon Prime one of these days.

I took the plunge and got Prime. My base game shipped yesterday (ordered 2 e3's ago). But when I got word of how much the Season Pass was, I tried to place an order for the Gold version yesterday. It was release day so I wasn't sure if my Prime Pre-Order promo would work. I still managed to get the 20% off and the game shipped yesterday afternoon.

So there are pluses.

So now I have 2 copies of the game. Deal Anybody want the base game of For Honor for the PS4 for $75 delivered?

farisr

If anyone's interested in For Honor (new, sealed) for 55 + delivery costs, pm me.

Local pickup also available. Pickering, whites & 401.

Currently listing it at 60 on Kijiji.

Edit: Sold.

Dazzler

I took the plunge and got Prime. My base game shipped yesterday (ordered 2 e3's ago). But when I got word of how much the Season Pass was, I tried to place an order for the Gold version yesterday. It was release day so I wasn't sure if my Prime Pre-Order promo would work. I still managed to get the 20% off and the game shipped yesterday afternoon.

So there are pluses.

So now I have 2 copies of the game. Deal Anybody want the base game of For Honor for the PS4 for $75 delivered?

Only the hottest of deals here in the Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion thread

Stat!

If anyone's interested in For Honor (new, sealed) for 55 + delivery costs, pm me.

Ahh damn. Just got it on Amazon the other day with prime discounts. Should have waited.

LOL you think that's a deal? There are tons of people selling the game brand new for $55-$60 on Craigslist.

Then...buy from them? Not understanding the hostility there. It's a $15 savings of the regular price. I offered. If someone buys it, awesome. If not. No biggie. I return it. Do you need a hug?

Lothars

Then...buy from them? Not understanding the hostility there. It's a $15 savings of the regular price. I offered. If someone buys it, awesome. If not. No biggie. I return it. Do you need a hug?
It's not a savings at all. if you can get cheaper copies elsewhere than you are asking to much.

It's not a savings at all. if you can get cheaper copies elsewhere than you are asking to much.

And again...buy from them. I'm not forcing anyone to buy it.

EDIT: For what it's worth. I wasn't aware there were so many copies of the game on kiji, craiglist, or where ever selling for $55-60. Had I known that, I obviously wouldn't have considered $75 a deal. The backlash seems a little unwarranted.

Well, I didn't try it out because one user said that you had to have received this promotion by email and that they would scan some code.

Alukus

Neo Member

Damn, that's my neighbourhood too. Still debating on it, but I'll definitely come to you if I change my mind. A lot of people selling For Honor. What happened?

Yesterday at EBGames, I got the Legolas Fun Pack and Gimli Fun Pack for Lego Dimensions for 99 cents each. They had that price on red price tags on the boxes.

Fuck, you reminded me, EB is going NUTS with clearances on their Toys-to-Life stuff. Skylanders and Disney Infinity stuff (especially the latter). For instance, I think the DI 2.0 figure pack with Iron Man, Black Widow, and that level thing, which is normally $34.99? Now it's 99 cents. o_O

They also had the Animal Crossing 3-Pack with KK Slider and the two alpacas for only $10, aka $3.33 each figure, which is the lowest I've ever seen for any amiibo. Bought one myself! :D

Skylanders cards are also like $2 a pack down from their original price of what, $6 or $8?

-Deimos

Damn, that's my neighbourhood too. Still debating on it, but I'll definitely come to you if I change my mind. A lot of people selling For Honor. What happened?
Doesn't seem to be more than any other game at release. Impressions seem to be positive and personally, I love it.

Grimsen

I haven't played my copy of For Honor yet, but I liked the beta.

If I end up not liking the full game, I'll be sure to try to sell it for 75$ too. that 100% markup would be too nice to pass by.

A lot of people selling For Honor. What happened?

Combination of:

1. Wal-Mart had pre-orders around Black Friday of $49.96 for the game.
2. Amazon matched those on top of 30% so many people got it for even less.
3. Ebgames had a trade in deal of trade 2, get For Honor for free.

So I think many people were open to trying the game out since comparative to so many other titles; it was dirt cheap at release.

After playing the game in the beta and at release I don't think it's the typical multiplayer game that has super mass appeal (I certainly don't like it, but I'm not a fan of fighting games at all).

So it being super cheap and maybe not the most mainstream of titles means that Kijiji seems full of em.

Yeezus

You got one of those 3 rings... I just don't see the correlation between people buying videogames and collectible rings.

I'm not sure what's to get. For Honor has a built in faction war like Pokemon Go did. The rings correspond with the three factions.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know what I'm going to do with this ring and I doubt the many people who were picking up the game do either :/.
Wear it? I'm not entirely sure what's confusing about a game shipping with a physical wearable as a pre-order bonus.

Kyolux

Are we getting the Buy $100 get $15 credits on PSN in Canada too?

And hmm.. not sure what I should buy.. maybe some VR games? may end up passing since I'm getting most of everything that's coming physical.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Are we getting the Buy $100 get $15 credits on PSN in Canada too?

And hmm.. not sure what I should buy.. maybe some VR games? may end up passing since I'm getting most of everything that's coming physical.
Promotion is available to legal U.S., Canada, and Mexico residents with an account for use of the PlayStation®Network (an “Account”) registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 or more using the PSN Wallet between February 21st, 2017 12:01AM PT and February 28th, 2017 11:59PM PT. Third party application purchases not made through the PSN wallet are excluded. Each Account may only accrue a total of $15 in PSN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion.
https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom