• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowRoller

for the switch? I would call them tomorrow and see what's up. Mind you I pre-ordered mine a day after they were available for pre-order. Got damn lucky as I think some one cancelled and I was on the site at the right time.

Yeah i should probably call them. Before your post I thought everyones said arriving march 31st.

Does anyone know if EB Games has announced which locations are getting midnight launches for the Switch/Zelda?

Nothing yet but I would definitely keep an eye out on their site. What's interesting is that for the consoles, it says out of stock, not the grayed out box w/ presell & the price inside it.

Anyone know a good HDMI switch for consoles with no input lag? I'm always so hesitant to buy this kind of stuff but Amazon reviews are never any help and are usually just people yelling about things in caps.

Anyone know a good HDMI switch for consoles with no input lag? I'm always so hesitant to buy this kind of stuff but Amazon reviews are never any help and are usually just people yelling about things in caps.

With HDMI cables, it either works or it doesn't. Digital signals and all that. Get whichever cheap 2.0 cable you can find.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8149 i've been using two of these on my tv, works great, just make to use a quality hdmi cable from the switch to the tv, dont use some garbage dollar store hdmi cable

i use two of these to connect them to the tv https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00GG59HU2/

ElNino

does best buy require official id for trade ins like ebgames?
It's been awhile since I've traded anything in at Best Buy, but I imagine that they would.

Yep
Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any Trade-In for any reason. Trade-In is currently only available at select Best Buy locations. You must be at least 19 years of age with a valid government-issued photo ID. Best Buy is required by law to collect and record additional information as necessary.

zroid

Banned
I am this close to buying a pro controller, but $100 for a controller is just a bridge too far

Oddly, I was convinced at the Toronto event last month, while forced to play Bomberman with a Joycon

I'm not even getting Bomberman but I instantly realized how problematic a lot of games would be without a proper D-pad

it helps that the NSPC is a nice controller anyways

I just realized amazon must be having weeeeird stock issues.

Torment tides of Numenera has a release date of feb 28th but shipping says arriving 7th-9th

Lizardus

Nope, not looking good at all.

Me: I placed an order for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition as soon as it went live. It releases on March 3rd and on my order page, it says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."
I am a little concerned if I'll get the game at all. Is there an issue with the stock?
You are now connected to Amazon from Amazon.ca
Amazon: Hello, I am Priyanka. I'll be glad to assist you today.
There is no need to concern.
I've checked and see that this item is currently unavailable. However we've contacted the suppliers for more stock. Please don't worry this item will be restocked soon and will be shipped and delivered to you on time.
Me: I hope that is the case and my order doesn't end up being cancelled.
If I placed an order as soon as it went up, should I not have a guaranteed copy? How does that work?
Amazon: I've once again forwarded this to our concern team with higher priority so that once this item is restocked we'll send you with higher priority.
Me: Alright thanks, have a good day.
Amazon: Just a moment please.
Thanks for waiting.
Please don't worry you'll receive the item on time for sure.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No, that will be all, thanks
Amazon: It was a pleasure assisting you today! We look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Otherwise, you can click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.

So all the orders that were placed were just nothing? Anyone have a BB/EBGames BotW SE preorder that they want to trade for a BB Switch preorder, lol.

Luigi87

I wouldn't read too much into it atm.
The CSRs only have access to the information available to them. Most definitely they've yet to receive any stock from Nintendo (Nintendo can occasionally be late to ship these things, likely to prevent street date breaking and leaks), and so Amazon won't update their systems.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For retro gamers in Toronto, Retro Game Bros is having a Re-Grand Opening event tomorrow. They're on Kennedy just north of Sheppard in Scarborough.

store11.jpg.opt304x228o0%2C0s304x228.jpg

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Retro Game Bros Re-Grand Opening EVENT!!!

Free Giveaway, Prizes, New layout, TONS OF NEW STOCK!!

We will be closed from February 14th for renovations & will re-open SATURDAY February 25th for the Grand Opening Event.

Store hours will be 11am - 7pm for the event!

Promo Details:

1 entry per purchase on Feb 25th for a CIB EARTHBOUND DRAW (value of $850 )

1 day, single game price deals! (ex. snes chronotrigger $110) Limited quantities & select games & in store deals not advertised!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWiEZhNBaUA

LevelNth

Banned
About to take the plunge to get a PS4 (primarily since the only gaming I've been doing lately is PS Now on my Bravia, but that's getting canned in April) and I'm really struggling between the Pro and the Slim.

Best Buy just updated today with a new Slim deal for $299 with Uncharted, while the Pro is still $499 sans game.

I would like the Pro to enjoy 4K where I can, but I'm not that big a gamer anymore and I'm not sure exactly how much I'll play, and with this new deal that's not exactly a small price difference (just under $300 less to go Slim than Pro with Uncharted, which I really want to play).

People who know this stuff better than me, what are your thoughts?

Kyolux

About to take the plunge to get a PS4 (primarily since the only gaming I've been doing lately is PS Now on my Bravia, but that's getting canned in April) and I'm really struggling between the Pro and the Slim.

Best Buy just updated today with a new Slim deal for $299 with Uncharted, while the Pro is still $499 sans game.

I would like the Pro to enjoy 4K where I can, but I'm not that big a gamer anymore and I'm not sure exactly how much I'll play, and with this new deal that's not exactly a small price difference (just under $300 less to go Slim than Pro with Uncharted, which I really want to play).

Get a Pro if you can afford it. Especially since you have a 4k tv.

Given what you've described, sounds more casual, very few hours, slim is fine.

However, hardware is always re-sellable in future. Whether it's some sort of trade in promo three years from now, or classifieds next week, there's always a buyer. If you have a 4K TV, and money is not really an issue for you, then go for the pro. Resale value will be stronger too, plus the 1TB HDD is perfect for casual gaming (I also assume you're not a collector, given that you're playing PS now)

antibolo

Banned
If you're buying a HDMI switch now I would recommend making sure it supports the latest HDMI and HDCP specs so you're future proof.

Personally I have a 5 input Monoprice switch and it works great with my 1080p TV right now but it's probably not going to cut it for 4K.

Elitist1945

Anyone had any issues with Gatorade recently? Every single bottle I've had lately has been filled to the rim and it spills everywhere when opened lmao.

They should just make 3/4 walls lined with Funko Pops, instead of the standard 2/4 walls.

You know I hadn't been to an eb since picking up my xbone so I thought all that funko wall shenanigans was BS. Then i go in for the double credit last month and there it was a literal wall of HUNDREDS of those moderately ugly lawn gnomes.

DEAL

Best Buy has Dishonored 2 Limited Edition for $50. It comes with Dishonored Definitive Edition, a comic, and you can pick a random gift for buying online.

http://bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10380438&lang=en-CA

Highly recommended because Dishonored 2 is a fantastic game.

"free gift with purchase"

Battlefield 1 Pin

Call of Duty "Zombies in Spaceland" T-Shirt

No Man's Sky Steelbook

They must have got a crap tonne of those steelbooks. A shame because the NMS one especially is quite nice.

Kyolux

This was my last game from E3 2015 (Had cancelled Nier, my gf is getting it for my bday though at the end of March).

I'm really curious if the gift certificate I had applied to the order in April last year will finally be applied. It's been glitched there since then and chat reps have been useless about it, saying each time it'd be applied to my next delivery, only for that not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom