• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Videotron Microplay just called me to confirm my Neon Switch, Pro controller and my Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition. They are doing the midnight release but she said they will start giving them out starting at 10:30pm so people dont go out past 12 for safety reasons.

Omg omg omg :) :) :)
That's very cool, I am a huge Microplay fan. I wish they had more stores around the country.

antibolo

Banned
I didn't even know Microplay still existed.

My local SuperClub Vidéotron shut down a while ago and I barely ever saw any others since.

Peterthumpa

So, the delivery address for my Switch is my company address. Some questions about Best Buy:

- do they provide a tracking number as soon as the item is shipped?
- I'm worried they won't be able to deliver it on Friday, do they try to deliver it on Saturdays? If so, I'll probably change it to my home address and take the day off based on the delivery estimate.

antibolo

Banned
So, the delivery address for my Switch is my company address. Some questions about Best Buy:

- do they provide a tracking number as soon as the item is shipped?
- I'm worried they won't be able to deliver it on Friday, do they try to deliver it on Saturdays? If so, I'll probably change it to my home address and take the day off based on the delivery estimate.

They use Canada Post which never ships on weekends outside of the holiday season.

I'm in the same situation and I'm not too worried myself, BB shipping never failed me in the past. And shipping at work is safer than shipping at home.

Kyolux

I didn't even know Microplay still existed.

My local SuperClub Vidéotron shut down a while ago and I barely ever saw any others since.

The videotron near my house is one. There's also one (that's not a Videotron) on Bank street in Ottawa. So that's 2 near me.

Peterthumpa

They use Canada Post which never ships on weekends outside of the holiday season.

I'm in the same situation and I'm not too worried myself, BB shipping never failed me in the past. And shipping at work is safer than shipping at home.

Awesome, good to hear. Do you think there's a good chance in getting the Switch on March 3rd? Pre-ordered in the same day the pre-orders went live, shipping estimate says "arrive as early as Mar 3".

NeoZylom

If anyone wants to cancel their Switch preorder on BestBuy, I'd like to get it. If you want to PM me before cancelling. BestBuy cancelled mine 2 days after preorder opening because of a Paypal bug :( Would be appreciated! Thanks a lot :)

Lexxism

Awesome, good to hear. Do you think there's a good chance in getting the Switch on March 3rd? Pre-ordered in the same day the pre-orders went live, shipping estimate says "arrive as early as Mar 3".
Yes. They are the most reliable retailer when it comes to launch consoles/games.

How long into the night can Canada Post ship something, and do they ship on Saturdays? I'm waiting on a mouse I ordered last Saturday and it says it's supposed to show up today but its last tracking scan was in a location that is hours away from where I live.

"Expedited shipping" my ass. :p

Kyolux

If I miss my delivery on Friday, can I pick it up on Saturday 1PM or whatever or do I have to wait until Monday?

It depends very much.

They could leave it at your door. They could drop it at the post office directly the same evening (this happened to me for Star Fox Zero). If not, likely have to wait t'il Monday though.

eyesradar

How long into the night can Canada Post ship something, and do they ship on Saturdays? I'm waiting on a mouse I ordered last Saturday and it says it's supposed to show up today but its last tracking scan was in a location that is hours away from where I live.

"Expedited shipping" my ass. :p

My experience (in my neighborhood) is that the courier style CP guys won't show up on weekends or holidays delivering parcels that requests a signature.

But I have many occasions that regular mail/parcels are delivered on weekends by my regular CP guy.

Kiro

Chance of Shovel Knight Switch Retail release? Every other platform has it for retail. Wondering if I should wait...

I kinda want to sell/return the switch after I finish zelda, is it a bad thing to do?

Well... In the end it's your money, so do whatever you want.

My advice is to either not get the Switch for only Zelda, or hang onto the Switch after you're done. Even if it's collecting dust for a while, I can almost guarantee, based on Nintendo's new structure, that you'll see more Zeldas on the Switch.

JRBechard

Thank you man :) I hope I will succeed :) How many tries did it take for you?
If you got all your info pre-entered you can get it first try easily if you're alert. Took me 4 tries, first time I just missed the paypal screen, second time i wasnt logged into paypal, third time i tried to select my credit card in the checkout process but that took too long (useless cuz you can do it later), fourth I just clicked through everything and it worked

Just discovered that my GameStop will not be doing a midnight launch for the Switch. Is this typical across Canada? Or is it just Winnipeg? Was really looking forward to pulling an all-nighter with Zelda!

Well... In the end it's your money, so do whatever you want.

My advice is to either not get the Switch for only Zelda, or hang onto the Switch after you're done. Even if it's collecting dust for a while, I can almost guarantee, based on Nintendo's new structure, that you'll see more Zeldas on the Switch.
Wii u just turned me off I guess. The last time I touched my wiiu was for xenobladex and that was a year ago. I bought the wiiu thinking I'd get more than one original mainline zelda games from it too...

Well, There is alway a option to buy the Wii U version (if you have a Wii U or find a cheap one) or buy Zelda Wii U make a backup and run on Cemu.
I've had the wiiu version preorder since announcement. But I'm tempted to keep the switch if it runs a lot better.

I dunno, do you think you're gonna want it in the future? Even if you get one next year it's probably not gonna be any cheaper so you might as well keep it.
I definitely want it for xenoblade2 but there might be a better deal on blackfriday...

Just discovered that my GameStop will not be doing a midnight launch for the Switch. Is this typical across Canada? Or is it just Winnipeg? Was really looking forward to pulling an all-nighter with Zelda!

No idea i know some in quebec here dont do em anymore because not allot of people show up.

I got mine from microplay and they are doing the midnight release well they are actually starting to give the system and things out at 10pm for security reasons.

So does changing the payment method and/or address on an Amazon order completely mess it up, or should I be fine?

Got a Switch pre-ordered for a friend but worried my card might not have a high enough limit for two systems.

So does changing the payment method and/or address on an Amazon order completely mess it up, or should I be fine?

Got a Switch pre-ordered for a friend but worried my card might not have a high enough limit for two systems.

Considering it is Amazon and its less than a week away until launch, I wouldn't change anything.

Lexxism

It shouldn't be a problem. You will usually receive an email stating to update your payment method. If you don't see one, then you are good.

I'll just say. RIP in peace since you ordered in Amazon.

tiijj

LMZmiNz.jpg

-_-

Wii u just turned me off I guess. The last time I touched my wiiu was for xenobladex and that was a year ago. I bought the wiiu thinking I'd get more than one original mainline zelda games from it too...

Interested as to why you would think that.

I love my Wii U to death, but even out of the gate, the console was not impressive and wasn't going to track a large market, hinting at a short lifespan. So that would have left it with one Zelda at best.

Here, we not only have a Zelda at launch (like with the Wii), but also a restructured Nintendo that can devote more resources to Switch projects.

This time, we'll have more than one Zelda :)

I got mine from microplay and they are doing the midnight release well they are actually starting to give the system and things out at 10pm for security reasons.

Lucky you! I'll wait the extra nine hours, but knowing that people like yourself will be playing it while I'm at home thinking about it will be torture haha

No midnight launches in Regina either :(

What a shame! No fun for us on the prairies, eh?!

NeoZylom

If you got all your info pre-entered you can get it first try easily if you're alert. Took me 4 tries, first time I just missed the paypal screen, second time i wasnt logged into paypal, third time i tried to select my credit card in the checkout process but that took too long (useless cuz you can do it later), fourth I just clicked through everything and it worked

Over the span of how many days?

Nicodemic

For those interested, I just pre-ordered a Switch with Zelda at a Microplay in Montreal (paid in full). Looks like they will have quite a lot for the launch and they're opening at midnight on thursday.

Considering it is Amazon and its less than a week away until launch, I wouldn't change anything.

It shouldn't be a problem. You will usually receive an email stating to update your payment method. If you don't see one, then you are good.

Hmm conflicted. I'll check with my bank then I'll decide whether or not to change it.

Oh and don't worry, I've got my own ordered from BestBuy. His is coming from Amazon.

Best Buy at Eaton Centre in Toronto now have their Switch video display up. I forgot to take photos, but it's a neat display with a small touch screen at the bottom left of the unit where you can pick from various hardware and gameplay trailers.

They had trailers of PuyoPuyo Tetris, Lego City Undercover, Ultra Street Fighter II, and Bomberman aside from the obvious ones.

Shame they neglected Disgaea 5 Complete. Why Nintendo, why? :(

1st-party ones included Splatoon 2, Zelda, Arms, MK8 Deluxe, 1-2-Switch.

They had also Skylanders Imaginators (with Crash and Cortex shown, smart!) and maybe Just Dance 2017?

I think that's all of them actually.

Stage On

So looks like the price on Atelier Firis got dropped from $79.99 to $69.99.

The way Amazon has implemented this though is to slash it off the list price though instead of actually decreasing it so the change isn't affecting my prime discount at all.

Really thinking of canceling my prime trial now after Story of Seasons ships since what use is it if you aren't actually getting 20% off the base price of a game if price drops.

Luigi87

Best Buy at Eaton Centre in Toronto now have their Switch video display up. I forgot to take photos, but it's a neat display with a small touch screen at the bottom left of the unit where you can pick from various hardware and gameplay trailers.

Yeah yesterday/today the displays were being setup around BBs at least (one I worked at got it installed last night). If only it were a system + demo display, lol

hiim_haz

Banned
This is the response I got from Amazon about my pre orders for the Switch, Zelda and Pro Controller. All of which I paid priority shipping with Prime.

The date on my account has always said March 7-8 for all three items. But, I also live five minutes away from the warehouse ... So I'd be bummed if I don't get it March 3rd.

So looks like the price on Atelier Firis got dropped from $79.99 to $69.99.

The way Amazon has implemented this though is to slash it off the list price though instead of actually decreasing it so the change isn't affecting my prime discount at all.

Really thinking of canceling my prime trial now after Story of Seasons ships since what use is it if you aren't actually getting 20% off the base price of a game if price drops.

Yeah that is kinda weird, you're only saving $6 with Prime. I guess free shipping is the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom