• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
This? This is just foreplay.

Next week?

Strap yourselves in! Oh baby!

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

iphys

Going by experience, when should stores be getting more Switches in stock? A couple weeks after launch? A month?

I heard the next restock might not be till April, although that kind of surprises me that they wouldn't be shipping them out continuously.

Going by experience, when should stores be getting more Switches in stock? A couple weeks after launch? A month?

It depends on if we fall into wii territory or wii U, switch is much more complicated to manufacture than either previous console so who knows it might be a whole new wave of unprecedented poor stock.

Palehorse

For anyone with shipping info not defined for BOTW SE yet, here's Amazon's take:

Next week is going to be the most glorious shipping thread ever.

Amazon: Thanks for waiting, Palehorse.
I've checked and see that this item is temporarily out of stock with us and that is the reason it doesn't have the shipping information. Once we get the stock for it, the shipping information will be displayed.
Me: Oh I see.
Amazon: As of now, we've already contacted the Suppliers for the stock and we're expecting the stock within 3-5 days.
Me: That's alarming
Amazon: In this case, once we get the stock I'll contact our shipping team and ask them to ship your package as soon as possible. Also, once shipped, I'll contact the carrier and ask them to deliver your package with first and best preference to make sure you'll get it as soon as possible. Will it be fine for you?
Also, I'll send an email update for you once we get the stock for it.
So, there is no need to be concerned about the delivery for this package.
Me: I see. The release date is March 3, what is the outlook for it arriving to me that day?
Amazon: Palehorse, this item is having an alert stated that this item is not eligible for release date delivery. Here are the alert:
1. Release day delivery: release day delivery is not eligible on this ASIN.
2. Limited supply: some ASINs, primarily the consoles, are extremely limited in supply. Not all customers will be able to purchase one on release day. See Nintendo Switch Release for further details.
Me: Ahh I see. Sounds like there's an issue with getting enough copies of the game.
Amazon: But this item will be shipped on release date and you'll get it with the Prime shipping speed.

Sealtest

At this point I'll never trust what a chat CS has 2 say. They're all very random and always have something different each time.

Would also like to point out I have 2 other orders that are still in stock without a shipping date.

SickBoy

Bestbuy is just a bad company. I bought an online gift card to cover the Switch pre-order (That I re-ordered after they cancelled my original) because they couldn't process my visa card, and they took money out of my account, saying my order couldn't be processed. Now I'm stuck until the morning to understand what happened. I'm so sick of Bestbuy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ended up going to best buy because their estimator was just more tempting than the values eb had on their promo site

Titanfall2, FFXV, Overwatch 40 each, Rise of the Tomb raider 30. Good, good

kevin1025

Banned
I hope everyone gets their Switch on time :)

I'll be knee deep in Horizon, Ghost Recon, and Mass Effect in March, but I'll join the Switch brigade once Mario Odyssey hits.

Also!

If anyone uses Atom Tickets, I've spotted some $5 off codes that work. On the checkout page there is a promo code box, just add one of those for $5 off the order. It is for specific movie promos, but they work for all movies: "SI3", and "ELITE". I snagged Logan and Kong: Skull Island IMAX tickets for basically regular ticket prices, so I'm happy.

I just went to fully pay my Switch at Microplay. I was number 3 to pre order the switch a long time ago today they told me my pre order was not garanteed because they might be receiving just 2 switch consoles ..... wow

Lizardus

Yep, its gonna be a shitshow.

Me: I have placed an order for Nintendo Switch and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition. Both of them release on March 3rd but the shipping estimates for them say that they will arrive between 8 to 10 March. As a Prime member, this is alarming and I don't feel like I am getting any benefits of being a Prime member.
You are now connected to Shailaja from Amazon.ca
Shailaja: Hello, my name is Shailaja. I'm here to help you today.
I totally understand your concern.
That you would like to get the item on the release date
Please allow me a moment while I check with my relevant team.
Me: Alright
Shailaja: Thank you for your patience,
AS I have checked with our team,I see that unfortunately the item is not eligible for release day delivery,that is the reason the delivery date has been changed
I’m really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Me: Yes but March 8-10 is 6 to 8 days after the release date, why is it so late?
Shailaja: I totally understand ,but delivery date is counted as the date the order ships out.
Me: so it will SHIP on March 8-10?
Shailaja: However please do not worry I have updated with our relevant team and informed them to deliver the order at the earlieta as possible.
The delivery date is Wednesday, March 8, 2017 -
The order is planned to ship on Monday, March 6, 2017
Me: Alright, thanks for your time
Shailaja: Thank you for understanding
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: no, thanks. Have a great day.
Shailaja: Thank you for contacting earth's most customer-centric company. It was a pleasure assisting you today! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Could you please click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window .
take care:)

I've had the left joycon "interrupt" as it's been discovered, happened once. I hope this isn't a hardware problem.

Also, disconnecting the straps from the joycon is a pain. You really need to work it to get it off and I've felt like I was going to break the controller as I had to get rough on it to seperate them.

Parapraxis

I've had the left joycon "interrupt" as it's been discovered, happened once. I hope this isn't a hardware problem.

Also, disconnecting the straps from the joycon is a pain. You really need to work it to get it off and I've felt like I was going to break the controller as I had to get rough on it to seperate them.

It sure seems like it would be hardware related to the internal receiver in the joycons. It effects both joycons too.

Lizardus

At least you have a botw se delivery date

For me, ever since the price was updated by Amazon to reflect prime, it's "we don't know..."

I'm feeling like I'm not going to get it now

No, this is what it says for me too:

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

The March 8-10 is for the console itself. I was afraid to ask for the date for Zelda.

Sealtest

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE who preordered the SE from amazon has no delivery date. Hopefully by next week that'll update. But who knows =/

SickBoy

I haven't read a ton of the Switch stuff today, because by the time I was conscious this morning, it was full-scale Left JoyCon furor.

But one of the sources I did read/see did suggest that the first few times connecting and disconnecting the straps they were finicky, but they did get better (and it seemed to be meant in a way that suggested that the plastic strap bit needed to be worked a little bit).

Parapraxis

I haven't read a ton of the Switch stuff today, because by the time I was conscious this morning, it was full-scale Left JoyCon furor.

But one of the sources I did read/see did suggest that the first few times connecting and disconnecting the straps they were finicky, but they did get better (and it seemed to be meant in a way that suggested that the plastic strap bit needed to be worked a little bit).

What does that mean?

It's gonna be a nightmare in here, lol. So happy I pre-ordered in store at EB Games for once instead of the usual Amazon pre-order.

agreed. Was debating who to use for my switch pre-order but decided on Bestbuy.ca. So glad I did, just checked my order and still shows as early as March 3 as delivery date.

Next week going to be one hell of a week on the ole GAF forum I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom