• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelogic

Well, it hasn't shipped for me yet. But things are looking good on my side. Do you have prime though? I had prime even back then.

Oh it's for Prime members? Nevermind then hahah. With free shipping on pre-orders I get it on release day 9 out of 10 times so I don't subscribe.

You'll have to call. Their website is trash.

think i'll just make a new order and cancel the old one, how do i get paypal to place nice with the gift card

so from what i read, its only charged the amount not covered by the gift cards? cause on paypal right now, its showing the full amount but that will update to the true price not covered by the gift cards?

Kiro

Whoa whoa whoa. Snipperclips launch title and hopefully joycon bundle for NA?! If you guys see this pop up somewhere please post it! Thanks

Trogdor1123

Anyone know how the IKEA malm recall works? They just grabbed our 3 a few days ago but didn't tell us how much we were getting back which was odd imo.

tsundoku

Whoa whoa whoa. Snipperclips launch title and hopefully joycon bundle for NA?! If you guys see this pop up somewhere please post it! Thanks

From the thread for this it seemed like a trick by NOE to sell through the unshockingly less popular left-red right-blue joycon pair in a market that has trouble with sellthru on attachments

its apparently a box of left-red and right-blue joycons with the grey grips completely standard with a snipperclips download code

Haines

Banned
I still haven't called Amazon to get my wiiu e3 order of Zelda changed to switch.

I just have a feeling I'll be disappointed so I can't muster up the courage lol

Is it normal for Amazon free shipping to bundle two items releasing a month apart into the same delivery? Like, I have Zelda (early March) and Persona 5 (early April) seemingly shipping in April together for some reason. Not sure if it's a display bug or just free shipping screwing me. (I got it during the E3 promotion so I'm hesitant to mess with the order at all.)

I guess I should phone Amazon.

Kiro

From the thread for this it seemed like a trick by NOE to sell through the unshockingly less popular left-red right-blue joycon pair in a market that has trouble with sellthru on attachments

its apparently a box of left-red and right-blue joycons with the grey grips completely standard with a snipperclips download code

Ahh okay. Well launch title is still awesome!

Kyolux

Wow, Tokyo Xanadu eX Plus Limited Edition (PS4) is up for pre-order @ Amazon.ca. $199.99 regular, $40 off with Prime, pricey!

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01NASW99J/022748-20/

Thanks for the heads-up. I was searching for the PS4 version of this when I found Ys VIII was finally up this week.

Poor x-seed. :/

lol. Hope that sucker gets stuck with it or end up selling it at a loss.

Cactus

Banned
think i'll just make a new order and cancel the old one, how do i get paypal to place nice with the gift card

so from what i read, its only charged the amount not covered by the gift cards? cause on paypal right now, its showing the full amount but that will update to the true price not covered by the gift cards?

Can't help you there, unfortunately. I've never used Paypal to pay for a Best Buy order.

Kyolux

Or just returns it to the store.....

never underestimate the desperation of people who want something shiny and can't buy it right away.

Oh I know.. it's just wishful thinking.

big_1471916634_1389169815_image.jpg

Kyolux

God, why is everything coming out next week. I really really want to play Zelda asap. But Horizon is going to be so pretty to look at on my new tv. And the more I see of the latter the better it looks. What to do?

A 4 day week-end won't be enough!

Quit making sense. There's no place for that in this thread.

Aww c'mon! I just didn't think of that option. And I was just wishing the worse outcome possible to people preventing others of getting a new console (which I'm honestly not that interested in, for now) at launch.

Is it normal for Amazon free shipping to bundle two items releasing a month apart into the same delivery? Like, I have Zelda (early March) and Persona 5 (early April) seemingly shipping in April together for some reason. Not sure if it's a display bug or just free shipping screwing me. (I got it during the E3 promotion so I'm hesitant to mess with the order at all.)

I guess I should phone Amazon.

I've had an order get "stuck" before. CS had to change it manually to "ship item immediately when available " ie dont group shipment together. Didn't charge me extra for it :)

eyesradar

Whats the best bang for the bucks SD card for the Switch? Remember seeing the SD card talks earlier but can't seem to find it.
I'm thinking 128g or 200g for now.

Thanks!

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
Maybe a little off-topic, but I'm curious where people think my best bet would be for getting a walk-in Switch at a midnight release/on launch day? I recently changed my mind on wanting one at launch, and didn't snag a pre-order when they were still up. I'm in Winnipeg if that helps/people have any experience with finding new consoles at launch here.

Maybe a little off-topic, but I'm curious where people think my best bet would be for getting a walk-in Switch at a midnight release/on launch day? I recently changed my mind on wanting one at launch, and didn't snag a pre-order when they were still up. I'm in Winnipeg if that helps/people have any experience with finding new consoles at launch here.

Probably wait outside your nearest Walmart.

Lexxism

Whats the best bang for the bucks SD card for the Switch? Remember seeing the SD card talks earlier but can't seem to find it.
I'm thinking 128g or 200g for now.

Thanks!
Lexar has the 128gb from Amazon for 49.99. I think that's the cheapest I have seen. 200gb was over 95 last time I saw.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
God, why is everything coming out next week. I really really want to play Zelda asap. But Horizon is going to be so pretty to look at on my new tv. And the more I see of the latter the better it looks. What to do?

Aww c'mon! I just didn't think of that option. And I was just wishing the worse outcome possible to people preventing others of getting a new console (which I'm honestly not that interested in, for now) at launch.

You don't have to buy everything right away.

*says the guy who got Nioh, Horizon and Nier release day even though Im deep in FFXV*

eyesradar

Lexar has the 128gb from Amazon for 49.99. I think that's the cheapest I have seen. 200gb was over 95 last time I saw.

Thanks for the headsup. Thinking holding a bit on the card till there's a decent sale... Zelda would prolly be the only major game I'll play on the NS for a while it seems.

antibolo

Banned

On a related note, if you were planning to get Nier Automata, you can buy it on the Asian PSN right now, so you can start playing it this weekend, instead of in two weeks after everything else has already released.

For the Wii, me and a buddy waited outside a superstore (after confirming they were getting some)

kennah

Wait outside the Walmart in portage la prairie or Flin Flon.

Kyolux

You don't have to buy everything right away.

*says the guy who got Nioh, Horizon and Nier release day even though Im deep in FFXV*

I know.. this would be the logical thing to do... if it wasn't all the discounts I was getting.

Horizon for $50 (e3 2015) (also couldn't cancel it and wait for discount because I had my friend's copy ordered along with it and it was too much of a pain to get it split), Zelda BotW U for $45 (BB e3 2014) and Torment for $22 (prime discount glitch + that $5 from the RE7 order problems I got even though I had cancelled my order).

On a related note, if you were planning to get Nier Automata, you can buy it on the Asian PSN right now, so you can start playing it this weekend, instead of in two weeks after everything else has already released.

Nier I'm getting for my birthday at the end of march. My gf is gonna be pissed if I buy it early. Her #1 complain is that I always buy what I want right away so she can't buy me anything as a present.

Kyolux

dear lord, I would be all in if I saw $200 worth of content but I don't think I do. Someone convince me otherwise if I'm missing something.

Well base game is $65

- Soundtrack $10
- 60 page artbook $15
- 9-Inch Deluxe White Shroud Statue $50
- Blade Card Game Deck $10 (no actual idea wtf this is)

So yeah that adds up to $150 worth if we're being generous.

So I'd pass. Especially considering how niche this is.

Well base game is $65

- Soundtrack $10
- 60 page artbook $15

That's pretty much what I'm seeing. Not sure whether that statue is worth a damn in the grand scheme of things and that card game deck is pretty much nonsensical to me at this point. I might try to nab it on clearance if it gets there but this is faaaaar from a $200 level package.

Kyolux

That's pretty much what I'm seeing. Not sure whether that statue is worth a damn in the grand scheme of things and that card game deck is pretty much nonsensical to me at this point. I might try to nab it on clearance if it gets there but this is faaaaar from a $200 level package.

Oh yeah.. My amounts were guesstimates more about how much you'd see those sold standalones. Not what they're worth.

Well base game is $65

- Soundtrack $10
- 60 page artbook $15

The Blade Card Deck is actually something also from.... Trails of Cold Steel. So they're angling for the Cold Steel money here too, I guess.

Videotron Microplay just called me to confirm my Neon Switch, Pro controller and my Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition. They are doing the midnight release but she said they will start giving them out starting at 10:30pm so people dont go out past 12 for safety reasons.

Omg omg omg :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom