• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

keakster

Anyone still looking for a BotW Special Edition?

I have an extra pre-order at an EB store that I will be canceling on Friday if BestBuy comes through with same day delivery, but if someone here wants one I can pick it up and sell at cost. PM me if interested!

edit: pick up is in Toronto but willing to ship at cost

Just put some money on my MasterCard to pay for the Switch & MLB at bat....I cannot wait for Friday.

Some may think I'm nuts but I rather pay for stuff on my credit card as soon as I can rather than wait for the end of the month.

Just put some money on my MasterCard to pay for the Switch & MLB at bat....I cannot wait for Friday.

Some may think I'm nuts but I rather pay for stuff on my credit card as soon as I can rather than wait for the end of the month.
that's not nuts at all. I do the same for 99% of my purchases. To me my credit card is just an extension of my debit card. As soon as I spend it I pay it off. Worst case scenario I wait till the next paycheck.

JDH

Wheee! Got a Best Buy Switch order using the method posted by JRBechard (thanks man!) and was wondering how long it takes to get a confirmation email from Best Buy?

Also i'll be cancelling my Switch order @ The Source (not sure if the restocking thing works the same) but just thought I would let you guys know in case it does.

zroid

Banned
Snipperclips $28.19, good lord

prices for eShop exclusive games are unconscionable these days

at least retail games have theirs reined in a little bit. If Zelda were eShop exclusive it would cost $85

BaconHat

Ugh for fuck's sake

I don't want to have to create a separate US account to buy games. That would be lame as fuck.

Someone earlier in this thread talked about buying Amazon US digital codes since they worked US/CAD for the WII U/3DS. I guess if you have a US forwarding address, this could be a possible avenue.

JDH

So totally forgot about an order with Play-Asia, and realized I never received it. Checking the tracking it looks like it arrived in Canada, but obviously Canada Post fucked up afterwards (and don't allow tracking from Asia)

Anyone ever come across this, and if so, how did Play-Asia handle it?

i just emailed support, but wanted to hear others experiences.

I've had an order get "stuck" before. CS had to change it manually to "ship item immediately when available " ie dont group shipment together. Didn't charge me extra for it :)

this is the problem. thanks!

and i already phoned CS and didnt even notice... should have paid closer attention to your post!

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
I've never ordered online from Best Buy before. My Switch pre-order delivery is still listed as "Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 31." How likely is it that I will receive it for launch?

I'm in Montreal btw.

So I have a Switch preorder from Amazon.ca, but a friend of mine doesn't and is looking to try brick-and-mortar stores on launch day.

What would be his best bet? Does Walmart receive an allocation beyond just their preorders? Is any place selling without pre-orders? He would be lining at the door before they open.

So I have a Switch preorder from Amazon.ca, but a friend of mine doesn't and is looking to try brick-and-mortar stores on launch day.

What would be his best bet? Does Walmart receive an allocation beyond just their preorders? Is any place selling without pre-orders? He would be lining at the door before they open.

It's going to be a bit of a shit show no matter what.

It's say waiting in line at best buy over night might be the best bet. Hopefully we learn more about allocation numbers for walk ins this week.

tiijj

Wrong one :) http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whats...ether-launches-for-nintendo-switch-on-march-3

The Canadian side of Nintendo.com is rough to say the least. :p

So rough that they get their own links wrong apparently.

Their confusion confused everyone LOL.

Nintendo Canada right now.
QzSST5s.jpg

The way Nintendo Canada's pricing right now, it might be best to just use Nintendo US if you're going digital, it should be cheaper in the long run, they tend to use the highest estimate exchange rate.

zroid

Banned
I've never ordered online from Best Buy before. My Switch pre-order delivery is still listed as "Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 31." How likely is it that I will receive it for launch?

I'm in Montreal btw.

i'd say 50/50 it will arrive on Friday. Otherwise Monday.

there's a chance Best Buy will make a special effort to get them shipped out for launch day delivery since it's a big release, but who knows

Kyuur

The Snipperclips price isn't too bad -- it'd be nice if we had price parity but we all know those days are long gone. From some of your comments I'd think it was $40 or something!

Called Toys R Us to check up on my pre-order. Doesn't seem like they have the stock in yet or any sort of midnight launch plan, so I'll be going in Friday morning. Feels like ages since I've done this -- all of my games this gen have been bought digitally and I'm pretty sure I just waltzed into EB Games and bought a WiiU without preorder Day 1.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I finally got lucky and managed to reserve the space black 42mm at Best Buy and just today I also found this crazy good-looking leather strap for it, problem is the traditional model is not in stock ;_;
Anyone know any other sources for high quality watch bands?

Modern-42mm-Black.png

thisbeard

Hey Canada, would anyone have tips in regards to the best price for a PS4 Pro right now? I have a PS4 which I would be willing to trade in to EB games or whatever... I just want to keep my PT! Seems best I could find was still near 499$ w/ tax... Cheers!

I actually just found a local store who will do a 160$ trade in for an old PS4 but I'm worried about doing this since my PS4 sometimes has the continuous eject error... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

NeoZylom

I got a Switch from Microplay :) They still had plenty available for preorder (there were 6 left at mine). If you are in Quebec, call yours!!

Lexxism

No. Credit card has been my everyday used card. I only use cash when I'm going for a haircut. Plus, there's no benefit using debit or cash over credit anyway.

did anyone else's tekken 7 e3 discount get all messed up? i think when they updated the game with the release date/cover/day 1 edition stuff it reset my game back to 79.99, and now amazon is giving me a hard time to get my damn discount back. check your orders people

Fularu

Banned
Any details on how to do this? How shady a tactic is this?

Nothing shady about it.

Just find a Delaware address (use a federal building or something), add it to your US amazon account (it should be linked to your Canadian one anyway) and order your digital games, you'll get the codes.

Amazon Tony was the one telling us to do it that way.

Ondore

So I'll be in the market for a Vita in about a month. Does Amazon JP still stock them and ship them to Canada? Because .ca sure as hell doesn't.

It's going to be a bit of a shit show no matter what.

It's say waiting in line at best buy over night might be the best bet. Hopefully we learn more about allocation numbers for walk ins this week.

If he is willing to get up early, another option is to pick a store in a small town (less population)...particularly if it has a 24 hour store.

nschizo

I think is a generic response by Amazon (I preorder switch, zelda and pro controller using priority shipping) but I copy their answer:

Hello,

I understand your concern about the orders you've mentioned.

As you are a prime member, you are eligible for release date delivery and you will receive the item on the release date.

The Delivery estimate is just a rough estimate and as soon as we receive the item from our suppliers we will ship the item on the release date.

On Priority I've contacted the shipping department and instructed them to deliver the item as promised.

We'll send you an e-mail to let you know when the order is shipped.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
-------

According to this, I expect that preorder should be delivery on Monday 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom