• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything courtesy of the EB double trade in deal. Otherwise no way I would pay this much with persona 5 coming, and a nioh, yakuza, nier automata backlog (for under $300).

Happy to hear zelda is not like zelda, heh, ultra challenging, and very long.

Switch $400
Hori tough pouch $23
Zelda $80
Hori screen protector $13
Pro controller $90 (gross)

Zelda should last until Mario odyssey shows up, right?

veras

What capacity are you looking for? Are you in rush to get one? 128gb is ranging around $50-65 right now while 200gb is over $100+.

If you are not planning to go digital day 1, just hold off for now when the prices comes down. It's definitely expensive especially those over 200gb.

Probably on the larger side so I don't have to worry about replacing it later? I ordered Zelda physical because of the Prime discount, but will probably buy most other things down the line digital, but I guess with the first year being relatively slow I probably don't need it right away if prices will fall within a few months

LordOfChaos

I see a few of you are buying 128gig SD cards. Why? I haven't read many switch previews...is there something requring storage right away?

If you're all physical you don't need it yet. If you want some digital titles it'll fill up fast. We'll see in time, but only one game (BotW) ever required an install on the Wii U, so I wonder if it would be similar for the switch.

SD card price per dollars obviously improve greatly year over year, so if you don't need it at launch you an always wait it out and get an even better one later.

If you're all physical you don't need it yet. If you want some digital titles it'll fill up fast. We'll see in time, but only one game (BotW) ever required an install on the Wii U, so I wonder if it would be similar for the switch.

SD card price per dollars obviously improve greatly year over year, so if you don't need it at launch you an always wait it out and get an even better one later.

Ah, thank you!

Excellent point about SD card pricing too. Patience is key.

Does anyone have a delivery estimate for Breath of the Wild Wii U?

398033aa78.png

As I have priority shipping added, it shows March 7-8th delivery. I contacted Amazon regarding the delivery times of Switch and Zelda, here's the response:

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that the estimated delivery of your pre-order for the game "Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda" is later than the release date. I'll look into this for you.

I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.ca, and see that "Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda" is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery. That is the reason why the estimated delivery date for this item is at a later date.

I really apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

I'd like to tell you that, we only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. However, we're doing everything that this possible to get more stock from our suppliers so that we'll be able to ship the game on time.

Moreover, it is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.

I'll personally create a follow-up with this order and In case, if the item becomes eligible for release date delivery, I'll upgrade the shipping method for this order at no additional charge, so that you receive the package on time.

jokkir

As I have priority shipping added, it shows March 7-8th delivery. I contacted Amazon regarding the delivery times of Switch and Zelda, here's the response:

I guess I'm buying the game in store and just buy 1-2 Switch on Amazon :(

Oh, and my total for stuff is:

Switch - $452
Zelda - $55 (from BB gift card)
1-2 Switch - $65

I already have a 64GB card that I plan to use unless it's broken by the time I use it.

I forgot Starter Kit from EB - $30

Muras

Neo Member

398033aa78.png

Yup, same. Interesting that you have a gift option while I only have the option to buy it again:

why_amazon.png

I pre-ordered it back on June 18th 2015 though, when we didn't know it's subtitle. Not sure if it means much, but it seems we have two different "entries" pre-ordered. It's still very frustrating not knowing when it'll come. I went and pre-ordered it at Toys R Us the other day as a backup plan (They told me I'm the only one who has a pre-order for the Wii U version at that particular store too apparently?) because Amazon can't give a proper answer about it's delivery. The local EB Games and Best Buy were sold out on their pre-orders, and the EB Games employee even told me they weren't getting enough Wii U copies to cover their current pre-orders too. It really feels like Nintendo isn't even trying to meet Wii U demand.

I'd still prefer to get the Amazon one though since I have a -30% discount applied to it... Really hoping it all works out in the end.

Luigi87

Nintendo Switch - $452
Zelda SE: $117.51 ~ $146.89 (assuming I get my Amazon order, than the former)
Zelda CE Guide - $28.97 (maybe)
Hori Stand - $19.20
Hori Screen Protector - $14.68

Roughly $632.28 ~ $661.74.
I already paid off the Switch though.

I cancelled all my Amiibo. I import enough figures from Japan, I don't need them.

Lexxism

Probably on the larger side so I don't have to worry about replacing it later? I ordered Zelda physical because of the Prime discount, but will probably buy most other things down the line digital, but I guess with the first year being relatively slow I probably don't need it right away if prices will fall within a few months
If you don't need it day 1 then I advice not to get it now. Just wait when the prices are down or by the time you will need it.

BaconHat

2 Nintendo Switch - $920 (One for my friend)
Zelda SE: $119.56
Pro controller $0 used EB games Credit
Controller charging station $0 used EB games Credit
Bomber-Man $65
3 Amiibo $60

I'll maybe add a eshop copy of shovel knight to the list, still not sure considering how much it's all costing me.

CazTGG

Have there been any recent deals for a 128GB (or greater capacity) micro SD card? I've been looking for one since the Switch is coming out soon and, in all likelihood, i'll be downloading a substantial amount of games in the coming months.

398033aa78.png

This is what it's showing me:

Admittedly, I tend to get my items sooner than Amazon suggests but who knows what will happen this time...

UberTag

So I have a Switch preorder from Amazon.ca, but a friend of mine doesn't and is looking to try brick-and-mortar stores on launch day.

What would be his best bet? Does Walmart receive an allocation beyond just their preorders? Is any place selling without pre-orders? He would be lining at the door before they open.
I asked my local Shoppers Drug Mart store about the Switch as they still carry a full spread of Nintendo systems/software and haven't gutted their electronics department. They seemed optimistic they'd be receiving stock. They took the time to ask the rep that's in contact with their suppliers and provided me with the precise launch date next week (not the other way around; I didn't volunteer that detail - they provided it).

Advised to call back on Thursday to get more specifics... but this may be something to keep in the back of your head for Friday in case you don't want to trek to a Walmart.

terrible

Banned
Speaking of shipping I forgot all about the Zelda Arts and Artifacts book. Amazon did too, it isn't even preparing for shipment yet haha.

nordique

Switch - $400 - $308 Trade In Bonuses
Zelda - $80 - $80 in Trade In Bonuses
---
$92+tax

And I sold my Wii U for $200 so not bad. Kinda want the Pro Controller but $100 jesus.

200$ eh? Not bad at all! That's pretty good if you ask me.

I should see how much I can get mine for. The EB deal might not work out for me.

I am in 0 rush to get a Switch, but I would rather take advantage of these nice trade in promo's they currently have

Sora_N

Bhanavara: Thank you so much for staying connected Sora_N
I'm sorry we are unable to change the address as it is pre order.
In this case, I can suggest you to cancel the order and place a new order, will that help?

And they won't let me reorder and keep my discount.

398033aa78.png

I have the same thing. Ordered it this past June, during E3.

Random side question but I got the free two-day shipping option as part of my Prime subscription. Would they honour that if I'm no longer a Prime member? Feeling like they might not but I hope they would...

So I haven't purchased a boxed PC EA game since the Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3 in 2014, so I had no idea they stopped including discs.

Now I don't really have any incentive to keep my 30% off Amazon preorder if I can find a better deal for Andromeda somewhere else. So where's the cheapest, legit place for Canadians to preorder Mass Effect Andromeda on PC, cdkeys.com?

Sooo.... I think I may have scored a Switch pre-order on Best Buy, but haven't received the confirmation email yet.

Am I screwed? :<

Edit: Nvm, I'm in!! :D

Sometimes that happens. Did you record the Order Number? It's still entered in the system though

LOL nevermind, congrats!

Thanks! It's not easy getting an order in... had to use an auto-refresher on my browser and pre-load shipping info and cc info into the site.

For anyone still trying, I used the Check4Change extension on Firefox. It's handy for these kinds of things

So I haven't purchased a boxed PC EA game since the Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3 in 2014, so I had no idea they stopped including discs.

Now I don't really have any incentive to keep my 30% off Amazon preorder if I can find a better deal for Andromeda somewhere else. So where's the cheapest, legit place for Canadians to preorder Mass Effect Andromeda on PC, cdkeys.com?

Cdkeys is your best bet but like most of the time price will go up closer to release.

Jashobeam

Seems to be some game sale going on at bestbuy, like $5-$10 off a bunch of games including Nintendo games that don't usually go on sale.

DOATag

Neo Member
I have the same thing. Ordered it this past June, during E3.

Random side question but I got the free two-day shipping option as part of my Prime subscription. Would they honour that if I'm no longer a Prime member? Feeling like they might not but I hope they would...

Mine says Dec 29th 2017....getting a little worried here

Blackdiemond

Neo Member
With everyone listing their total prices for their switch purchases, I see no one is listing/buying a warranty. Is getting a warranty from EB games a stupid decision? Just thought with the portability of the system getting a warranty would be worth the money.

Lexxism

With everyone listing their total prices for their switch purchases, I see no one is listing/buying a warranty. Is getting a warranty from EB games a stupid decision? Just thought with the portability of the system getting a warranty would be worth the money.
Warranty is a scam.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Horizon still says "being shipped soon".
Mofos.

By the way, does anyone know any craft/gift shops or places that sell things like pins or brooches, but non-luxury jewellery?
Like a tulip pin or a ladybird, Spring-themed stuff.

Sealtest

Most of the time it isn't needed. Most credit cards offer an extended warranty when you use them to purchase stuff.

kaiyo

My Horizon still says "being shipped soon".
Mofos.

By the way, does anyone know any craft/gift shops or places that sell things like pins or brooches, but non-luxury jewellery?
Like a tulip pin or a ladybird, Spring-themed stuff.

you expect them to ship it on a sunday? when no courier would be picking it up today? lol

Anyone else's switch preorder not showing up on their account on bestbuy.ca? I keep getting emails from them confirming that i have my preorder through them.

398033aa78.png

Mine is the same, no estimate. (not the price, though!)

When I spoke to them over the phone the call center guy seemed to imply that they didn't know when they were getting it, and didn't know how many they were getting. But again, that's a call center guy so he was probably just trying to satiate me by saying whatever.

Amazon's CS-over-the-phone people are super vague when it comes to any kind of fact or concrete information, I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom