• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Goddamit those Zelda gifs I'm seeing. Stop tempting me!

$400 Switch
$80 Zelda
$90 Pro Controller
$60 128GB SD Card
-------------------------
$630 before taxes

BradWardFight

Neo Member
My checklist

Neon Switch - $400
Warranty - $50
Travel Case - $25
Charge Grip - $40
Pro Controller - $90
Zelda - $80
Snipper Clips - $28
USB C Cable - $20
Tablet Brick - $20
Portable Battery - $40
$872.30 w/ Tax

and I still want to get Bomberman and 12 Switch down the road.

Fularu

Banned
My checklist

Neon Switch - $400
Warranty - $50
Travel Case - $25
Charge Grip - $40
Pro Controller - $90
Zelda - $80
Snipper Clips - $28
USB C Cable - $20
Tablet Brick - $20
Portable Battery - $40
$872.30 w/ Tax

Are we doing lists? :p

Gray Switch (400)
1-2 switch (52)
Bomberman (52)
Zelda SE (if Amazon doesn'T screw me) (104)
Pro controller (90)
Fast from the eshop (?)

So about 700$ plus taxes

ruvcan

My checklist

Neon Switch - $400
Warranty - $50
Travel Case - $25
Charge Grip - $40
Pro Controller - $90
Zelda - $80
Snipper Clips - $28
USB C Cable - $20
Tablet Brick - $20
Portable Battery - $40
$872.30 w/ Tax

You know that you have a USB-C cable coming with the Pro Controller right?

hiim_haz

Banned
I guess I might as well add mine to this too.

Switch - $456.50
BotW - $76.82
Snipperclips - $31.85
Switch Pro Controller - $106.20
SanDisk 128GB MicroSD - $62.69
Switch Carrying Case - $32.75

Grand total of $766.81. lol.

Luckily, I already have an existing Anker PowerBank for my phone and I have a few USB-A to USB-C cables; which should cause no issue charging with the Switch.

Neon Switch - $395 (GC was not expired)
BOTW SE - $130
Pro Controller - $90
Whenever Amazon decides to deliver these:
1, 2 Switch - $55
Bomberman R - $55
Guardian Amiibo- $13
-------------
$738 oops
Memory card can wait along with any digital games (Shovel knight, snipperclips)

Sealtest

EB Games -
$451 CAD - Switch Console
$90.39 CAD - Zelda so I can play day 1.
$19.20 CAD - Hori Playstand
$28.24 CAD - Hori Premium Screen Protector
$101.69 CAD - Pro Controller

Amazon -
$99.38 CAD - All BOTW Amiibo
$117.51 CAD - Zelda Special Edition

Walmart -
$146.85 CAD - Zelda Special Edition ( Meant as a back up will sell to friend if Amazon's actually ships )

Futureshop RIP
$16 or $17 CAD - Zelda WII U ( CS gave me $50 credit on an order because of an issue I had with a return )

tiijj

Me too

Nintendo Switch = $400
Zelda Botw = $72
MicroSD = $50
Getting it from Amazon.ca on release day = Priceless
----------------
There are somethings money can't buy but for everything else the total is = $522+tax

For everyone who has express shipping for their Switch from Amazon.ca, if you contact customer service chat and inquire about whether or not it's possible to receive it on launch day, they'll offer to upgrade your whole order to Priority shipping for free. Or at least they did for me!

Went from March 8-10 delivery date to guaranteed March 7th or earlier.

Ventara

The cost of the Switch really does add up quick. I've got about $500 worth of preorders at EB that I plan to keep pushing back until the holidays, at which point I'm hoping there's a decent bundle which I will switch to and get Mario.

Me too

Nintendo Switch = $400
Zelda Botw = $72
MicroSD = $50
Getting it from Amazon.ca on release day = Priceless
----------------
There are somethings money can't buy but for everything else the total is = $522+tax

How are you getting it release day from Amazon? I'm in Toronto on fastest shipping possible and looking at March 7th. Do they prioritize based on the order they received pre-orders?

tiijj

How are you getting it release day from Amazon? I'm in Toronto on fastest shipping possible and looking at March 7th. Do they prioritize based on the order they received pre-orders?

Just wishful thinking LOL, waiting for an email this week to see if amazon will offer release day delivery, thre are some "communications" with some people here that amazon might dispatch it early for a release day delivery, it's a possibility but it's in the range of possible to highly unlikely. This is for plan A, plan B is mixed BB (switch) and amazon (zelda) which is pricier and tedious, do what most gaf will do (buy then return to another store). Plan C is the same as A but without confirmation for a release day delivery, estimate is next week but with this I can alter some things like case and screen protector added in, I really need to finalize this soon LOL

For everyone who has express shipping for their Switch from Amazon.ca, if you contact customer service chat and inquire about whether or not it's possible to receive it on launch day, they'll offer to upgrade your whole order to Priority shipping for free. Or at least they did for me!

Went from March 8-10 delivery date to guaranteed March 7th or earlier.
Thanks for the heads up, they upped both BOTW and Torment ToN to priority.

hiim_haz

Banned
When I contacted them earlier they actually told me the date on my order was wrong and I'd get it March 3rd. Currently my orders all say March 7-8.

trixx

Switch 200 (-150 for wii u games+$50 downpayment)
Zelda Wii U 45
Bomberman 70

That's all folks. Most likely cancelling special edition version of zelda

Pro controller for $100.. pukes. Yeah I'm cancelling the special edition. Costs too much

hiim_haz

Banned
Switch 200 (-150 for wii u games+$50 downpayment)
Zelda Wii U 45
Bomberman 70

That's all folks. Most likely cancelling special edition version of zelda

Pro controller for $100.. pukes. Yeah I'm cancelling the special edition. Costs too much

It is a lot of money for a controller, but I've become used to this crap. When I bought my XBO I ended up buying another controller and play and charge kits as well.

trixx

It is a lot of money for a controller, but I've become used to this crap. When I bought my XBO I ended up buying another controller and play and charge kits as well.

thats true. I had to get xbo controller during holiday sales cause of price. Kinda wish the Switch pro had headphone jack and analog triggers. Would be good to go

No_Style

At least X1 controllers will go on sale regularly -- it's $55.99 ($19 off) @ Amazon.ca right now. I've only ever saw the Wii U Pro Controller go on sale once for like $6-8 off.

Harusame

Day One:
~ Nintendo Switch - $400
~ Zelda BOTW SE - $130
~ Zelda BOTW Amiibos (x5) - $118
~ 200 GB Micro SD - $99

Down the road I will consider getting a pro controller and the travel case that is packaged with the screen protector. Since I have to go to my clinical practice during the morning launch of the Switch, the staff at my local Ebgames said they were going to personally hand select my amiibo the morning before opening.

Oh boy

Switch - $400
Zelda SE - $130
Pro Controller - $100
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - $25 (for now)
FAST RMX - $20 usd
Official carrying case - $25
200gb micro sd - $104
USB c cable - $13
Wolf link amiibo - $22
Guardian - $27
Zelda - $22
Archer link - $22
Strategy guide -$25

= zomg

Mimosa97

Hey Canada, would anyone have tips in regards to the best price for a PS4 Pro right now? I have a PS4 which I would be willing to trade in to EB games or whatever... I just want to keep my PT! Seems best I could find was still near 499$ w/ tax... Cheers!

I actually just found a local store who will do a 160$ trade in for an old PS4 but I'm worried about doing this since my PS4 sometimes has the continuous eject error... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I sold my old PS4 for 255$ on Kijiji and bought the pro at SDM during a 20x points today and got like 180$ back in points.

Lizardus

wew, $902 for me,
not including an extra Switch I ordered from BB as a backup which I will most likely cancel.

It'll be worth it.

diaspora

Without discounts/trade-ins:
Switch- $400
Zelda: $80
= $480

With discounts/trade-ins:
Switch- $300
Zelda: $64
= $364

I can swing it.

Just put some money on my MasterCard to pay for the Switch & MLB at bat....I cannot wait for Friday.

Some may think I'm nuts but I rather pay for stuff on my credit card as soon as I can rather than wait for the end of the month.

Isn't it better to keep your money gaining interest for as long as possible?

sikkinixx

RFD has a small thread saying RB is doing bonus trade in towards Switch stuff starting on the 27th.
Wonder if it's true? I could use it to hammer some towards my Zelda pre order.

Toys R Us at Dufferin Mall in Toronto has a Switch display, I've brought pics! :D

img_20170225_17472568kcx8g.jpg

img_20170225_17464810evxuc.jpg

img_20170225_17461666usax1.jpg

He probably meant waiting for your billing statement first before paying anything. Paying the balance immediately won't be reported and you won't gain any credit score on it.

thanks for the clarification. Didn't know about the last part, which kinda sucks. However, after having my credit card kinda high in the past and becoming a pain in the ass to pay off, I tend to pay off my credit card as soon as I can.

I was budgeting to pay off the switch & MLB.tv subscription in the first payday in March, but decided to just put money on it now.

Lexxism

What's a good SD card for the Switch that I can order online right now?
What capacity are you looking for? Are you in rush to get one? 128gb is ranging around $50-65 right now while 200gb is over $100+.

If you are not planning to go digital day 1, just hold off for now when the prices comes down. It's definitely expensive especially those over 200gb.

Aonuma

When I contacted them earlier they actually told me the date on my order was wrong and I'd get it March 3rd. Currently my orders all say March 7-8.

Yes, that's what I was told as well. We'll see. If they miss it, then I'll go back to only ordering things that I don't absolutely want day one.

Firestorm

Switch - $400 - $308 Trade In Bonuses
Zelda - $80 - $80 in Trade In Bonuses
---
$92+tax

And I sold my Wii U for $200 so not bad. Kinda want the Pro Controller but $100 jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom