• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskuatch

I was on the fence about a switch so I didn't pre-order. now my only option is to go to walmart at 6 am Friday and hope not many people are lined up....I bought my ps4 on launch day by just walking into wal-mart....but Sony knows how to stock better.

LowRoller

I just asked my friend and his best buy order says arriving march 3rd. Really hope some of us aren't getting a second shipment on 31st.
Edit: Nvm found a explanation on reddit . Should arrive on 3rd.

LowRoller

Care to share the link? I'm in the same boat as you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5pqrne/anyone_elses_bestbuy_preorders_say_that_the/

"When preorders went up initially, they set a placeholder for the release date which was March 31st. After the neon version went up for preorder on the Canadian site, they changed the release date to March 3rd.
So if you ordered 6am when the initial grey preorders came up it'll say March 31st. If you ordered later it'll say March 3rd.
This shouldn't affect shipping dates in any way, both should still be delivered around launch."

Makes sense to me.

saskuatch

called the nearest walmart to me since I didn't pre-order, they say they are getting 32 units which is more than I thought and they will hand out tickets at 5 am on launch day first come first serve.

called the nearest walmart to me since I didn't pre-order, they say they are getting 32 units which is more than I thought and they will hand out tickets at 5 am on launch day first come first serve.

Think each wal-mart location will be YMMV when it comes to # of switches available...especially when it comes to the smaller walmart or walmart locations in small towns. Seeing 5am on launch day to give out tickets makes me glad I pre-ordered...

Now for Best Buy to change the status from in progress to now shipping or at least preparing to ship.

jokkir

When does EB usually update the order status? Seeing the Best Buy thread is getting me really impatient for any status updates with my order lol. Hope I get it a day early.

sikkinixx

With baseball spring training opening up...

Anyone from Vancouver know how to get Mariners games on the web? MLB blacks it out I think and Sportsnet only does those dickheads in Toronto's games. Is it a VPN type situation with MLB at Bat?

mdubs

Banned
I'm all for the shipping posts, but I don't know why we are handwringing over customer service responses and such. They don't know anything.

You just gotta strap in and play the release day roulette and enjoy the ride.

Maximus.

The bad press about the joycons, what if it's indeed a hardware problem? Are you guys worried that there will be a reivsion a few months down the line?

Not really concerned because it doesn't seem that many youtubers or outlets are reporting a consistent issue or issue at all. It really comes down to using the system and seeing if an issue is present or not. Too much hyperbole on the internet.

Vamphuntr

All together, on three:

AMAZON CS DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING!

People should realize they sell thousands and thousands of products and they have no idea what is going on with the specific product you are asking about. CS give replies to the best of their knowledge according to the product's page and Amazon's policies. Even if you keep posting your chat logs or orders page here it won't change anything. People are warned about every 2 pages in this thread to not use Amazon for release date delivery and you guys keep doing this to yourselves.

I'm looking to sell my TV, and I hate Kijiji.

I have an Insignia brand roku tv for sale. 48 inches, only a year old. It comes with a 4 year warranty from Best Buy, so if something happens two years down the line, they will replace it.

Looking for $350 and pick up in Toronto.

hiim_haz

Banned
I called my credit card company to make sure there's a note on my account for my March 3rd orders. Better safe than sorry, don't want any problems on launch day.

Mine too. I have Prime and mine shipped Friday and now won't come until next Friday. They conveniently removed the "guaranteed release date delivery" the day it shipped.

Yup, Prime too.
At least I'm not the only one. I'm holding out hope that it will update on Monday with the actual release day shipping time :/

killroy87

People should realize they sell thousands and thousands of products and they have no idea what is going on with the specific product you are asking about. CS give replies to the best of their knowledge according to the product's page and Amazon's policies. Even if you keep posting your chat logs or orders page here it won't change anything. People are warned about every 2 pages in this thread to not use Amazon for release date delivery and you guys keep doing this to yourselves.

Exactly. And people keep complaining about threatening to stop shopping with Amazon, or how it's bullshit that they get away with it even if you pay for Prime. Both are valid points, but at the end of the day, it doesn't change shit. So direct the passion to emailing or tweeting Amazon, cuz we can't help you (and more than that, we don't really care)

So I haven't purchased a boxed PC EA game since the Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3 in 2014, so I had no idea they stopped including discs.

Now I don't really have any incentive to keep my 30% off Amazon preorder if I can find a better deal for Andromeda somewhere else. So where's the cheapest, legit place for Canadians to preorder Mass Effect Andromeda on PC, cdkeys.com?

Yeah I miss the discs too. Fallout 4 was one disc; you had to download the rest.

Someone will probably post a cdkeys deal soon, probably around $50 or so.

Not really concerned because it doesn't seem that many youtubers or outlets are reporting a consistent issue or issue at all. It really comes down to using the system and seeing if an issue is present or not. Too much hyperbole on the internet.
Personally I'm not worried about the desyncing issue as long as the connection is stable when there is zero obstructions. The joycons coming loose tho, I'm afraid after prolonged "switching", it will barely hold the screen in place...

zroid

Banned
Personally I'm not worried about the desyncing issue as long as the connection is stable when there is zero obstructions. The joycons coming loose tho, I'm afraid after prolonged "switching", it will barely hold the screen in place...

I haven't been keeping up with all the news, but if there's a legit problem with the JoyCons coming loose and it's not just an isolated defect, I wonder if there might be a product recall or something. That's pretty serious.

remember when they gave everyone free Wiimote shells and new wrist straps because people were throwing their remotes at the TV lol

The desyncing issue is (as it seems right now) caused by a slightly weak signal output coming from the joy cons.

The player's hands seem to dampen the signal enough to cause desyncing issues. I think the problem is blown a little out of proportion, though

zroid

Banned
I heard that apparently if you try to charge the Switch using the usb cable which comes with the pro controller (USB-C to USB-A) then it might not get enough power to charge while in use

I assume that it would get enough power from a y-cable though? anyone know where to get a USB-C to USB-A y-cable?

edit: actually I already have a USB mini y-cable, so I think a USB-C to USB mini adapter would work too? so many damn port types...

tiijj

I heard that apparently if you try to charge the Switch using the usb cable which comes with the pro controller (USB-C to USB-A) then it might not get enough power to charge while in use

I assume that it would get enough power from a y-cable though? anyone know where to get a USB-C to USB-A y-cable?

edit: actually I already have a USB mini y-cable, so I think a USB-C to USB mini adapter would work too? so many damn port types...

I don't get what you're saying. Lemme try to see if I got it right. You're using a regular usb c to usb a cable to plug the switch in where?

[Switch] <usb-c ===== usb-a> [?????]

Are you plugging it to the dock? If so why not just dock it?

zroid

Banned
I don't get what you're saying. Lemme try to see if I got it right. You're using a regular usb c to usb a cable to plug the switch in where?

[Switch] <usb-c ===== usb-a> [?????]

Are you plugging it to the dock? If so why not just dock it?

I'm saying to charge it on a laptop or a power-bank or something. Use case being I don't have the dock with me and the AC adapter is at home. I don't expect to take the AC adapter anywhere considering it'll be plugged in behind the TV. not exactly convenient.

to be fair this is only relevant if I need to charge while playing, probably not a big deal either way

Anyone know if Best Buy will allow an opened controller to be returned? Going to compare the $40 hori wired controller with the $90 pro.

edit: never mind, duh, website policy is clear

tiijj

I'm saying to charge it on a laptop or a power-bank or something. Use case being I don't have the dock with me and the AC adapter is at home. I don't expect to take the AC adapter anywhere considering it'll be plugged in behind the TV. not exactly convenient.

to be fair this is only relevant if I need to charge while playing, probably not a big deal either way

Laptop port might not work but powerbank does if it has the enough/right output. I haven't looked at it in details, I'm just waiting for the switch and then get a powerbank, let others be the guinea pig lol.

Maximus.

That again is something I think is a non issue. I haven't held one or examined the build of the locking mechanism, but I feel Nintendo put good thought into that. On a Nintendo Minute video, they do talk about how they didn't want to use magnets for instance, due to the issue or the controllers easily separating from the controllers.

Harusame

If any of you guys are still thinking of getting a micro SD for the Switch, try checking your local Costco. They had the 128 GB SanDisk microSD at my local Costco for $47. YMMV

Haines

Banned
I'll be there, assuming I can get through customs without having my phone and laptop searched.

High five.

I think were looking at a ten hour drive to pax. But were just grateful to escape the kiddos. Hopefully the weather is nice for it.

I hate crossing the border. Gets my anxiety everytime.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
If any of you guys are still thinking of getting a micro SD for the Switch, try checking your local Costco. They had the 128 GB SanDisk microSD at my local Costco for $47. YMMV

After browsing BestBuy.ca this seems like a stellar deal. Going to check mine out tomorrow after work to see if any are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom