• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BestBuy delivery

If you're not at home to receive a package, do they bring it to the nearest BestBuy for pickup or do they try again the next business day?

Depends on your postal person (which may be determined by your neighborhood? Not sure.). Packages with "do not safe drop" MAY be left in your mailbox. One was left with my neighbor :)

Personally have had only good experience with their discretion - bigger boxes smartly hidden in storm doors or behind bins.

krae_man

Anyone else's card decline the Horizon charge for no reason?

I got an email from Amazon overnight saying they couldn't process the card. I logged in and clicked "try the card again" and it worked.

If this means I get the game late.

A few days with the Switch and so far my biggest issues are things we already know about. The Joycons are cool but I have big hands and while not uncomfortable, I would rather have a regular sized controller to play games with.

Second biggest issue? The launch library is weak, Zelda aside (which is stellar so far) I can't see why you would need to purchase this on day one. The weak library at launch is one of the worst in memory (correct me if I'm wrong here)

I haven't had the disconnect issue since I reported it but I haven't used the Joycons themselves more than twice after that.

A few days with the Switch and so far my biggest issues are things we already know about. The Joycons are cool but I have big hands and while not uncomfortable, I would rather have a regular sized controller to play games with.

Second biggest issue? The launch library is weak, Zelda aside (which is stellar so far) I can't see why you would need to purchase this on day one. The weak library at launch is one of the worst in memory (correct me if I'm wrong here)

I haven't had the disconnect issue since I reported it but I haven't used the Joycons themselves more than twice after that.

It's fine for a March launch but it's missing another first-party title imo... MK8 Deluxe would have been a good change of pace for when I want to play something else than Zelda.

It's fine for a March launch but it's missing another first-party title imo... MK8 Deluxe would have been a good change of pace for when I want to play something else than Zelda.

Fast RMX will fill that void for me. This launch has ended up looking decent with Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Fast RMX as options.

I guess EB will be posting its early opening schedule at some point soon. I should just call my store.

March 3: Early Openings
Pre-order Pickups Only! No Walk-ins!

tiijj

It's not really bad, there are quite a few interesting games in the launch titles. I guess people find it bad compared to the PS4 or Xbox One because the switch doesn't have big games like battlefield, assassins creed, call of duty, and sports titles such as nba, madden, fifa, etc...

It's not really bad, there are quite a few interesting games in the launch titles. I guess people find it bad compared to the PS4 or Xbox One because the switch doesn't have big games like battlefield, assassins creed, call of duty, and sports titles such as nba, madden, fifa, etc...

It's a weird time of year for a launch because a lot of those annualized games aren't even coming out.

Maddog

I preordered Ghost Recon at EB Games by trading in two games and just realized they somehow put it under someone else's Edge card. Not sure how that happened but hope I don't have any problems picking it up.

Horizon out for delivery!

Going to be a great night!

Mine should be here as well since it arrived in Winnipeg last night. Unless Canada Post decides to be lazy.

Honestly wasn't expecting to get it till friday at earliest since best buy has not been kind to me in the past.

zroid

Banned
Dammit I don't know what to get from Indigo with the 20% deal today. But I have to get something!

I had just decided not to pick up the Zelda guide, but maybe I will after all...

Velkyn

I entirely expect Amazon had some huge issue with merch getting held up in customs or maybe weather/port delays that caused a lot of game stuff releasing in this next week to be super delayed. My copy of Torment, and Zelda according to the site anyways are going to miss release by a full week give or take a day or two.

Yeah came in here to ask this. Total bummer if I don't get my Zelda copy via Amazon because I'm actually booking time off Friday...

Mine is with amazon with a delivery estimate of march 16 wtf???

It doesn't mean anything, you're probably gonna get that a lot earlier.

As for me, my Switch is pre-ordered from Best Buy but knowing BB, i'm gonna get the thing next week.

I rarely receive my items on the same day as the release. I would love to be wrong and get the Switch and Zelda for this upcoming week-end.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Yes. So they will bring the package to the nearest Canada post outlet after their 1st attempt.

Yes! That means in the worst case scenario, i play zelda on switch by Saturday. Canada post is the best, at least in cities imo, in montreal they are very very fast.

It doesn't mean anything, you're probably gonna get that a lot earlier.

As for me, my Switch is pre-ordered from Best Buy but knowing BB, i'm gonna get the thing next week.

I rarely receive my items on the same day as the release. I would love to be wrong and get the Switch and Zelda for this upcoming week-end.
I hope so :( :( :(
My switch and zelda with bb are all updated with shipping ids now...i should have never went with amazon...bb has always delivered on release day for me.

zroid

Banned

Weren't those games also cross-gen? So if you dock Zelda for being on Wii U (a console nobody owns anyway), surely you'd have to do the same for those games, which were also releasing on consoles everybody owns.

I dunno, I feel like we say this about every launch lineup. They're always bad. There's usually one or maybe two great games, and that's it. Sometimes there aren't any great games. See: PS2, 3DS, and others I'm sure.

Velkyn

Weren't those games also cross-gen? So if you dock Zelda for being on Wii U (a console nobody owns anyway), surely you'd have to do the same for those games, which were also releasing on consoles everybody owns.

I dunno, I feel like we say this about every launch lineup. They're always bad. There's usually one or maybe two great games, and that's it. Sometimes there aren't any great games. See: PS2, 3DS, and others I'm sure.

I'm honestly getting a 3DS vibe with the Switch launch, apart from Zelda. Just getting one now because I know I'll want the thing for Splatoon 2 this summer, and I don't want to dick around finding one if it's still supply constrained by then.

Not even lying I hope we get a sweet digital certificate and free VC games for getting one early.

UberTag

And then sometimes you have the most glorious launch imaginable with exclusive genre-defining tentpoles in fighting, platforming, sports and a wide variety of other genres... and you're remembered fondly until the end of time.

dreamcast.launch.9.9.99-27.jpg

sh1fty

My amazon.ca copy of Horizon is marked as Arriving tomorrow by 8pm - Being shipped today so we'll see what happens... Hopefully it's not delivered with Canada Post or Dynamex... I've had bad luck with them and Amazon.

jokkir

Does Amazon not have any Switch games in their warehouse yet? I just ordered 1-2 Switch there and it's arriving the same time as Zelda. I'm assuming that game isn't sold out like Zelda

I hope so :( :( :(
My switch and zelda with bb are all updated with shipping ids now...i should have never went with amazon...bb has always delivered on release day for me.

Well, i'm basing my experience from Wii U and PS4, i pre-ordered both at Best Buy and didn't get them on release day. I'm from Montreal btw. Maybe some regions in Canada get them on release.

Hopefully, i get everything this Friday, i would be one happy man !!!

Well, i'm basing my experience from Wii U and PS4, i pre-ordered both at Best Buy and didn't get them on release day. I'm from Montreal btw. Maybe some regions in Canada get them on release.

Nah, we Montrealers get shit on release day.
My Switch is coming from Amazon and I am not expecting it until around Wednesday next week.

jokkir

What about EB? Anyone get that day 1 or just horror stories? I want it asap so if it's not here by Friday, I'll probably go out and try to find it elsewhere.

Agreed, one major title to sell a new system is ballsy, but, if anyone can do it, it would be Nintendo. I just want to make sure the Switch gets usage out of it after Zelda is out and it's been a few months.

I'm working on 1,2 Switch as well. More on that soon!

killroy87

Judging from how ridiculously glowing the previews were, I feel like once the review embargo for Zelda lifts on Thursday, no one will be questioning why they are putting the entire weight of the Switch launch on that one game.

Kyolux

Amazon or Best Buy?

:p

Amazon.

Right. Mine is still being prepared to ship, and arriving "tomorrow before 8pm"

I was hoping I'd get it early to put in some time before the Overwatch update tomorrow, but I guess I'll be doing some fancy balancing between them.

same! pretty sure this's the first time i ever got a game from amazon.ca early :) ...

This was part of my E3 2015 order. (The last game from it) All of them in that order arrived a day early I believe. Got lucky I guess.

I'm in toronto, and have always received everything on launch *knock on wood.
I don't trust amazon tho, they are getting sloppy these days.

Lexxism

BB order has a shipping id, but still says Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 31. Kinda scary.

They sent out emails specifically saying not to be concerned with that at all.

Thanks for pre-ordering the Nintendo Switch! We know you can't wait to dive into all the fun gameplay experiences this unique new console will deliver.

You may have noticed that the Nintendo Switch is listed with an incorrect delivery date of Mar. 31, 2017 on the Order Status page. Don't worry -- the actual release date is Mar. 3, 2017. Since you've pre-ordered the Switch we'll make sure it gets shipped out by Mar. 3 so it can be delivered to you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the mix-up, and enjoy the Nintendo Switch!

Porkepik

Nah, we Montrealers get shit on release day.
My Switch is coming from Amazon and I am not expecting it until around Wednesday next week.
Yeah my horizon has march 9 to 15th as delivery date and my zelda wii u has not a date anymore 🙁 Hoping I get it before april. I should say that it was from my e3 2015 order and was not a prime member at that time.
However since being prime I got my orders a day late at most and some on release day even living on Montreal south shore. I m getting to know well my intelcom guy 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom