• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownLoad

Gonna be canceling my Zelda Special Edition order from Amazon. I just can't warrant the price from what's included in it...

Anyway, I'll cancel it at 7PM MST, or if interested send me a message and we can work out a different time.

Gonna be canceling my Zelda Special Edition order from Amazon. I just can't warrant the price from what's included in it...

Anyway, I'll cancel it at 7PM MST, or if interested send me a message and we can work out a different time.
Worth noting here as a reminder Amazon is not a "live" store and thus stock does not update like that, only in large batches when they have them.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
OH MMM GEE

So i've been wanting to preorder the switch since the freaking presentation, without success. I was a bit hopeless to have a chance to have it friday by just walking into the store, so i decided to take some time and try to preorder it.

I've been refreshing bestbuy.ca every 2 seconds since 15:00 est, I've seen it come and go, trying at first to fill my address and billing info, which was a disaster as it was gone by the time i finished, until finally all the info was automatically saved. Just 1 minute ago, i snagged a neon switch :eek:

And zelda preordered too

:eek:

7drHiqr.gif

speiky

The Baldwin st. EB in Whitby allegedly has 70(!!!) extra switch units for non-preorder buyers. That's according to a friend of mine, whose friend works at that location.
I'm having a hard time believing it though.

nath999

The Baldwin st. EB in Whitby allegedly has 70(!!!) extra switch units for non-preorder buyers. That's according to a friend of mine, whose friend works at that location.

I don't know about 70 but I don't actually think there will be a stock issue. Nintendo needs to capitalize on the hype train that will fade quickly once everyone realizes there is nothing to play after Zelda.

Maybe meant to say 7? My local store seems to think zero to 7.

Haines

Banned
Any advice on asking amazon to make zelda wiiu e3 preorder to a switch version and retaining the discount.

Never dealt with Amazon ever. Do I call them.

Any advice on asking amazon to make zelda wiiu e3 preorder to a switch version and retaining the discount.

Never dealt with Amazon ever. Do I call them.
Personally I did a call, I suggest making an order for the switch version now then calling and then asking to see if the rep can do what you want ymmv but you'll have MUCH better luck with an American rep.

iphys

I think only certain EB games are doing midnight releases and have extra systems beyond pre-orders, so that might actually make sense if that's one of those locations.

krae_man

So uh, EB is going to start selling brand new Freedom Mobile phones starting tomorrow. Not a full inventory but some phones. That's umm interesting. Selling Telus phones didn't save Blacks, but The Source is still around so who knows.

One of their test stores here in Kitchener is in the same mall as a Freedom Mobile store. You'd think they would want to pick EB's in places they don't already have an outlet.

Does anyone know what the best way to get a hold of a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance would be?

I see some used copies on eBay for about $100 CAD + shipping. Is that about as good as it's going to get?

Kicking myself for selling this game years and years ago!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So uh, EB is going to start selling brand new Freedom Mobile phones starting tomorrow. Not a full inventory but some phones. That's umm interesting. Selling Telus phones didn't save Blacks, but The Source is still around so who knows.

One of their test stores here in Kitchener is in the same mall as a Freedom Mobile store. You'd think they would want to pick EB's in places they don't already have an outlet.
The Source is owned by Bell, so they're basically using it as yet another Bell store brand... although I assume their staff don't have to hock Bell stuff to customers.

Stage On

Amazon never gets stuff out in a timely manner does it? Not even for prime members!

They upgraded my shipping to priority for Story of seasons Trio of towns which has a release date of Febuary 28th and yet the expected arrival date is March 6-7.

This is my first time attempting an Amazon pre-order, let alone a big hardware launch. They have my Switch order estimated March 7-8. I had ordered it seconds after it went live. My guess is that this is bogus and it will come closer to March 3rd, but maybe those with experience know better!

Amazon never gets stuff out in a timely manner does it? Not even for prime members!

They upgraded my shipping to priority for Story of seasons Trio of towns which has a release date of Febuary 28th and yet the expected arrival date is March 6-7.
I entirely expect Amazon had some huge issue with merch getting held up in customs or maybe weather/port delays that caused a lot of game stuff releasing in this next week to be super delayed. My copy of Torment, and Zelda according to the site anyways are going to miss release by a full week give or take a day or two.

mdubs

Banned
This is my first time attempting an Amazon pre-order, let alone a big hardware launch. They have my Switch order estimated March 7-8. I had ordered it seconds after it went live. My guess is that this is bogus and it will come closer to March 3rd, but maybe those with experience know better!

I've seen them throw up (for a Prime Member) countless shipping estimates for preorder games for me for like the following week after release.

They always get to me day 1 regardless (GTA). So basically who knows, but the shipping estimate isn't usually worst case scenario

It could go either way, many of my amazon preorders have had overestimated dates like that but Amazon has held back on shipping other preorders I've had while the item is released and in stock, for no apparent reason.

speiky

I think only certain EB games are doing midnight releases and have extra systems beyond pre-orders, so that might actually make sense if that's one of those locations.
Whitby is not where I would expect that though. A downtown Toronto location (or any major city for that matter) seems more realistic.
I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if he gets caught in his own lies.

Yeah I miss the discs too. Fallout 4 was one disc; you had to download the rest.

Someone will probably post a cdkeys deal soon, probably around $50 or so.

Cdkeys is your best bet but like most of the time price will go up closer to release.
Looks like CDkeys has it for $54.79 CAD. That's cheaper than my Amazon preorder. Does CDkeys charge tax?

Maybe I should just wait, I don't know when I'll have time with Zelda and Horizon coming this week.

i-Jest

Does anyone know what the best way to get a hold of a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance would be?

I see some used copies on eBay for about $100 CAD + shipping. Is that about as good as it's going to get?

Kicking myself for selling this game years and years ago!

Pray Nintendo releases the Virtual Console. I'm desperately hoping they do this with Radiant Dawn on the WiiU before online services shutdown.

Haines

Banned
Personally I did a call, I suggest making an order for the switch version now then calling and then asking to see if the rep can do what you want ymmv but you'll have MUCH better luck with an American rep.

Thanks you. I'm assuming you mean by calling I get an American rep.

Thanks for the advice.

centracore

Step in the right direction IMO. Hopefully that means payment authorization is good and they are starting to preparing the shipment soon.

I've been checking my credit card almost hourly and haven't seen any authorizations or holds from Best Buy yet unfortunately.. hopefully that changes as we progress though the day.

I've been checking my credit card almost hourly and haven't seen any authorizations or holds from Best Buy yet unfortunately.. hopefully that changes as we progress though the day.

I find updates on my credit cards are slower than hell compared to our American counterparts. Hell, my transfer I did from my savings to my credit card (same bank) hasn't been reflected yet on my credit card.

tiijj

I find updates on my credit cards are slower than hell compared to our American counterparts. Hell, my transfer I did from my savings to my credit card (same bank) hasn't been reflected yet on my credit card.

I use paypal on mine and no movements. Well it does have pre-auth since I pre-ordered it but that's it.

DamnBoxes

Re: BestBuy delivery

If you're not at home to receive a package, do they bring it to the nearest BestBuy for pickup or do they try again the next business day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom