• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

5 pages to catch up on. 90% was shipping talk.
Of course! Don't tell me you were expecting deals of some kind.
KuGsj.gif

LOL true.

Actuallly surprised there isn't the "Nintendo Switch shipping - Canadian Edition" Thread hasn't been created yet.

To be honest, maybe there should be or this thread is going to be a disaster for anyone not buying a switch. Does anyone know if mods would be okay with a thread or not?

Velkyn

My wife has Prime and is going to contact customer support about the ship date for Zelda, which she ordered on her account. I'll update in this thread as soon as I know more.

Update: Amazon got back to us last night. They claim that the dates on the Zelda Switch preorder are an error, and the game should be delivered on the 3rd of March. Maybe it's something in their system screwing up because of the Friday release date?

As usual: Amazon CSRs don't know much about the shipping situation for this stuff. A different CSR may have a completely different answer.

killroy87

As usual: Amazon CSRs don't know much about the shipping situation for this stuff. A different CSR may have a completely different answer.

We need to figure out some way of reminding people of this haha. Every time I see people update us with their CSR chats, I want to just slap them in the face (in a helpful 'snap out of it's fashion).

Gitaroo

Well i ordered it when I was not prime e3 2015 and it has been shipped yesterday delivery for today along with my torment tides of nomunera so yes I guess

I preordered the standard edition during E3 2015 without Prime and then I had the bright idea of signing up for a Prime trial to get faster shipping the other day. Now my status says WILL SHIP MARCH 3. Delivery estimate of March 6-7.

The product page for Horizon shows In Stock March 2 so it looks like they're low/out on stock.

Yep, it arrived today.

Thanks for the update, my standard edition was shipped yesterday but LE still says march 3...both were preordered before I got prime. My LE from bestbuy was shipped last friday and expected to come in today.

update: it says shipping now, and should arrive on Thrus or Friday.

Velkyn

We need to figure out some way of reminding people of this haha. Every time I see people update us with their CSR chats, I want to just slap them in the face (in a helpful 'snap out of it's fashion).

Well, it syncs up with everything people have said about the Switch/Zelda preorders in their chats. I realize CSRs don't always know what's going on, but given that other people have heard similar things, isn't it worth considering?

Well, it syncs up with everything people have said about the Switch/Zelda preorders in their chats. I realize CSRs don't always know what's going on, but given that other people have heard similar things, isn't it worth considering?

If it helps you sleep at night.

UberTag

I'm so regretting not pre ordering a switch. My only hope now is to line up at a Walmart at like 4 am
We should make a list of stores that "may" have walk-in inventory on-hand on Friday.
Walmart is obviously the de facto choice but what about Microplay (some seem to still be filling pre-order allotments), Toys R Us?, Shoppers Drug Mart?, EB Games (post-order cancellations/no shows), etc.

saskuatch

We should make a list of stores that "may" have walk-in inventory on-hand on Friday.
Walmart is obviously the de facto choice but what about Microplay (some seem to still be filling pre-order allotments), Toys R Us?, Shoppers Drug Mart?, EB Games (post-order cancellations/no shows), etc.

I'm lucky the area I am has almost 4 Walmart's within 15 minutes driving distance. Will have to see which one will have the most stock and go to that one.

sh1fty

Horizon is "out for delivery" in my town as of 8:52AM.. buuuuut it's Canada Post so there's no gaurantee I'll get it today. Last time I had Canada Post, my item was "out for delivery" in my town for like 3 days.

Definitely feels like there's a disconnect where Amazon sells me something with a gauranteed same day or 2 day shipping promise, and Canada Post / Dynamex either don't realize this promise has been made or don't care and I get it late.

beta_fuse

So what do you think my chances are for getting a Switch at Best Buy on March 3rd if I go there at 4AM?

Are stores even supposed to get enough consoles to cover pre-orders and walk-ins?

Fularu

Banned
So what do you think my chances are for getting a Switch at Best Buy on March 3rd if I go there at 4AM?

Are stores even supposed to get enough consoles to cover pre-orders and walk-ins?
None of the instore switch systems are for preorders. They're for walkins

At least according to the two best buys I went to yesterday (had to get a samsung gear fit 2 price matched with swiftronics and the first one didn't have it on hand)

saskuatch

I would go to Walmart instead. The Walmart closest to me is getting 32 units and handing out raffle tickets at 5 am. I called other Walmart's but they don't know yet.

DamnBoxes

Wal-Mart Canada Switch Update:

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn at my local Wal-Mart in Montreal today.

Asked the girl working at the cash register if they have any idea how many Switch units they're going to have for March 3rd. Her reponse:

KKGIv9P.gif

That's all for now. Thanks for your time.

UberTag

Asked the girl working at the cash register if they have any idea how many Switch units they're going to have for March 3rd. Her reponse:

KKGIv9P.gif

I'm not expecting concrete news from most of these places until Thursday.

Samemind

I don't think it's available on every item, but if your default address is eligible then I think there should be a filter option in the sidebar.

Is it possible pre-orders and out of stock items aren't elligible? That would explain why Horizon didnt have the option but Nioh does.

tiijj

Is it possible pre-orders and out of stock items aren't elligible? That would explain why Horizon didnt have the option but Nioh does.

For pre-orders, I think you're looking for is release day delivery, it is up to amazon if they wanna send it the day before of 2 days before for a 2 day delivery or the same day for the same day delivery.

saskuatch

KKGIv9P.gif

I called 4 Walmart's, one of them the electronic to told me to Google the release date. The other told me they are getting shipment for launch but can't say how many and when they will sell them. One had no idea what was going on and the last said 32 units 5 am.

I called 4 Walmart's, one of them the electronic to told me to Google the release date. The other told me they are getting shipment for launch but can't say how many and when they will sell them. One had no idea what was going on and the last said 32 units 5 am.

"Google the release date"

lol

Kyolux

Sorry to interrupt switch/ship talks but I played a good 5-6 hours of Horizon last night.

I'm glad I upgraded my tv to 4k/hdr. It looks soooooooo good.

In terms of the game though, it was just ok until the last 45 minutes I played or so where it started getting interesting but I had to go to bed.

Tried sharing scenery pictures last night, but the option was blocked. I guess because of pre-release or something?

back to ship talk, no movement on my torment copy. My KH 2.8 I ordered yesterday because prime savings was still in effect for some reason and I had a $30 gift card to use up as been shipping today since yesterday.

Sorry to interrupt switch/ship talks but I played a good 5-6 hours of Horizon last night.

I'm glad I upgraded my tv to 4k/hdr. It looks soooooooo good.

In terms of the game though, it was just ok until the last 45 minutes I played or so where it started getting interesting but I had to go to bed.

Tried sharing scenery pictures last night, but the option was blocked. I guess because of pre-release or something?

back to ship talk, no movement on my torment copy. My KH 2.8 I ordered yesterday because prime savings was still in effect for some reason and I had a $30 gift card to use up as been shipping today since yesterday.

Horizon really does look phenomenal in 4k/hdr.

BonnaPooah

Neo Member

KKGIv9P.gif

BIG if true!!

Boylamite

I managed to get a pre order for the switch with Microplay last Friday. Ordered the grey switch, charging grip and BoTW without any issue. I called them yesterday to add a pro controller and was able to to without any problems. I am so hyped for Friday.

KKGIv9P.gif

This is accurate. Walmart is never told from Nintendo what stock is coming in. They only ever know when the stock just shows up.

SickBoy

Wow, not like they don't all have Switch promotional materials all set up in their gaming areas.

No surprise that staff wouldn't all have a detailed understanding of what's going on, but that's ridiculous. Maybe it was someone from another department covering...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom