• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Having never preordered a system from EB Games, what are the chances of getting my switch before the weekend from them?

I assume you're asking if you can get it if you didn't pre-order? If so, the answer is 0%. They sold out of their allocation from Nintendo within the few days, they will have no stock above and beyond pre-orders, so it you didn't pre-order. you're not getting one.

Kyolux

I assume you're asking if you can get it if you didn't pre-order? If so, the answer is 0%. They sold out of their allocation from Nintendo within the few days, they will have no stock above and beyond pre-orders, so it you didn't pre-order. you're not getting one.

I believe he pre-ordered. He's saying it's his first time.

carlo6529

Pretty sure this is false. My local eb games will have a few extra for people who walk in. They are also launching it at midnight.

My Horizon is arriving today, but not yet shipped...Not surprised that amazon as usual is shit.

Mine hasn't shipped yet and the ship date is listed as March 3rd. I already spoke with their customer support an the person told me not to worry and it'll ship on time, but you never know with them. I just don't want another FFXV situation.

I called 4 Walmart's, one of them the electronic to told me to Google the release date. The other told me they are getting shipment for launch but can't say how many and when they will sell them. One had no idea what was going on and the last said 32 units 5 am.

If you can find a Dept manager, they may be able to tell you. Show them the item on your phone, or even better, check the (empty) shelves to see if there is a price sticker. They were able to look up the incoming stock status of an unreleased vita game for me some time ago, by using some sort of scanner (inventory handheld scanner?).

imBask

Banned
my copy of Horizon is in the truck on it's way here

still haven't had a "nigthmare" story with Amazon and I still don't get why or how it seems like none of your packages ever make it on time

firelogic

Mine hasn't shipped yet and the ship date is listed as March 3rd. I already spoke with their customer support an the person told me not to worry and it'll ship on time, but you never know with them. I just don't want another FFXV situation.

Ship on time on March 3rd or ship on time today?

Quick

Banned

still haven't had a "nigthmare" story with Amazon and I still don't get why or how it seems like none of your packages ever make it on time

Same here. Amazon's always been on time on my end.

Kinda worried my luck's going to run out, but so far so good.

Same situation here.

Amazon has always been on time for me in the past. Doubt they will be this time. I live half an hour away from where they ship from to boot.

Robert807

Got an email from Amazon saying they can't make the guarantee delivery date. I get my shipping cost refunded. Game may get shipped out tomorrow. Might get game on Thursday.

Vinc

Horizon shipped with Prime yesterday with guaranteed delivery date of today. Amazon still says it'll be delivered today, whereas Canada Post always said March 1st.

Game has been stuck at "received by carrier" since 6:30 pm yesterday.

krae_man

I got my shipping email from Amazon today for Horizon and I picked free shipping. They made more excuses on why it didn't ship yesterday and promised it won't happen again(it will).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I remember getting my CE of Witcher 3 on release day from an online order on EBGames.ca. Hopefully they'll keep their excellent track record.

I'm on vacation this week (spring break) and I'd love to play Zelda on Friday.
Not only that, but it was a holiday the day before release, so they shipped the Friday before just to make sure it would arrive on release day. I love their shipping.

explodet

The only issue I had with EB shipping isn't so much with them than it was with UPS.
Each parcel I got had a big ol' boot print on it.

My copy of Horizon hasn't been shipped yet, has a delivery date of between March 7th - 9th, I'm on Prime and I live less than 3km from the distribution centre. Please don't ruin my day amazon.

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
I forgot to cancel my order of Horizon (getting Switch and Zelda instead) so if any Gaffers in the west island of Montreal want it for $80 I will gladly sell it.

farisr

My copy of Horizon hasn't been shipped yet, has a delivery date of between March 7th - 9th, I'm on Prime and I live less than 3km from the distribution centre. Please don't ruin my day amazon.
That sucks.

Well, my delivery date says today, amazon says shipping soon. Haven't been charged on my credit card, and it is now past the cutoff time for same day delivery for me. So not happening. Not that I was gonna play today anyways, but hey, not gonna hesitate on contacting them for a $5 credit.

Other then them shipping with Canada Post, which is complete shit around here (says they attempted delivery when I was home multiple times) It's been good, My view on that might change if my switch isnt here on Friday though.

Eleuin

Same, and I ordered mine in 2015. Got on chat with them and they gave me $10 bucks so that's nice.
Damn what did you say? I've never complained to them before but I'd do it even for $5

Can't believe all these people making their orders 2 years ago aren't getting them on time

Something I ordered off Amazon yesterday just arrived today, while Horizon is still "on the way". Doubt Canada Post will be making a return trip to my building today.

Guess I'll be getting some store credit tonight.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Lmao some of you guys trying to get info out of CSRs. I used to work at EB and one of my coworkers didnt know shit about games and that was EB.

You can't expect Walmart or Amazon employees to know when gaming shipments come in or when they launch. They just dont give a fuck.

Everyone talking about Horizon, Switch, and Zelda orders, and i'm just sitting here waiting for my little niche game Nier: Automata.

How much did you guys pay for your Wii U? I'm looking for the cheapest price possible, I need Zelda.

Lmao some of you guys tryibg to get info our of CSRs. I used to work at EB and one of my coworkers didnt know shit about games and that was EB.

You can't expect Walmart or Amazon employees to know when gaming shipments come in or when they launch. They just dont give a fuck.

And if they do give a fuck they are dealing with other departments that don't have their shit together.

Retail.

FN-2187

Everyone talking about Horizon, Switch, and Zelda orders, and i'm just sitting here waiting for my little niche game Nier: Automata.

How much did you guys pay for your Wii U? I'm looking for the cheapest price possible, I need Zelda.

I got mine at launch, but a refurb from Nintendo used to be the best deal.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod840425&categoryId=cat10152

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Dont worry we'll be back in a week to complain Nier didnt get shipped out in time.

Edit: Paid $330 for ZombiU bundle back in 2013. RIP Futureshop

Got an email from Amazon that my Horizon is delayed. As others I've also had it preordered since June 2015. At this point I knew it wasn't coming today but I'm still annoyed as fuck.

I went to my local Walmart for some errands and spoke to one of the staff in the entertainment section. He said for that particular store they're just opening at normal hours (8AM).

It's a pretty quiet area so I hope I get a neon Switch (and not that ugly ass grey)

Google

My Horizon order is on the truck and will be delivered today.

Courier is listed as AMZCA.

I've noticed that:

1. If I order during E3/special discount time - I rarely get the game on the day of release even if I've specifically stated quickest delivery options
  2. If I order something a week before (and get the 20% discount for prime) I get free day-1 shipping to my house (in White Rock) or my office (in Vancouver)

So my suggestion is to either order close to release date or buy the game from WalMart today and return the copy when Amazon sends it.

My Horizon order is on the truck and will be delivered today.

Courier is listed as AMZCA.

I've noticed that:

1. If I order during E3/special discount time - I rarely get the game on the day of release even if I've specifically stated quickest delivery options
  2. If I order something a week before (and get the 20% discount for prime) I get free day-1 shipping to my house (in White Rock) or my office (in Vancouver)

So my suggestion is to either order close to release date or buy the game from WalMart today and return the copy when Amazon sends it.

I ordered it last Friday and it looks like I'm out of luck. :(

explodet

I got a phone call from my EB telling me I can grab my Switch at a midnight launch.
You may have to actually pick up the phone and call around to see which stores will be open.

In my experience it's been completely random and prime, shipping speeds, order dates have absolutely nothing to do with it.

They're simply inconsistent.

essenn

Metrotown EB in Burnaby is doing a midnight launch

if anyone in Vancouver area wants to trade their Neon Joycons for Gray, let me know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom