• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath999

My Horizon order is on the truck and will be delivered today.

Courier is listed as AMZCA.

I've noticed that:

1. If I order during E3/special discount time - I rarely get the game on the day of release even if I've specifically stated quickest delivery options
  2. If I order something a week before (and get the 20% discount for prime) I get free day-1 shipping to my house (in White Rock) or my office (in Vancouver)

So my suggestion is to either order close to release date or buy the game from WalMart today and return the copy when Amazon sends it.

I've had bad experiences when it lists AMZCA as the courier. They always give it to a random neighbor I've never spoken to or they arrive 10 mins before 9PM or what ever that deadline is.

Google

I've had bad experiences when it lists AMZCA as the courier. They always give it to a random neighbor I've never spoken to or they relieved 10 mins before 9PM or what ever that deadline is.

It's being delivered to my office so we'll see.

Whenever I have stuff delivered to me at home AMZCA is used for same day delivery. I'm usually just excited that I ordered some shit online at 10AM and it's there before I go to bed.

Gitaroo

128gb Samsung EVO + is now $61 through 3rd party fulfilled by amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0118LR9Z8/

Only $2 more than the evo or $6 more than sandisk ultra.

I think I am going to hold off from getting a microSD card as long as i can, since all the switch games I'll be getting are physical copies. By the time I do need one they should all be down in prices already. 200GB was 80 bucks during boxing week, maybe the normal price by this year end.

My Horizon is now tagged as arriving on Friday, which is some bullshit. The plus side is that they're refunding the cost of shipping, so thanks to E3 deals and the refund I'll be paying around $35 for the game.

I think I am going to hold off from getting a microSD card as long as i can, since all the switch games I'll be getting are physical copies. By the time I do need one they should all be down in prices already. 200GB was 80 bucks during boxing week, maybe the normal price by this year end.
I tried to hold off and lasted -3 days. I will get physical since these are small little cartridges but want to pick up a few digital titles at launch (snipperclips, fast rmx, shovelknight) and figured it would be good to have the microsd from the get go. Hopefully they make a way to transfer in the future once the big cards are cheap.

Stage On

I hate when Amazon charges you for your order and then has it stuck in "preparing for shipment" for over a day and it still hasn't actually shipped.

firelogic

Website says March 3rd, customer support said on time before March 3rd.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it MIGHT ship March 3rd along with my copy. I'm at the point where I'm just convincing myself that the discount and goodwill refund is a good enough tradeoff for getting the game a week later. One minute I'm totally cool with it, and then the next I'm very annoyed. lol.

UberTag

I've noticed that:

1. If I order during E3/special discount time - I rarely get the game on the day of release even if I've specifically stated quickest delivery options
  2. If I order something a week before (and get the 20% discount for prime) I get free day-1 shipping to my house (in White Rock) or my office (in Vancouver)

So my suggestion is to either order close to release date or buy the game from WalMart today and return the copy when Amazon sends it.
This is pretty much my track record as well. They will actively squat on orders that benefit from generous E3 promotions and/or price errors while fulfilling them promptly for everyone else.

I'm not expecting my copy of Horizon until late next week at the absolute earliest.

Pacer

Neo Member
Amazon's Horizon stock issues are ridiculous. The demand for a huge game like that shouldn't surprise them.

I'm glad I stopped buying my games from them.

Horizon just showed up. Not going to have time to play till tonight though, have to go pickup the kid, and apparently my buddy got me two tickets to see the Canucks tonight....yay....

jchung55

My horizon hasn't shipped yet and I'm on prime. I doubt it will make it today.

Damn what did you say? I've never complained to them before but I'd do it even for $5

Can't believe all these people making their orders 2 years ago aren't getting them on time

I just told em people were getting it already that ordered way after i did and that mine hasn't even been charged yet, let alone ship. Reiterated that I had Prime both at the time of order and now. The guy apologized and gave me $10. Sometimes you get a month of Prime extension.

Stage On

This is pretty much my track record as well. They will actively squat on orders that benefit from generous E3 promotions and/or price errors while fulfilling them promptly for everyone else.

I'm not expecting my copy of Horizon until late next week at the absolute earliest.

Ah that might explain why my copy of Story of Seasons is taking so long to actually ship since they had a weird price error on that

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Scheduled to ship via Canada Post
Delivered Tuesday Feb. 28

-looks at clock-

you're being veeeeery cheeky here Best Buy.

Horizon pre-order :(

Sora_N

Amazon's Horizon stock issues are ridiculous. The demand for a huge game like that shouldn't surprise them.

I'm glad I stopped buying my games from them.

Yeah wtf. The page says in stock March 2. How can BB have stock then. It'd pretty ridiculous

tiijj

I hate when Amazon charges you for your order and then has it stuck in "preparing for shipment" for over a day and it still hasn't actually shipped.

One of my order was stuck at "being shipped today" for a week. I asked what's going on before they escalated it and actually shipped it.

ovii

I ended up cancelling my Amazon Horizon order. While I was on the page, they had the collectors edition up and I ordered that instead. I was able to snag one before it sold out a couple minutes later.

Will be here by Friday!!!

Untitled-1_zpsm9rwkggd.jpg

Folks who buy these won't have them for the weekend (outside of possibly Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) but I suppose it's a decent enough stopgap measure for those who don't mind waiting and get won over by the Zelda reviews when they go live tomorrow.

So they'll get them at the same time as the rest of us, basically.

btkadams

I ordered through Amazon and I don't work on Friday... I wonder if I should go to one of these midnight launches in hopes of getting a switch as a walk-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom