• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Walmart will have 10 neon and 22 grey Switches.

35 copies of Zelda for Switch.

13 for Wii U, lol.

I might just go there instead of relying on my Amazon pre order.

UberTag

I ordered through Amazon and I don't work on Friday... I wonder if I should go to one of these midnight launches in hopes of getting a switch as a walk-in.
If you miss out on a midnight launch Switch, you should at least be in good shape to make it out to a Walmart to nab one there.
If you're in Ontario, it's going to be chillier than Boxing Day on Thursday night so that should deter crowds as well. Nobody likes freezing outside in the cold.

joedick

Sorry to do this, it sounds like this has been discussed to death, but can anybody bring me up to speed on Amazon's Switch shipping?

My order says estimated arrival is Mar 8-10, I have Prime though - shouldn't it be 2 business days to Ottawa? Is there zero chance of getting it on Friday?

btkadams

If you miss out on a midnight launch Switch, you should at least be in good shape to make it out to a Walmart to nab one there.
If you're in Ontario, it's going to be chillier than Boxing Day on Thursday night so that should deter crowds as well. Nobody likes freezing outside in the cold.
Should I just go there like 10 minutes before Walmart opens? Never bought something there on launch day before.

KraytarJ

Sorry to do this, it sounds like this has been discussed to death, but can anybody bring me up to speed on Amazon's Switch shipping?

My order says estimated arrival is Mar 8-10, I have Prime though - shouldn't it be 2 business days to Ottawa? Is there zero chance of getting it on Friday?
I'm in the exact same situation in Edmonton. I guess we'll have to see, but damn it'll be more than a little disappointing if I can't get mine day one.

suikodan

Should I just go there like 10 minutes before Walmart opens? Never bought something there on launch day before.

Wow guys. If you want one on launch day at Wal-Mart, better get there early.
I remember for the WiiU, people were gathering near 3AM

For the NES Classic, people were there at 5AM and before.

Only surprise, I was able to walk into a Wal-Mart at 8AM and grab a PS4 at launch without issues.

I've been to multiple console launches but for the Switch, I secured a console online because I want to stay warm and sane.

MutFox

Banned
There are reports of Amazon having some server outages...

Also, god damn, i want day 1 shipment of my Switch...

If there's a problem, this'll be the last time I use Amazon for preordering an item i want day 1.

Still, releasing on a Friday sucks too,
if you don't get it, gotta wait til Monday or after... :|

Lexxism

Thanks as always for posting Leeman.

They are doing walk ins at midnight too? That lineup will be too long. Think they will separate us preorder people from walk ins?

Morning friday it is.
EB usually has a separate line for those who pre-order. You will be fine.

joedick

I'm in the exact same situation in Edmonton. I guess we'll have to see, but damn it'll be more than a little disappointing if I can't get mine day one.

Okay, I just chatted, with Amazon customer service, and may have bumped myself up to same day delivery, I'm not entirely sure though:

Me: Hello, I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch system and a game. They come out this Friday. My order says the estimated delivery date is Mar 8-10. I have Amazon Prime, shouldn't I receive this within two business days to Ottawa? Thanks!
You are now connected to Vikas from Amazon.ca
Vikas: Hello, Thank you for being a Prime member
My name is Vikas. I will be glad to help you today.
I understand your concern with pre order release date delivery .
Please give me two minutes to check this and help you with my best :)
Thank you for your time.
I just checked and see that the item will get delivered to you in next 2 business days os the realease date as you have selected express two day shipping .
In this case you would have selected release date delivery and priority shipping to get the delivery on release date .
However I will love to manually update this with the shipping department and get this delivery boosted for you as one time exception :)
Hope this will be okay :)
Me: That would be wonderful, thank you!
Vikas: Give me two minutes while I up date this with the shipping dept :)
Thank you for your time.
Successfully upfdated the ship[ping to priority
Me: Thanks again!
Vikas: Estimated Delivery Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - Wednesday, March 8, 2017
However this will change at the time of delivery and you will be updated via email by the shipping dept once shipped :)
Hope I was able to help you in this case :)
Me: Perfect, thank you!
Vikas: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: That's everything.

Dazzler

so this amazon server outage could delay the switch being shipped out?

It's preventing me uploading images to our blog in work!!!

In other Amazon news, I forgot to change the shipping on Horizon Zero Dawn to my new address. So it's going to my old place courtesy of Amazon's own shipping service. Awesome!

Just waiting for the phone call off them

kevin1025

Banned

I don't imagine it will, although if it ships out soon it may not be updated on the site as quickly as intended.

Also, my Horizon is showing as delivering tomorrow, which makes me sad.

Peterthumpa

So, is it safe to say that living in Vancouver and with a Best Buy pre-order, I'll probably get my Switch this Friday since their warehouse is in Langley, i.e: pretty close to Vancouver?

Lexxism

So, is it safe to say that living in Vancouver and with a Best Buy pre-order, I'll probably get my Switch this Friday since their warehouse is in Langley, i.e: pretty close to Vancouver?
Yes. Best buy is definitely a good store when it comes to launch day. The only thing stopping you to get it day 1 is Canada post.

Google

Haha. No.

It's AWS related (and seems to be fixed - they're slowly putting sites back up) and I'm not sure what that would affect in warehousing for the next few days.

eff off...March 3rd for a shipping date for Horizon. How is almost a year not enough time for them to be able to ship this out to me at launch? Amazon Canada is pure garbage. Once that PS4 4.5 update with external hdd comes, I think I'm going all digital. Waiting weeks for a 20% discount, which you can normally get weeks after launch anyway, is not worth it in any way.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile I'll be playing my $45 copy of Zelda Wii U fast to trade it in by April 2. Glad this offer came back.

...huh. Since I'll get a Switch, I was planning to sell my discounted Zelda WiiU preorder on Kijiji, but I wonder if it might not be better to bring it to EB with the double-credit promo. I wonder if it's possible the total credit could go over $80, that'd be funny.

I've never not gotten anything game-related from Best Buy on launch day in Surrey, so your chances are good.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
RE7 PS4 is worth $40 (80 after promo) lol. Paid off my Switch and a part of my Zelda SE.

image.php

a916

They are offering $150 for a New 3DS XL? Well might as well dump my 3DS and Wii U and the games and get a free Switch then...

Had no plans on getting it at all but I should flip these things since I never play them.

No intention of getting a Switch... but for "free" I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom