• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google

They are offering $150 for a New 3DS XL? Well might as well dump my 3DS and Wii U and the games and get a free Switch then...

Had no plans on getting it at all but I should flip these things since I never play them.

No intention of getting a Switch... but for "free" I'll take it.

Is there a site/page you're seeing this information on?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LEXXUS I WAS RIGHT

Best buy hasnt even shipped out my pre-ordered copy yet, I called and they said I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday sigh.

Guess I'll have to drive for an hour after work to pick it up, boo.

Lexxism

They renewed the $150 towards the Switch when you trade in a Wii U at EB Games! Theres also the deal that nath999 mentioned
I don't think they will allow you to do this trade if they aren't taking a pre-order. I guess trade it to accessories and games and just transfer it to the console after?

FrsDvl

itK5oCo.jpg

Hmm.. could it be? I'm sure I won't get it Friday, since it's Amazon, but still.

iphys

So my Walmart will have 10 neon and 22 grey Switches.

35 copies of Zelda for Switch.

13 for Wii U, lol.

I might just go there instead of relying on my Amazon pre order.

35 copies of Switch Zelda vs only 32 Switch systems to play it on. Those are going to be some useless copies of Switch Zelda sitting on the shelf till the next shipment of Switches arrives.

a916

I don't think they will allow you to do this trade if they aren't taking a pre-order. I guess trade it to accessories and games and just transfer it to the console after?

I was under the impression that they'll get you the Switch when they get it to you... but they need the trade in items by April?

Luigi87

Damn, my EB isn't even opening early that day...

... oh well, guess I can sleep in/play more FF14 Thursday night after work <_<

farisr

Got my $5 promo credit for Horizon being late.

Thanks to that, the RE7 credit and some other left over credit that was less than $2, getting Persona 5 for $60.14 including tax.

Keyouta

I might as well trade in 3 of my Wii U games that I don't play towards Zelda and cancel my Amazon order.
I don't use the Wii U much I wonder if it's worth trading it in for $150. Could I possibly get more in the future through like, Kijiji or eBay?

marcod

Hmm.. could it be? I'm sure I won't get it Friday, since it's Amazon, but still.

I've been told the same thing in my attempts to contact technical support. Literally got told to just ignore the shipping estimation, and this response seems to be pretty consistent from other people that tried contacting them now. Feeling cautious but hopeful!

Lexxism

LEXXUS I WAS RIGHT

Best buy hasnt even shipped out my pre-ordered copy yet, I called and they said I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday sigh.

Guess I'll have to drive for an hour after work to pick it up, boo.
Booo. That's weird. I always get my stuff from them day 1. Plus you're living in Vancouver too.
I was under the impression that they'll get you the Switch when they get it to you... but they need the trade in items by April?
It says while supplies last. I guess try checking your local store.

a916

Booo. That's weird. I always get my stuff from them day 1. Plus you're living in Vancouver too.

Just called them and they said it's fine, and if you really really want one, you can wait in line and I was like nah I can wait.

Amazon delivery driver came back for a second delivery attempt! I didn't even remember I had Horizon preordered until it shipped last night but I'm glad I was able to get it today.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Got my $5 promo credit for Horizon being late.

Thanks to that, the RE7 credit and some other left over credit that was less than $2, getting Persona 5 for $60.14 including tax.

Did you call in for that? It seems they've disabled customer chat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I usually pre-order from Amazon but had a BB gift card I had to use... that'll teach me.

Maybe because I actually added the controller skin you get for free with a best buy pre-order that makes things take longer and makes them not deliver on release day? Who knows.

Haines

Banned
Does anyone know what the pro controller deal is.

Are we supposed to just find them on shelves or is Nintendo do fucking up the supply again

Mupod

cancelled my last Future Shop preorder because for some reason my amazon preorder dropped to around the same price. And the address/credit card are years out of date. Truly the end of an era.

tiijj

Does anyone know what the pro controller deal is.

Are we supposed to just find them on shelves or is Nintendo do fucking up the supply again

The wii u pro controller was like that as well. It was even difficult to get online. It'll probably be abundant and on the store shelves maybe next year. For now I guess online or a lucky store visit.

Renewed

I think BotW Wii U (need to cancel) and Persona 5 are the last open orders I have at amazon. I haven't been snatching up much else since I'm still waiting on Nier Automata's PC release.

Horizon went over my head so whoops. At least I can save my money till another deal pops up!....

My EB Games had Pro Controller orders open but I haven't visited or called since. I imagine stock is scarcer after preorders

So I'm just back from eb my local place is getting 100(ish) units, 70 is pre orders and another 20-30 extras. Open 8am friday.

Also traded in a few games paid off mariokart, and a back up copy of zelda.

trade in values(2x switch credit) as follows:

bravely default $26(I also had two copies)
Twilight princess HD $54
For Honor $70

I even had $16 left over the manager okayed to put on my edge card.

ruvcan

cancelled my last Future Shop preorder because for some reason my amazon preorder dropped to around the same price. And the address/credit card are years out of date. Truly the end of an era.

I received my last Future Shop preorder not too long ago (FFXV).

Gonna miss those weekly emails. /s

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon phone support is useless

Me: I preordered Horizon years ago. Its out today but my estimated shipping is March 9-16.

CSR: Preordering gives you a price guarantee but it doesnt mean we'll have the item for you at release.

Me: but if I place an order right now it says Ill get it by March 7. Whats the point of preordering if people buying now are getting it first?

CSR: preordering doesnt guarantee you will receive it on release day. Preordering just means it will be shipped to you eventually.

Instead of a $5 credit I got that garbage lol

NYR

Me: I preordered Horizon years ago. Its out today but my estimated shipping is March 9-16.

CSR: Preordering gives you a price guarantee but it doesnt mean we'll have the item for you at release.

Me: but if I place an order right now it says Ill get it by March 7. Whats the point of preordering if people buying now are getting it first?

CSR: preordering doesnt guarantee you will receive it on release day. Preordering just means it will be shipped to you eventually.

Are you Prime? If not, you are a garbage person to Amazon.

Google

Ordered Wii U version of Zelda on Amazon (Dont really need it on Friday just wanted to lock in that $60 price) and the confirmation page said "We'll email you when we get a shipping date"...but their store page shows a release date of Friday.

So I would imagine that something is fucked with Amazon Canada and their Nintendo distribution right now.

lol that's total bullshit, you got a garbage rep. I'd go back to em.

Ordered Wii U version of Zelda on Amazon (Dont really need it on Friday just wanted to lock in that $60 price) and the confirmation page said "We'll email you when we get a shipping date"...but their store page shows a release date of Friday.

So I would imagine that something is fucked with Amazon Canada and their Nintendo distribution right now.

same here

i'm hoping it gets fixed later in the week

Ryde3

Amazon also told me that the March 7-8 date is a glitch and that I will receive the Switch on March 3rd. Fingers crossed!

Bronetta

I am lol! Wasted 15 mins and got nowhere. I was like put yourself in my situation, maybe not a game but a movie you've waited a long time for, others are buying it and enjoying it while you're waiting weeks despite preordering it years in advance. Her reply? "Im not in that situation because I work for Amazon"

"Thank you for being a Prime member" my ass

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Yeah, I'm not even bothering contacting Amazon about my order even though I'm Prime now (signed up after the E3 pre-order). I knew the deal when I bought it. It sucks, and it's dumb that you have to choose between discount or on-time shipping, but I chose the former and I'm okay with that.

Bronetta

Yeah, I'm not even bothering contacting Amazon about my order even though I'm Prime now (signed up after the E3 pre-order). I knew the deal when I bought it. It sucks, and it's dumb that you have to choose between discount or on-time shipping, but I chose the former and I'm okay with that.

I dont mind waiting a day or two extra but over 2 weeks after release? Thats just unacceptable.

Kovaelin

I feel like this had already been accepted as the norm a long time ago from a lot of retail stores, unfortunately. I don't know why people keep pre-ordering everything at full price when they aren't guaranteed anything.

I dont mind waiting a day or two extra but over 2 weeks after release? Thats just unacceptable.

Oh, sure, but the other thing I've learned is that Amazon ship estimates are mostly bullshit in a good way. I don't really expect to have to wait until March 16. Now, if I DO have to wait until March 16, that will feel pretty unreasonable. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

hiim_haz

Banned
I spoke to Amazon (again) because I'm annoying.

They told me since I'm a prime member and that I picked priority shipping that the Switch will ship on March 2nd and I'd get it March 3rd.

Amazon:Since you are a prime member and placed the order in Priority shipping you'll receive the package on March 3, 2017 with high priority without any further delay.
Me:Great! Thanks
Amazon:I'll also help you with tracking details as soon as the item ships for you.
Me:Ok sure
Will it ship the day before?
Amazon:Yes, Haz.
Sure thing.
Me:So I should expect it to ship March 2nd
Amazon:Yes, Haz.
Me:great
Amazon:For sure.
You're welcome. It was a pleasure assisting you.&#8203;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom