• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all said Best Buy was the chosen one, but I guess we're all camping out now lol
nah guarantee you most best buy orders are shipping the day before. They're just hedging bets. There's no doubt they have all the boxes in their warehouses, they will ship them out to the pre-orders. They're probably expecting another shipment on friday and will send those out when they get them as well. Inevitably some will get the shaft, especially if you live in the boonies, but no doubt most should get it.

Unless nintendo really fucked up and mis-delivers their stock.

nah guarantee you most best buy orders are shipping the day before. They're just hedging bets. There's no doubt they have all the boxes in their warehouses, they will ship them out to the pre-orders. They're probably expecting another shipment on friday and will send those out when they get them as well. Inevitably some will get the shaft, especially if you live in the boonies, but no doubt most should get it.

Unless nintendo really fucked up and mis-delivers their stock.
this wouldn't be remotely as frustrating if weekend delivery was still a thing or y'know nintendo could stop doing releases this big on a damn Friday.

-Deimos

I prefer dimly lit alleys, by myself, always carrying extra cash in case the other party needs change.

That works too.

Some kid is probably laughing his ass off thinking he pulled one over on me. I'd be pissed if I wasn't on the way to the gym lol

sikkinixx

Traded in FFXV ($48), XCOM ($36) and Dark Souls III ($24).

Managed to pay off the last little bit of Zelda and a Pro controller.

Amazon don't fuck up my Friday release.

Also, dude at EB was unboxing a *fuck ton* of Neon Switches. He had quite the pile of flattened master cartons.

SickBoy

Thanks to all the shipping talk, I didn't get around to making a point of going to Costco to get another year of Xbox Live Gold at the old price. Thanks a lot, jerks.

It is my fault, but I don't think I like taking responsibility for my own actions anymore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, I think Amazon's free shipping may have finally hit the point for me where it's intentionally delayed to make Prime benefits look more appealing.

Horizon "Will ship 3 Mar." Never seen that on any of my game orders before.

btkadams

Damn, I think Amazon's free shipping may have finally hit the point for me where it's intentionally delayed to make Prime benefits look more appealing.

Honestly, regular shipping service absolutely tanked for me as soon as Amazon started offering Prime in Canada. It was very noticeable and I complained about it to Amazon. In the last year however, I've found Prime to be a decent value so I just bit the bullet.

So, how long before the store opens do you think I should line up at Best Buy (downtown Montreal) to get a Switch on launch day? :\

Or... is there any place in Montreal doing a midnight launch?

Traded in FFXV ($48), XCOM ($36) and Dark Souls III ($24).

Managed to pay off the last little bit of Zelda and a Pro controller.

Amazon don't fuck up my Friday release.

Also, dude at EB was unboxing a *fuck ton* of Neon Switches. He had quite the pile of flattened master cartons.

Interesting. I want a neon...but my store only got 1:4 ratio to grey. Wonder if I can swap it when picking up.

That EB deal has been epic. Got nearly an entire year's worth of gaming free, and paid off a console, pro, arms, zelda, and a case.

RE7 trades in for $80 (!) today.

My ship date changed to March 1st maybe an hour ago. With any luck, there's a chance I could get it tomorrow.

farisr

It's been intentionally delayed for a while for me. Like they wouldn't even start preparing an order until 3 to 4 days after its release (even when they're not having stock problems).

Twitch Prime helped me justify getting Amazon prime, and lo and behold it was back to release day shipping like it used to be. Anyways, Horizon is just having stock problems it seems. Even for me (someone with a Prime membership) it is not shipping out till tomorrow at the earliest. Whereas every other game I've had shipped out to me since Prime has arrived day 1.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Does the EB trading deal just go towards instore cash? Cause i bought the switch from best buy, still wondering how to get rid of the WiiU without much hassles.

So does everyone's Zelda Special edition look like this...

XTzIIJa.png

No ship date info, even though it's releasing in like 3 days?

Quick

Banned
Same here. Amazon's always been on time on my end.

Kinda worried my luck's going to run out, but so far so good.

I FUCKING JINXED IT.

My order was shipped a couple of hours ago, supposed to get it by Thursday.

This is the first time ever that Amazon hasn't delivered a game on the day of release. God damn it lol.

Anyone else order Horizon with release day shipping and not get it today? I'm in the GTA and my orders usually come from Mississauga, but my tracking says it's coming from BC...wtf.

itschris

Anyone else order Horizon with release day shipping and not get it today? I'm in the GTA and my orders usually come from Mississauga, but my tracking says it's coming from BC...wtf.

Yep. Mine says "Being shipped soon", even though it also still says "Arriving today", which is obviously not happening. This is the first time I haven't gotten a game from Amazon on time.

Quick

Banned
Yep. Mine says "Being shipped soon", even though it also still says "Arriving today", which is obviously not happening. This is the first time I haven't gotten a game from Amazon on time.

That was my order status all day, "arriving soon". Then I got an email saying it's been shipped.

I should've gotten that email last night or something.

Doesn't seem like Amazon has a clue about BotW Wii U shipping. Mine still has a delivery date of March 21st.

Was told today, "We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory."

I've had this game pre-ordered since 2015. What is going on?

Quick

Banned
Speaking with Amazon CS right now, I'm being offered an extra month on my Prime membership for the screw-up and it's being escalated to their supervisor.

MutFox

Banned
Switch shipping info on Amazon hasn't changed...
I want it release day... :(

Are there any stores that don't need a preorder?

MutFox

Banned
There's a Walmart near me...

I'll go line up at like 5 or something,
if by Thursday there's no change.

Have a copy of Zelda switch at an EB nearby.

chronosic

Too bad Bomberman R doesn't have release day delivery from Amazon. Even if it did ,I'm pretty sour about my Horizon pre-order with them not shipping until tomorrow. I'm just gonna play it safe and try and pick up a copy at EB on Friday.

z3phon

I give up. Tried to find a Switch but too late, should have pre-ordered one ages ago.
Wish someone who pre-ordered an extra were willing to let go of one.

Cisce: Dude thank you. Thanks to you're post I managed to order one from Best Buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom