• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to Amazon (again) because I'm annoying.

They told me since I'm a prime member and that I picked priority shipping that the Switch will ship on March 2nd and I'd get it March 3rd.

Don't get your hopes up. They have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE.

Amazon CS reps work remotely from their homes. They try to reassure customers but have no real ability to back up any of their claims.

hiim_haz

Banned
Don't get your hopes up. They have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE.

Amazon CS reps work remotely from their homes. They try to reassure customers but have no real ability to back up any of their claims.

We'll see.

They've usually been pretty good for me. I live closeby to the warehouse so if it is delayed past March 3rd I'll ask for a refund for the priority shipping.

Ondore

Meanwhile I'll be playing my $45 copy of Zelda Wii U fast to trade it in by April 2. Glad this offer came back.

What's going on April 2?

---

The perils of getting paid on Friday: Even though my preorder EB is doing a midnight opening, I get paid at like, 5am and have to pay it off with cash. Will be checking for an early opening tomorrow, but I'm Platinum so I'm not all that worried.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What's going on April 2?

---

The perils of getting paid on Friday: Even though my preorder EB is doing a midnight opening, I get paid at like, 5am and have to pay it off with cash. Will be checking for an early opening tomorrow, but I'm Platinum so I'm not all that worried.

Dont you have a credit card?

UberTag

I spoke to Amazon (again) because I'm annoying.

They told me since I'm a prime member and that I picked priority shipping that the Switch will ship on March 2nd and I'd get it March 3rd.
I gave up trusting Amazon on this a couple weeks back.
Main reason I swapped pre-orders to BestBuy.ca last week.

Moltenix

Wait a minute. EB renewed the double credit towards Switch stuff?!

Oh snap, how likely is there going to be systems readily available by the end of March or even a week or two after launch?

hiim_haz

Banned

I've got it pre-ordered at both, so I'll see whichever one comes in first and return the other. I was initially going to keep one for a friend but he won't be back in Canada for a while.

explodet

I moved a bunch of preorders to Best Buy as well, I'm still not a Prime member and even the pittance off reward points is better than nothing I guess.

Still grabbed those $9 cheaper Switch game preorders from Amazon though. I can wait for those, but I've got people waiting for Zelda that will not tolerate delays.

mdubs

Banned
f89a31571f.jpg

FrsDvl

I went to London Drugs today to ask about Switch, and they apparently aren't allowed to tell people if they're getting any in.. he just told me to show up early. So I might try them if Amazon drops the ball.

I want in!
Amazon disappointed me with the PS4 launch I rewarded them by pre-ordering the Switch with them along with Zelda.
My pro controller and my official Nintendo case are coming through Best Buy, gonna have a Pro controller and case probably days before the Switch arrives.

somethings up w/ best buy. Tried to view my order and I get the following error:

The following errors occurred:

We are currently unable to retrieve your order. Please try again later. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service. (0141)

Dolobill

somethings up w/ best buy. Tried to view my order and I get the following error:

We are currently unable to retrieve your order. Please try again later. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service. (0141)

I'm getting the same thing now.

Same thing for me. I'm taking this as a good sign that they are probably processing payment on these orders.

keakster

Same thing for me. I'm taking this as a good sign that they are probably processing payment on these orders.

They did post a notice in their community forums today encouraging people to make sure that delivery address and payment info were up to date for Switch orders

NYR

I'm able to log in to my order. It says:

Release Date: March 03, 2017
Delivered as early as March 03.

CazTGG

I'll be picking my pre-order up from Toys R Us on Day 1 so i'll be fine but most of the additional accessories I purchased won't be delivered until afterwards so it all balances out I guess?

keakster

Anyone know if EB's Switch pre-order trade in deal applies to the BotW amiibo as well?

Have a bunch of Wii U games to trade in but not many things to put them toward (my pre-orders are with BestBuy) ...

I'm able to log in to my order. It says:

Release Date: March 03, 2017
Delivered as early as March 03.

Same here. I did get a Day 1 Xbox One from bestbuy on release so I have faith. Every store must have their stock already with release only a few days away so I don't understand all the issues.

Same here. I did get a Day 1 Xbox One from bestbuy on release so I have faith. Every store must have their stock already with release only a few days away so I don't understand all the issues.

Bet they don't want any to be delivered Wednesday or Thursday to avoid Nintendo's wrath. Friday or later.

trixx

So EB called to notify me about switch midnight launch. Cool but I'd rather sleep and pick it up 9 in the morning. Hope ya'll get your shipments in

mdubs

Banned
I was able to call the Amazon warehouse that I presume my Nintendo™ Switch is located at, spoke to the floor manager and he assured me that it will be shipped out and that they would be fully staffed that day with no current call outs or people on vacation at the moment, all seems well there. So I then called UPS and spoke with the head delivery manager who will be in charge of picking up my Switch at the Amazon warehouse and delivering it to the UPS sorting facility, I asked for his license number so I could check his driving record to make sure he was the best choice to handle my Switch. I then called my local BRINKS security company and asked the prices on home/porch security officer to stand watch at my home since I will be at work on Friday and I don't want anyone taking my Switch off my porch during the 10 minute drive I have from my job to home, not too bad price wise, I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thinking of perhaps renting a faster vehicle for the week so my 10 minute drive is a little shorter just in case I need it.

From the US preorder thread, but LOL

Hey now

I haven't complained about Amazon shipping even once :p

We're all along together on this happy ride

I'll add the people who asked to be added soon

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
From the US preorder thread, but LOL

We're all along together on this happy ride

I'll add the people who asked to be added soon

Just a headsup mods dont approve of hype train/plane collages anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom