• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardus

No guarantees with them Amazon orders though. Mine still says March 7-9th despite ordering seconds after they were up and chucking then $5 extra for "priority shipping".

lol, I just talked to a rep and got it upgraded to priority free of charge. I opened with this.

Hi, It is now 2 days before the release of this product and Amazon does not have an estimated shipping date for this product. I was one of the first ones to order it as soon as it went up for the first time and it has gone up for pre-order after that so I should not be in a queue for this. I would appreciate it if you could upgrade the shipping for this product to Priority shipping.

I am not expecting much from this "upgrade" but we'll see.

Gitaroo

Make sure ypu check your invoice, amazon rep said he upgraded my hrz to 2 days shipping for free but ended up charging me 8 bucks

trying to see now if Amazon can change my BOTW order from Wii U to Switch.

I keep getting transferred to someone else, I've probably gone through 7 reps? It's really weird that no one is saying something before transferring me too. They all review the previous correspondence and then transfer me away without saying a word.

sikkinixx

It wouldn't surprise me if amazon dispatch it on monday or tuesday or even wed-thurs next week.

Amazon has been really good to me with release day stuff and the E3 deals are still saving me crazy money so I can't complain too badly. I've gotten a bunch of games early (Uncharted 4 was nearly a week early) so maybe it's karma coming back to delay this.

lol, I just talked to a rep and got it upgraded to priority free of charge. I opened with this.
I am not expecting much from this "upgrade" but we'll see.

I didn't think of asking. Oh well. I do have to admit their shipping is weird. The seemingly arbitrary "oh this is free same day with prime but this is only two day and this gets you release day but this doesn't and oh you forgot to select 2-day even though it's free with prime so why the hell would you ever select 3-5 day shipping?"

Like I'm Prime. It should default to fastest free shipping option every time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
trying to see now if Amazon can change my BOTW order from Wii U to Switch.

I keep getting transferred to someone else, I've probably gone through 7 reps? It's really weird that no one is saying something before transferring me too. They all review the previous correspondence and then transfer me away without saying a word.
I managed to basically get them to credit me the discount I would have gotten with the Wii U version to the Switch version, but YMMV.

I managed to basically get them to credit me the discount I would have gotten with the Wii U version to the Switch version, but YMMV.

I got them to do it. I'm very happy too, as it would be hard for me to justify the change from Wii U to Switch if I had to pay more for BOTW as well.

I got them to do it. I'm very happy too, as it would be hard for me to justify the change from Wii U to Switch if I had to pay more for BOTW as well.

Huh, lucky. My Zelda U preorder was with Best Buy and they didn't want to change it over to the Switch version. :\

UberTag

I didn't think of asking. Oh well. I do have to admit their shipping is weird. The seemingly arbitrary "oh this is free same day with prime but this is only two day and this gets you release day but this doesn't and oh you forgot to select 2-day even though it's free with prime so why the hell would you ever select 3-5 day shipping?"

Like I'm Prime. It should default to fastest free shipping option every time.
They won't retroactively upgrade your shipping on the orders you placed before you signed up for Prime. Additionally, you can't even manually upgrade those orders yourself.

For instance, I'm a Prime subscriber. If I make a new order today, my default shipping choice is "FREE Two-Day Shipping" so I would receive whatever I order no later than Friday.

However, if I go back to an order from before I signed up for Prime (let's say Horizon which hasn't shipped out yet and where my status is "not yet shipped" with an arrival date of March 9th-16th despite the fact that it's presently "in stock") and try to update the shipping, my choices are "FREE Shipping" (averages 4-8 business days), "Standard Shipping" (averages 3-5 business days), "Express Shipping" (averages 2-4 business days) and "Priority Shipping" (averages 1-2 business days).

All of the enhanced shipping choices (faster than free) would cost money. Hell, if I made a new order of Horizon TODAY it would still ship out faster than my existing one. And I can assure you that when I first placed that Horizon order back in 2015, "FREE Shipping" sure as hell didn't equate to 4-8 business days in parentheses. That was changed.

They won't retroactively upgrade your shipping on the orders you placed before you signed up for Prime. Additionally, you can't even manually upgrade those orders yourself.

For instance, I'm a Prime subscriber. If I make a new order today, my default shipping choice is "FREE Two-Day Shipping" so I would receive whatever I order no later than Friday.

However, if I go back to an order from before I signed up for Prime (let's say Horizon which hasn't shipped out yet and where my status is "not yet shipped" with an arrival date of March 9th-16th despite the fact that it's presently "in stock") and try to update the shipping, my choices are "FREE Shipping" (averages 4-8 business days), "Standard Shipping" (averages 3-5 business days), "Express Shipping" (averages 2-4 business days) and "Priority Shipping" (averages 1-2 business days).

All of the enhanced shipping choices (faster than free) would cost money. Hell, if I made a new order of Horizon TODAY it would still ship out faster than my existing one. And I can assure you that when I first placed that Horizon order back in 2015, "FREE Shipping" sure as hell didn't equate to 4-8 business days in parentheses. That was changed.

Surely you could ask CS to upgrade it to the free Prime level (Express) and they would for you? Have you tried?

UberTag

Surely you could ask CS to upgrade it to the free Prime level and they would for you? Have you tried?
Sure... if I have a reason to. I'm just illustrating the difference between shipping options.
Personally, I think it sucks for Amazon's overburdened CS department that customers aren't afforded the opportunity to adjust their shipping to Prime standards themselves.

I don't think they will allow you to do this trade if they aren't taking a pre-order. I guess trade it to accessories and games and just transfer it to the console after?

The fine print on the trade-in page on the website says "towards any pre-order or purchase of the Switch", so hopefully thats still the case. If not, then your idea is pretty much the same type of deal, good call!

add me to the switch club

just got one at bestbuy.ca through complete luck

8b2926083b.png
must be a later shipment if it says march 8th but better than nothing

Lexxism

The fine print on the trade-in page on the website says "towards any pre-order or purchase of the Switch", so hopefully thats still the case. If not, then your idea is pretty much the same type of deal, good call!
Yeah, they changed the terms. My mistake. It wasn't like that when they did the first trade-in. It seems you can trade your WiiU and will have just to wait for stocks to came in.

UberTag

Think Best Buy will be doing that all morning. Also, I think the further you are from the distribution warehouse (Langley I think), the sooner you'll be charged as it takes longer to ship to you.
I just got off the phone with Best Buy about my order and they were quite clear that I would not be charged (and my order would not be shipped) until Friday.
I may not be as far from a distribution warehouse as some people but historically I don't get anything from them the same day it ships out. It's almost always the day after.
This has me considering a cancellation to roll the dice with Walmart.

(For perspective, they shipped out Gravity Rush 2 to me a day early so it would reach me on its release day on the 20th of January... which it did.)

I just got off the phone with Best Buy about my order and they were quite clear that I would not be charged (and my order would not be shipped) until Friday.
I may not be as far from a distribution warehouse as some people but historically I don't get anything from them the same day it ships out. It's almost always the day after.
This has me considering a cancellation to roll the dice with Walmart.

Why cancel though? Best Buy returns are super easy, so if you can't snag a Walmart console day 1, at least you'll have one coming. If you csn get a Walmart console, just return your BB unit!

Also, my Horizon is still in Richmond, BC since Thursday morning. I am still in Ontario. How long should I wait before I ask Amazon for a refund? I don't think it's coming :(

UberTag

Man all the impatient people who are going to get two condoles and return one. Madness.
Super easy return process or not, I'd rather not have to babysit a $550 return credit for a week because Best Buy elected to cherry-pick which orders to ship out prior to release date versus others they did not.

I'll be cancelling and lining up in the cold if there's no movement on my order by the end of Thursday. I'll give you guys a heads up if you're looking to scoop up a Neon Switch if it comes down to that.

Metalgus

Banned
Hi. I've been a long time lurker, now Junior poster. I have a question for you. I pre-ordered Zelda BotW for Wii U mid-december on Amazon.ca when it was 64.99. I chose the free shipping option. What are the chances I'll be receiving the game on March 3 if I live in Montreal? Next to zero right?

Edit : Forgot to specify Amazon.ca sorry

It's going to be nice to just walk into a store a pick up a preordered console (2x deal at EB sold the Switch/Pro controller for me) for once rather than putting my hopes in Canada Post. I'll still be waiting on the SE of Zelda from Amazon though so it won't be that nice.

firelogic

If your Amazon Horizon order wasn't scheduled to ship until March 3rd or later, there may be some good news for you. I checked my order and it says it's shipping today and set to arrive by tomorrow. Just a heads up (as if you haven't been constantly checking already ^_^)

Mupod

Hi. I've been a long time lurker, now Junior poster. I have a question for you. I pre-ordered Zelda BotW for Wii U mid-december on Amazon.ca when it was 64.99. I chose the free shipping option. What are the chances I'll be receiving the game on March 3 if I live in Montreal? Next to zero right?

Edit : Forgot to specify Amazon.ca sorry

unlikely, yeah. They don't even hide their bias against non-Prime anymore. My Horizon has been 'shipping today' for 3 days now but the page says it won't go out until March 5.

The funny thing is I DO have a prime shipping release day order for Zelda. It'd make sense to just pack Horizon in with that, so I'm curious to see how far they'll go to screw over a free shipping order.

I might've asked this in the past and I apologize if I did.

Can you buy those nintendo game cards for the digital store and use them to buy zelda digitally on the nintendo e-store this weekend or next week (pending when I get my system)?

Metalgus

Banned
unlikely, yeah. They don't even hide their bias against non-Prime anymore. My Horizon has been 'shipping today' for 3 days now but the page says it won't go out until March 5.

The funny thing is I DO have a prime shipping release day order for Zelda. It'd make sense to just pack Horizon in with that, so I'm curious to see how far they'll go to screw over a free shipping order.

Ok thanks. I'll know not to get too excited if my order goes 'shipping today'.

tiijj

Ok thanks. I'll know not to get too excited if my order goes 'shipping today'.

I had an old order that I forgot to upgrade to prime shipping, its was "being shipped today" from monday night or tuesday morning last week, it didn't actually ship until sunday afternoon and I got it tuesday (yesterday).

saskuatch

aaannnd that's another reason why I pre-ordered online. for those going to stores, I sure the hell hope all stores as "1 per" limit.

I assumed most Walmart's are doing handing out tickets one per person for people in line. That's what they did for ps4 and my local one is doing for the switch

Getting nervous about picking my preorder at t r us on friday.

My luck i will get mine sold to some scalper,

I pre-ordered at TRU too so I'm in the same boat. I just have a bad feeling about it after learning they were taken pre-orders first, THEN ordering consoles and hoping to meet demand. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I can't help being a little paranoid.

aaannnd that's another reason why I pre-ordered online. for those going to stores, I sure the hell hope all stores as "1 per" limit.

Preordering in store isn't a problem either. I don't see what online has to do with it.

I had no problem with Toys R Us and my Wii U. You preorder a console and they hold it for you.

If you didn't preorder at all, that's the problem.

Preordering in store isn't a problem either. I don't see what online has to do with it.

I had no problem with Toys R Us and my Wii U. You preorder a console and they hold it for you.

If you didn't preorder at all, that's the problem.

I meant lining up (aka no pre-ordering) or walking into a store and hope to get one on friday

It's not like people with Prime get their stuff on time either. I don't more often than I do.

Returners

Super easy return process or not, I'd rather not have to babysit a $550 return credit for a week because Best Buy elected to cherry-pick which orders to ship out prior to release date versus others they did not.

I'll be cancelling and lining up in the cold if there's no movement on my order by the end of Thursday. I'll give you guys a heads up if you're looking to scoop up a Neon Switch if it comes down to that.

IIRC Bestbuy charges way early before ship. The worst is when your card is already charged before you try to cancel and it doesn't get to you on Friday.

I've been a Prime member since day 1 of Prime's existence. My Horizon has been sitting in Richmond, BC since Thursday and I live in Southwestern Ontario. I'd almost rather have chosen free shipping at this point!

Amazon hates us all equally but I can't resist those bargains. I'm a masochist.

Samemind

So I've got this Switch on amazon on standby, but the microplay 3 minutes from my place is doing a midnight launch.

Now I have to pray that Amazon doesn't decide to try shipping the Switch in that danger zone where it's too late to cancel but also too late to get it to me before the weekend.

Mine is coming march 3.

Go to to your best buy order and copy the shipping Id.

Then go to canada post and select reference # for tracking and select March 1 as the start & end date.

When I did, I got the date range of :Date Range : 2017/03/01 - 2017/03/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom