• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

Me in about 40 hours:

Camphouse.gif

Ryde3

Mine is coming march 3.

Go to to your best buy order and copy the shipping Id.

Then go to canada post and select reference # for tracking and select March 1 as the start & end date.

When I did, I got the date range of :Date Range : 2017/03/01 - 2017/03/01

I just did this and got the same results! Wooh!

Dolobill

Mine is coming march 3.

Then go to canada post and select reference # for tracking and select March 1 as the start & end date.

That's not how it works. 2017/03/01 is today's date. It's just showing you the date range that you already selected.

LowRoller

Mine is coming march 3.

I don't think that's how it works.

NYR

Mine is coming march 3.

Hmm, not sure about this actually being true.

Delivery status

Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXX
Date Range : 2017/03/01 - 2017/03/01

We were not able to find any results

Please check your reference number and enter it again.

Mine is coming march 3.

Nothing for me on either of my shipping IDs (switch and pro controller). But neither of my orders are Jan 12th ones.

EDIT: oops i didn't notice the next page when i replied.... nevermind, not trying to pile on!

Does an ebgames need a switch to be in stock before i can do a tradein for a wiiu trade-in?
I stupidly forgot to check my email the past 3 days so my CC expired and my pre-order from best buy got cancelled :(

Lexxism

Does an ebgames need a switch to be in stock before i can do a tradein for a wiiu trade-in?
I stupidly forgot to check my email the past 3 days so my CC expired and my pre-order from best buy got cancelled :(
It seems like they changed their terms and you don't have to.

Metalgus

Banned
I have another question. I don't have much experience shopping at BB, either in store or online. Does the Reserve In Store option work for games on their release date? I'm thinking I'd try to reserve a copy of Zelda Wii U this Friday before going to the store.

Kyolux

I have another question. I don't have much experience shopping at BB, either in store or online. Does the Reserve In Store option work for games on their release date? I'm thinking I'd try to reserve a copy of Zelda Wii U this Friday before going to the store.

I doubt they will allow any reserve in store this Friday. At least in the morning.

My plan on Friday, is to oversleep since I took a day off. Then check if my BB copy of Zelda Wii U is out for delivery on that day or not. If not, go to Best buy once I assume they ran out of Switch. And just pick up a Zelda U copy there.

Metalgus

Banned
I doubt they will allow any reserve in store this Friday. At least in the morning.

My plan on Friday, is to oversleep since I took a day off. Then check if my BB copy of Zelda Wii U is out for delivery on that day or not. If not, go to Best buy once I assume they ran out of Switch. And just pick up a Zelda U copy there.

Yeah, that makes sense. Don't want to mingle with the Switch crowd if I don't need to.

EB Games is doing the 2x trade in deal again? Damn I gotta get some old stuff I have hanging around over there again, thats a great deal.

I really do hope Best Buy ships my Switch today. Living in Saskatchewan means I'm about as far away from the shipping depots as possible, so if it doesn't go out today I have zero chance of getting it before the weekend.

tiijj

With all the pre-order and day one hope. I remember the Wii launch, it was launched on Nov 19, 2006 which was a Sunday. It was a weird release day, I guess pre-order is not as prevalent as before.

Agreed, I'm stoked but I could survive until mid next week if I had to.

If you have your pre-order with amazon, expect it to be friday next week for prime and in 2 weeks if you don't. With prime I'm hoping for friday or early next week but I expect them to shift it next thursday.

Banned
Even with prime and the most expensive and fastest shipping, Amazon still says they aren't shipping the switch till Monday the 6th. Lol. This fucking company.

Even with prime and the most expensive and fastest shipping, Amazon still says they aren't shipping the switch till Monday the 6th. Lol. This fucking company.

That might just be a placeholder. They'd at least get their stock by Friday and ship it out then, I assume.

tgraham

Neo Member
It seems like they changed their terms and you don't have to.

Do you know if they will let you switch your credits over from other switch stuff to the switch console now? They wouldn't let me do it at the time because they said the console had to be in stock to do so. Thanks

DamnBoxes

With all the pre-order and day one hope. I remember the Wii launch, it was launched on Nov 19, 2006 which was a Sunday. It was a weird release day, I guess pre-order is not as prevalent as before.

Was first in line at my local BestBuy on that day... we waited from about 10:00 PM on Saturday night until 6:00 AM. People brought heaters, chairs, a big table; someone brought a small TV + Gamecube + four controllers + Smash Bros. Melee, it was great!

Got my Wii, went home, played Twilight Princess and Wii Sports... sold the console about four months later. Those were some goooood times.

Lexxism

Based on the digital foundry review, anything over 5V/2.1A power bank will work on the system. 10000mah gave the system an extra 4 hours of play with max brightness and speaker. Not bad. Looking forward to 20k+ power bank.

FN-2187

This thread is why video games and consoles should never release of Fridays (or Saturday or Sundays), especially in this day and age of online shopping. Is it that hard to release mid-week? People want their shiny new things for the weekend. I am sure most people wouldn't care if the Switch launched on a Tuesday, but they wouldn't get it until Wednesday. I know I wouldn't care if my Zelda Wii U arrived one day late, but man am I going to be disappointed to not be able to play it this weekend! I get almost no time during the week to play games, so if I don't get it Friday, I might as well be getting it a week late.

This thread is why video games and consoles should never release of Fridays (or Saturday or Sundays), especially in this day and age of online shopping. Is it that hard to release mid-week? People want their shiny new things for the weekend. I am sure most people wouldn't care if the Switch launched on a Tuesday, but they wouldn't get it until Wednesday. I know I wouldn't care if my Zelda Wii U arrived one day late, but man am I going to be disappointed to not be able to play it this weekend! I get almost no time during the week to play games, so if I don't get it Friday, I might as well be getting it a week late.

Agreed, I absolutely hate Nintendo's Friday release schedule. It's terrible for people who do online orders.

Rufuscrim

Neo Member

I think a big reason for this has to do with the logistics of shipping more than anything. These things are coming in hot and need the workweek's fleet of shipping folks to get the consoles to stores, rather than have them sit in boxes over the weekend to get leaked, stolen, set on fire, etc.

a916

This is the first time in a while where I don't care when I get something everyone is rabid for (the Switch)... it'll happen in a month or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom