• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

I think you mean:

pSomAP5.gif

wvV8c6i.png

Kiro

This.

There's SO many PS4 games on backlog, wouldnt even notice if Zelda comes in a month.

But if you paid for Day 1, you should be getting it Day 1, it's only fair.

Seriously, I have Horizon, FFXV, MGSV and Overwatch if need be. And that doesn't include me trying to finish my last 3 wii U games and 3ds ganes.

If you have your pre-order with amazon, expect it to be friday next week for prime and in 2 weeks if you don't. With prime I'm hoping for friday or early next week but I expect them to shift it next thursday.

Bestbuy. I full expect it to deliver Friday, miss me cause I'll be at school and I'll pick it up Saturday. Or Monday. Whatever works for them! I'll just be annoyed if my stuff from BB comes at different times (3 orders). I don't want to just stare at a zelda game box.

tiijj

Amazon is selling more Switches starting at 3 AM EST on Friday, Prime only, with free same-day shipping available for Toronto and Vancouver, 1 day Montreal, 2 day shipping elsewhere:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/01/amazon-canada-sell-nintendo-switch-prime-perk-march-3/

I would think this implies that prior orders will be release day in Toronto/Vancouver

Wish they put where amazon announced the same day shipping.

Lol if someone who orders at 3AM Friday gets it before the rest of us...

Pretty much this, it's BB PS4 all over again for me :(

Oh they will. There's been some really screwy things happening with Amazon's shipping. More so then the norm. Horizon is a very good example. I've had it pre-ordered since 2015. Hasn't shipped yet due to stock issues. Yet a friend ordered it last week. Received it Monday.

qdRpb.gif

espher

I bought the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 mAh Type-C
Went up $2 since I bought it though.

Yeah, I was looking at it, decided to sleep on it, went back the next day and it was up $2 haha. I ended up pulling the trigger on it - took four business days for Amazon prime two-day shipping, though. A+, blessed Maritimes.

It's a pretty slick unit. First portable power bank I've purchased. Smaller than I expected, but heavier than I would have expected for the size I guess.

bit off-topic but anyone else took today - friday off from work because of NHL trade deadline day & the switch hopefully coming later this week?

I took today off for the deadline as I have every day for the past twelve years. Best news of the day is Jay and Dan coming back to TSN. I didn't bother taking Friday or Monday off, because, well, Maritimes. I would be surprised if I got my Switch/games/amiibo/accessories before next Wednesday tbqh.

Or this 47.99 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B019IEPGAC/

It doesn't come with usb-c to usb-c cable tho.

The RavPower stuff reviews pretty well. I went with the Anker based on word-of-mouth from friends, though I don't think you could go wrong with either vendor.

r3n4ud

Oh they will. There's been some really screwy things happening with Amazon's shipping. More so then the norm. Horizon is a very good example. I've had it pre-ordered since 2015. Hasn't shipped yet due to stock issues. Yet a friend ordered it last week. Received it Monday.

qdRpb.gif
My 2015 preorder never shipped as well. I preordered another copy last Wednesday and it came in Monday.

So ya, dunno what's going on over there.

Windam

Scaley member
Amazon is selling more Switches starting at 3 AM EST on Friday, Prime only, with free same-day shipping available for Toronto and Vancouver, 1 day Montreal, 2 day shipping elsewhere:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/01/amazon-canada-sell-nintendo-switch-prime-perk-march-3/

I would think this implies that prior orders will be release day in Toronto/Vancouver

...Guess I'll give this a whirl.

UberTag

Anybody buying a Powerbank for the Switch?

Any recommendations?
I nabbed the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 from Amazon roughly a week ago. Snapped one up primarily for when I need to keep my phone charged during film festival season but I went for the USB-C model to keep the Switch charged as well. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Heh... looks like I have some company...

Got an Anker one from amazon for my iPad Air 2 and it works wonderfully! Got like 3-4 full charges out of it. Incredible.

Will use it for Switch
I bought the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 mAh Type-C
Went up $2 since I bought it though.

To power the dock / system. I figure they think they need a longer cable than the include one, maybe they're planning to put their dock farther from their TV.

Ah. Never noticed that the AC adapter for the dock was USB-C too.

But of course that makes sense as the adapter has to be able to be used in portable mode too.

Kinda dumb they don't include a way to charge it, if you take it with you for hand held gaming, unless you disconnect the cord from the dock and take it with you

saskuatch

Kinda dumb they don't include a way to charge it, if you take it with you for hand held gaming, unless you disconnect the cord from the dock and take it with you

I can just use my phone charging adapter, i am hoping the Google pixel one works with the switch. Else I would need to buy a cheap one just for the switch

I can just use my phone charging adapter, i am hoping the Google pixel one works with the switch. Else I would need to buy a cheap one just for the switch

Will be interesting to see how it charges using other adapters.

And the Nintendo branded AC adapted is $40!!!! That's seems expensive.

Banned
That might just be a placeholder. They'd at least get their stock by Friday and ship it out then, I assume.
Based on that stolen Switch from a retailers warehouse, I would bet that Amazon and all the retailers out there already have the Switch's in their warehouses and just won't ship it until Thursday at the earliest.

Woo, the EB I pre-ordered at is now listed as 8AM open on Friday.
I would have been shocked if they weren't.

Does EB actually provide a link on their website to early openings? I know we have a link on GAF to their website but I don't actually see where they advertise it on their site.

Dalius

Best Buy Switch order (placed Jan 13th) is still "In Progress", Zelda & Pro Controller on Amazon say it isn't arriving until next week.

I'm used to Amazon saying it'll be late but getting it on time, but I'm not very experienced with Best Buy. If they aren't shipping any Switch units out of their Ontario distribution centre, I probably won't be getting it Friday :(

It's on the midnight and early opening at the bottom right

Then early openings bar at the bottom.

lol. Thanks. I keep missing it. I am used to the strip they had at the top.

Finn Wolfhand is going to be at the flaship store in Toronto for the midnight launch. Surprised he's allowed to stay up that late.

zroid

Banned
Will be interesting to see how it charges using other adapters.

And the Nintendo branded AC adapted is $40!!!! That's seems expensive.

I heard from a preview somewhere that the Switch will charge over USB but it may not get enough power to charge while in use. But you can charge it using a basic USB port when it's in standby or off, probably. Maybe a proper USB-C powered source will allow it to charge even while in use though.

Out of curiosity why do you need a USB C cable for a docked Switch?

As others have said, it turns out the console charges using USB-C as well but the included one seems super short. I'll need to be plugging my Switch into an outlet that's pretty far away from the TV when docked, so a longer one is needed :)

Definitely going to wait and see until I have it in my hands though. Maybe it's longer than it looks in pictures. Have we gotten any official numbers? I've heard the HDMI cord is short as well.

I heard from a preview somewhere that the Switch will charge over USB but it may not get enough power to charge while in use. But you can charge it using a basic USB port when it's in standby or off, probably. Maybe a proper USB-C powered source will allow it to charge even while in use though.

That's what I've read as well. Standard USB adaptors will slowly charge it, but not enough to play while charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom