• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nabbed a portable charger during the Pokemon Go craze last year, and was super excited that it'd be usable on the Switch.

Kinda bummed that the USB slot is on the bottom, so you wouldn't be able to keep it plugged in while it's on it's stand. Though I won't really know how much stand use I'll get out of the thing until I get one....eventually.

tiijj

I nabbed a portable charger during the Pokemon Go craze last year, and was super excited that it'd be usable on the Switch.

Kinda bummed that the USB slot is on the bottom, so you wouldn't be able to keep it plugged in while it's on it's stand. Though I won't really know how much stand use I'll get out of the thing until I get one....eventually.

Just get a stand like the Hori play stand. The kickstand is a fail anyway. LOL
R6oWLpQ.jpg

Part of me kinda wishes my Switch was definitely arriving this week but BOTW isn't arriving till the next so it's probably for the best.

Conezays

For what it's worth (probably not much), Amazon chat's response to me quoting the Mobile Syrup article:

"I know you are anxious to receive the Nintendo Switch, but release day delivery isn't available on this item. I'm very sorry that the article provided incorrect information. We quite often offer release day delivery on preorders and some even include same day delivery. Unfortunately, this item isn't included in that grouping."

UberTag

lol. Thanks. I keep missing it. I am used to the strip they had at the top.

Finn Wolfhand is going to be at the flaship store in Toronto for the midnight launch. Surprised he's allowed to stay up that late.
That's a clear tell for the diehard gamers to go line up at the Eaton Centre EBGames just down the street. There will be less hype and commotion.

As others have said, it turns out the console charges using USB-C as well but the included one seems super short. I'll need to be plugging my Switch into an outlet that's pretty far away from the TV when docked, so a longer one is needed :)

Definitely going to wait and see until I have it in my hands though. Maybe it's longer than it looks in pictures. Have we gotten any official numbers? I've heard the HDMI cord is short as well.
When in doubt, assume all cords from Nintendo are sized for your typical Japanese gamer that lives inside an apartment the size of a broom closet.

N° 2048

lol wtf is going on with Zelda for Wii U?

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Davide

Just ordered Zelda Wii U on Amazon and had to pay the $4 for shipping to get it on release date, express would have been March 8-10.

N° 2048

Both my wii u and switch zelda botw has the same status.

Joshi: I've checked and see this order will be released on March 3, 2017.
As this order was pre ordered, we will fulfill this order with high priority.
Please con't be worries, as soon as this oder ships, you will receive email confirmation with tracking details.
Me: Ok, thanks.
It should arrive Friday then?
Joshi: * don't
Yes, you can surely expect this order on time.
Me: Ok, thank you.

It's probably not coming lol

MutFox

Banned
2 days from release and Amazon hasn't changed anything for my Switch.

I also preordered the morning they 1st went on preorder.
Like in the first few seconds.

I'm cancelling tomorrow night if nothing changes and lining up at Walmart.

Also, will never preorder from Amazon ever again.

I can't fathom people still whining about Amazon's shipping speed. We all know this is an issue, when will you finally learn and just deal with it?

MutFox

Banned
I can't fathom people still whining about Amazon's shipping speed. We all know this is an issue, when will you finally learn and just deal with it?

I will deal with it, by getting a Switch at retail.
Got a Wii that way at launch. (with no preorder)

Just thought I'd give Amazon a try this launch.

Lexxism

Wait, does the Switch not come with the necessary cables to charge it without plugging it into a dock? What will I need?
It only comes with 1 power brick which you can use for docked or portable. You can use a usb-a to usb-c or usb-c to usb-c cable. Then buy a power bank.

Keyouta

I don't understand why you'd cancel it :/
It was only Zelda I have preordered. I wanted the discount. I've never traded in any games before, but I asked EB about a few games for Wii U that I'd like to trade in, and was told the credit would allow me to get Zelda for free and over $100 off the console.

Dreavus

I'm letting my Wii U breath of the Wild preorder ride out, but haven't heard anything from Amazon.ca yet. Is this normal? There was an email a month or so back saying this:
We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on June 18, 2015 (Order ####):

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

It just seemed like a weird message to send when the release date has long been known.

EDIT: Actually reading a few responses up, it appears I'm not the only one.

Is there a limited edition of Fire Emblem Echoes that I'll have furiously refresh amazon for every morning like I did with Fates or has Nintendo spared us?

Waiting for any news on Best Buy shipping Switches...

Every time I see this thread update, I feel like the guy in the gif who opens up his fridge but leaves disappointed

Firestorm

It comes with an AC Adapter USB-C charger which you can plug into the dock or directly to the Switch.
Alright found an unboxing video and the ac adapter isn't too big. Looks fine to use. Though what the hell at the USB-C slot being at the bottom of the unit so it can't be propped up while charging. Why do companies keep designing like this ugh

It is possible that best buy is just concentrating on getting everything switch related shipped and will update everyone's order/payment & shipping confirmation/info later tonight or tomorrow.

Think that happened to me when I ordered the original Apple Watch at launch. Wasn't expecting it for a few days after the expected delivery date; however, the next day, it was out for delivery.

Bluenoser

Edit- changed my mind, guess I'll keep it- not like there's really any benefit in waiting, since Nintendo stuff never drops in price.

tiijj

Alright found an unboxing video and the ac adapter isn't too big. Looks fine to use. Though what the hell at the USB-C slot being at the bottom of the unit so it can't be propped up while charging. Why do companies keep designing like this ugh

They designed it like that for easy docking which is one of their main "gimmick"

It is possible that best buy is just concentrating on getting everything switch related shipped and will update everyone's order/payment & shipping confirmation/info later tonight or tomorrow.

Think that happened to me when I ordered the original Apple Watch at launch. Wasn't expecting it for a few days after the expected delivery date; however, the next day, it was out for delivery.
Pretty much. Systems like these are automated but can easily get bogged down. One time it never updated and I got my package lol

It was only Zelda I have preordered. I wanted the discount. I've never traded in any games before, but I asked EB about a few games for Wii U that I'd like to trade in, and was told the credit would allow me to get Zelda for free and over $100 off the console.

You're missing out! Trade ins are really easy there. This year's promos have been really generous too.

It's bizarre for amazon to not have any order progression, or even an estimated ship/delivery date. I have no clue at all if they will make good on my special edition zelda order. My console order is with the source. Also no signs of life there either. At this point I have no idea if/when I'm getting anything.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wonder what the chances are of me being able to walk in EB Games on Friday morning and get a Switch.

Had no intention of getting one but the double trade promo is tempting since I have a bunch of titles lying around I could trade.

Wonder what the chances are of me being able to walk in EB Games on Friday morning and get a Switch.

Had no intention of getting one but the double trade promo is tempting since I have a bunch of titles lying around I could trade.

EB? not a chance. Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Best Buy, and maybe Shoppers Drug Mart - you may have a chance.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB? not a chance. Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Best Buy, and maybe Shoppers Drug Mart - you may have a chance.

I just called my EB and they said they'll have some available for walkins. Im down to go lineup for an hour or so before opening but none of that camping overnight stuff.

FN-2187

I doubt you could get one at an EB but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us. Despite all of the excitement around here, I really doubt the Switch is going to have mainstream success in Canada at $399 with no pack-in. I'll happily be proven wrong though as I love Nintendo and want them to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom