• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

got the call from my local EB

Grey switch( The Best One ) , zelda, pro controller, and hori premium screen protector are in for me.

Sadly no hori play stand :( I forgot to ask if possibly that could show up tmw.

tiijj

They will ship tomorrow night...

I probably should've pre-ordered at EB,

RIght now there are three big store that has online preorder: eb, bb, and amazon. Let us see who wins and who loses. I'll use this to determine my future PS5 or Xbox Two or Xbox Zero pre-order. LOL

got the call from my local EB

Grey switch( The Best One ) , zelda, pro controller, and hori premium screen protector are in for me.

Sadly no hori play stand :( I forgot to ask if possibly that could show up tmw.

EB has the premium? I can only find the regular one on their site.

My brother has not yet been charged for his Best Buy.ca Switch Pre-Order yet, anyone else?

Edit: Just checked the last page lol. Guess he's not the only one.

Iced

Grey switch( The Best One )

R3SRVPS.gif

Alright found an unboxing video and the ac adapter isn't too big. Looks fine to use. Though what the hell at the USB-C slot being at the bottom of the unit so it can't be propped up while charging. Why do companies keep designing like this ugh

So they can also sell you accessories

Sapiens

My brother has not yet been charged for his Best Buy.ca Switch Pre-Order yet, anyone else?

Edit: Just checked the last page lol. Guess he's not the only one.

Not been charged either. At this point, I'm not counting on getting my switch before Monday.

sikkinixx

I have the $60 amazon charged for my Horizon order

But I also have a $0.00 charge from Amazon showing from yesterday... hmmmmmmm SWITCH YOU BETTER BE COMING

terrible

Banned
My memory of the PS4 launch shipping from Best Buy was wrong. I thought it shipped the Monday after the Friday release but nope, I didn't get it until a full 7 days after release since it shipped the next Thursday according to my invoice (I just checked). Now I remember why I was so mad. I pretty much expect the same with the Switch now.

My memory of the PS4 launch shipping from Best Buy was wrong. I thought it shipped the Monday after the Friday release but nope, I didn't get it until a full 7 days after release since it shipped the next Thursday according to my invoice (I just checked). Now I remember why I was so mad. I pretty much expect the same with the Switch now.

Best Buy had no respect for Knack.

tiijj

Mine shipped friday afternoon/night, I received it mon-tues.

Some got theirs as early as tues-wed before launch.

Savitar

I'm suppose to be getting back a few thousand back so I half kind of want to get a switch now, but at the same time I don't trust Nintendo to not release a better version two years down the road.

Fularu

Banned

I got mine two days before launch with BB

iphys

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Switch is in the Shoppers flyer for next week, not that I honestly expect them to not put them out till the 20x on Saturday. If it's anything like the Wii U launch it's probably 2 systems per store and both claimed by employees before hitting the shelves. Still, decent chance they will carry Zelda then, and maybe that will last till Saturday for the 20x if they have extra copies like other places.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still no movement on Horizon. Looks like I'll be having words with Amazon tomorrow, again.

my bestbuy pre-order also still says

"Scheduled to be shipped via Canada Post
Delivered February 28"

:lol

yeaaaah no.

At least I got the pre-order bonus e-mail so I was able to just use that with the copy I picked up in-store and I won't get to return the mailed-copy until the weekend anyway so I don't really care anymore.

I really hope Best Buy gets their E3 shit in order because I hate talking with Amazon customer service every time something releases. The thing is, this never used to be a problem before. A game would come out, it would ship out on release day, and I'd get it the next day. Now I'm waiting days (and in the case of FFXV, over a week) after release for items to ship, and that's after making a fuss with their customer service.

Fuck.

UberTag

End of Friday for tracking? RIP in peace BB buyers
I will give Best Buy props for remaining consistent in their messaging. Granted, it's bad news but they have been consistent about it.
I'll take that any day over Amazon reps giving every answer under the sun without any consistency whatsoever.

That said, I'm probably still cancelling my order tomorrow and lining up outside a Walmart.

keakster

Some update from BB

jCUwm15.png

They are trying to stem the tide of people calling their help centre with questions. I'm hopeful that delivery will at least be attempted on Friday, which means if I miss it I can pick up later in the evening at the post office

nath999

I knew it Bestbuy always does this shit. Same thing happened to me on XB1 and PS4 Launch dates. On PS4 launch the shipping dated updated the morning of launch and I wasn't able to get my console until Monday.

UberTag

I knew it Bestbuy always does this shit. Same thing happened to me on XB1 and PS4 Launch dates. On PS4 launch the shipping dated updated the morning of launch and I wasn't able to get my console until Monday.
I'm not sure I buy that this Best Buy's fault this time.
I think Nintendo of Canada decided to be extra anal and bar ALL online retailers from shipping Switch product until after midnight Eastern on Friday due to potential street date violation concerns.
This, despite the fact, that Switches are out in the wild already in many foreign markets where street dates have lax or non-existent policing.
And also, this, despite the fact that Nintendo of America have imposed no such restriction and are making getting the product in everyone's hands for the 3rd in the US a priority.
In fact, having a pre-order at Amazon.com ... and not Amazon.ca... might have been the forward thinking play this time around (outside of pre-ordering at brick & mortar retail).

Thanks to the Best Buy trick I now have a Switch pre order. Says it'll arrive next Wednesday.

Just have to find a way to explain it to my wife now. :)

Are you guys reading something different than me? I feel like I'm in crazy town. He said most people well have it delivered on Friday. Some will be later depending on where you live...

Haines

Banned
Called toys r us.

Said everyone's preorder will be filled and they have 9 to sell to public on release day.

So if your looking for a release day grab try calling and asking.

Are you guys reading something different than me? I feel like I'm in crazy town. He said most people well have it delivered on Friday. Some will be later depending on where you live...
Reading that as well. I think if you live in a major city (Calgary, Edmonton,etc) you should have it on Friday. But if you live in a small town, next week.

Porkepik

Sigh... That is typical me deciding I want a new console two days before release so I guess I'm screwed now.
Well if you have a microplay nearby its worth a look , I decided today as well and scored one of their 2 remaining preorders available out of 37 (26 grey and 11 neon )
Sold back my new 3ds xl and some games laying around and will have to pay around 200$ out of pocket. The switch will be my portable console for work. 😊Mmmm mainline zelda on the go 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom