• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which trick is this? :p

I managed to snag a Neon pre-order @ Bestbuy.ca. It was pretty fun and felt like a really low-stakes mission impossible. Happy to have done it cuz the process could be useful for pre-ordering anything else on the site. Here's how if anyone wants to do it:

Step 1: Add to cart
Since it's out of stock you can't add it normally, but if you right click the "add to cart" button and click "inspect" it opens the console, from there you can search (ctrl+F) "btn btn-primary disabled" than just manually change "disabled" to "enabled", close the console and you can add it to your cart.

Step 2: Checkout
From there you have to refresh the page until the Switch is marked as "In stock", this lasts less than 30 seconds so you have to go through the checkout process really quickly, so try to have all you info pre-filled (paypal works better, since the regular checkout makes you write you CVC number each time. You can change the payment method after the transaction easily). When someone cancels a pre-order, it doesn't go back online immediately, it waits until the inventory refreshes which seems to be at random intervals (it's at weird times, mine went through at 6:32) but I got to the Paypal screen like once every hour or two.

Of course clicking checkout all day gets really tedious so I don't recommend doing that, instead I used the "iMacros" extension for Chrome. it's pretty ugly but it works. Record yourself clicking on the Paypal button, stop recording, save the macro, go to the "Play" tab, click on your #Current.iim macro, change your "Max" number to something really high, and press play loop. If you go to the "Manage" tab and then click "Edit Macro" you can modify it so it's more effective. Here's what I wrote:

Code:
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_CP_btnPayPal
WAIT SECONDS=7

I changed it so it doesn't reload the page as a first step cuz it made me go out of the Paypal screen since I wasn't quick enough to stop the loop and I added wait time because going too fast seem to give bad results and I got to the Paypal screen less often.

Have fun!

Had it at checkout screen 3 times and it went through today. Thanks JRBechard!

hiim_haz

Banned
Amazon is crazy fam. I called to give them feedback on the varying answers I've gotten. Woman told me no one is getting their pre orders on March 3rd if they ordered on Amazon lol.

tiijj

Are you guys reading something different than me? I feel like I'm in crazy town. He said most people well have it delivered on Friday. Some will be later depending on where you live...

Aside from uncontrollable factors, there are two things that will determine when you're going to get it. The first is your location and the other is when they dispatch it. Your location determines how long it will take from their warehouse to your place, you can check it out here.

The other one is sort of uncontrollable. The way I see it is that under normal circumstances if you live close to the warehouse you'll get it the next day, that is if they ship the item the day before, which is thursday. If they don't ship it on thursday, they will ship it on friday which is what the other part of what he said (wait until the end of friday to receive the tracking number).

Here's the bad part which might affect when they ship your items, when your location is farther from the warehouse they have to ship it earlier than normal and when you live close they will ship it at a later. I can only guess on this part but they might have a lot of items to ship and they might not be able to ship all the items at the right time in order for the item to arrive exactly on friday. So even if you live close by, they might have to ship yours on friday since they might not be able to send out all the items by thursday.

Right now, it's less than 2 days away, so I'm guessing at the earliest people will be getting their card charge tonight, hopefully. If not, ouch for everyone who doesn't live anywhere close to the warehouse.

Aside from uncontrollable factors, there are two things that will determine when you're going to get it. The first is your location and the other is when they dispatch it. Your location determines how long it will take from their warehouse to your place, you can check it out here.

The other one is sort of uncontrollable. The way I see it is that under normal circumstances if you live close to the warehouse you'll get it the next day, that is if they ship the item the day before, which is thursday. If they don't ship it on thursday, they will ship it on friday which is what the other part of what he said (wait until the end of friday to receive the tracking number).

Here's the bad part which might affect when they ship your items, when your location is farther from the warehouse they have to ship it earlier than normal and when you live close they will ship it at a later. I can only guess on this part but they might have a lot of items to ship and they might not be able to ship all the items at the right time in order for the item to arrive exactly on friday. So even if you live close by, they might have to ship yours on friday since they might not be able to send out all the items by thursday.
I live in toronto and pretty close to the warehouse and have never not received anything on day 1 with free shipping so in the end I don't think there's a way to figure out how they do things and in what order, but what you can say is that generally, most people will get it on day 1, and if you live somewhere that for some reason is prioritized less, you'll get it later. Or if you were just one of the late pre-orders.

Of course I'm jinxing it now :p

But that's just tricking the website. What if they actually don't have enough stock? They're not going to get a console out of thin air.

If they don't have enough stock I'm screwed either way. Assuming it's just a cancelled pre order going back up though. It's listed as in progress with a confirmation so I'm assuming all is good. And if not there was no harm in trying.

tiijj

I live in toronto and pretty close to the warehouse and have never not received anything on day 1 with free shipping so in the end I don't think there's a way to figure out how they do things and in what order, but what you can say is that generally, most people will get it on day 1, and if you live somewhere that for some reason is prioritized less, you'll get it later. Or if you were just one of the late pre-orders.

Of course I'm jinxing it now :p

It might not be the same as before but from my experience from the PS4 pre-order, they don't prioritize when you pre-ordered your items.

JRBechard

But that's just tricking the website. What if they actually don't have enough stock? They're not going to get a console out of thin air.
It only is a trick for the first step, the second insures you get a real pre-order through as soon as they come back online. Of course I can't speak with 100% confidence cuz I don't work at Best Buy and don't know how their inventory works but it's not a glitch its just optimising the checkout process to be as quick as possible

itschris

My Horizon finally shipped. Now I wait to see how long Canada Post takes their time with it.

Same here. My Zelda (Wii U) also finally changed from "We need a little more time to provide you with an estimate":

7buAH9J.png

Not great, but at least I should get to start playing Horizon tomorrow.

Amazon always over estimates my deliveries. Don't use em much anymore but they 100% always do that when I do.

It might not be the same as before but from my experience from the PS4 pre-order, they don't prioritize when you pre-ordered your items.
I think it's a variety of factors like when you pre-ordered you're based in a batch. Then they further divide the batches by location. Who knows what else.

tiijj

I think it's a variety of factors like when you pre-ordered you're based in a batch. Then they further divide the batches by location. Who knows what else.

I had mine pre-ordered on the first batch, the gamersclub special 24 hrs only limited quantity stock lol. It shipped on friday afternoon/night lol.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Sweet. BestBuy adjusted the BotW SE price. Initially was 139.99 but sometime they dropped it to 129.99. Didn't want to call in and have someone mess up my order but their system actually works! Here's hoping we get our shipping emails by end of business day tomorrow

Sealtest

I know not a lot of people play MTG on here but does anyone know a place cheaper then $229 + shipping Canadian for Modern Masters 2017?

I currently have a place in-town who is telling me $140 for a box but I'm pretty sure he's gonna screw me over so I need some sort of back up.

Haines

Banned
I know not a lot of people play MTG on here but does anyone know a place cheaper then $229 + shipping Canadian for Modern Masters 2017?

I currently have a place in-town who is telling me $140 for a box but I'm pretty sure he's gonna screw me over so I need some sort of back up.

There is a magic thread in community forum. They might be able to help you better.

My buddy who bought cards just went to the cheapest shop in our town for preorder price, but we have like 6 shops so they compete a bit.

Myself, magic is so bloody expensive, never paid for more than a sealed tourney

zroid

Banned
If the 24 hour Shoppers near me has Switches available, I'm not going to be able to control myself on Friday at midnight

keakster

Sweet. BestBuy adjusted the BotW SE price. Initially was 139.99 but sometime they dropped it to 129.99. Didn't want to call in and have someone mess up my order but their system actually works! Here's hoping we get our shipping emails by end of business day tomorrow

Nice, just happened for me as well. I'm hoping this means that shipping is coming soon.

Qwyjibo

Sooo, anyone else waiting and hoping we also get price drops on the GTX 1080 now? I still have my "free" $40 from signing up for the NCIX app months ago...

Proc

So tempting to bring that switch price down with the trade in deal at ebgames.

I just find it harder to want to let go when I've been a lot choosier with my purchases. I have a ton of games I fee like I'll never get to but that doesn't mean I don't want to get to them.

Such a predictament. Part of me thinks the value of the wiiu will rise past $150 in the years to come. I'd only feel good about it if ninentdo confirmed all of my favourites would be ported to the switch.

I could slim down my PS4 collection from boxing week but I don't feel disdain for any of them.

Anyone else going through this mind exercise? ~$650 is a lot for Zelda se, pro and switch to swallow.

I just find it harder to want to let go when I've been a lot choosier with my purchases. I have a ton of games I fee like I'll never get to but that doesn't mean I don't want to get to them.

Such a predictament. Part of me thinks the value of the wiiu will rise past $150 in the years to come. I'd only feel good about it if ninentdo confirmed all of my favourites would be ported to the switch.

I could slim down my PS4 collection from boxing week but I don't feel disdain for any of them.

Anyone else going through this mind exercise? ~$650 is a lot for Zelda se, pro and switch to swallow.
I can assure you, the wii u value will not go up lol. If you don't play your wii u much you should definitely do it. It's a great offer.

_DrMario_

Fuck yes! Just managed to grab a Switch from Best Buy. I wanted the Neon version but whatever. Now I can relax and play Horizon all weekend while I wait for the Switch to come in.

UberTag

Only the first part to get the Switch in the cart in the first place is tricking the website.
You can't actually succeed in placing the order unless an existing pre-order gets cancelled and the website puts it back up for grabs.

Keyouta

I'm trading in about 6, maybe more Wii U games to get that price cut off the Switch. I asked yesterday and they told me it'd be about $220 in credit. I still have Wii U games to beat, so I'll be keeping the console and the games I haven't gotten around to yet.

a916

I'd had my Wii U since Smash... and I've collectively put maybe a few hours on it... a waste for me and my mindset is "get anything you can"... I'm a little let down that I didn't play a few of the games I bought for it, but that's my bad. Might as well flip it.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 2015 (Order# XXX. We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U Standard Edition"
Estimated arrival date: March 07, 2017 - March 08, 2017
:(

It's now 100% clear that Amazon has no widespread release day plans. If they did, they'd have to be moving at least some orders tonight, since many parts of Canada would take two business days to reach.

Realistically, I think we'll be lucky to see shipments going out on Friday (for Monday or later).

JazzmanZ

Just think guys in about 6-7 days we'll finally have the Switch and Zelda in our hands and we'll forget this silly nonsense about orders not arriving on time

trixx

Called in best buy support to change my payment information for my e3 pre-order of zelda, and they have so many switch call ins the have a separate line dedicated for switch pre-orders. Feel bad for customer service, probably bombarded with calls.

Good thing is Zelda for $45, bad thing is i probably have to wait till Tuesday, oh well. So much work to be done for school anyways.

I felt as if ultimately the SE of Zelda isn't really worth it unless you have the prime discount. I think, i'm interested i the case and map but not an extra $50+ interested. $100 for the pad is crazy and that's the reason why I decided to go with wii u version and just play via pro controller, gotta put up with some downgrades but oh well

By the way doesn't prime deliver on weekends? I think I remember getting a delivery on the weekend once.

Xbudz

All hope is not lost! Friday deliveries are likely.

dTPXXLl.jpg

Now, go enjoy your evening and wait for your money to disappear tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom