• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruvcan

Just got those 2 updates from amazon. Yes, I`m ordering both, but the wiiu version is not for me.

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Switch"
Estimated arrival date: March 08, 2017 - March 10, 2017

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U Standard Edition"
Estimated arrival date: March 08, 2017 - March 09, 2017

o1kntrm.png

That's with 1day shipping in Toronto. Neato.

UberTag

All hope is not lost! Friday deliveries are likely.

dTPXXLl.jpg

Now, go enjoy your evening and wait for your money to disappear tomorrow!
Unless they're using some super-duper-ultra-fast-expedited shipping option that I'm not accustomed to, it's very easy to review one's order history at Best Buy and count up the number of times you actually receive product the same day you're charged for it.

That said, if they do take my money tomorrow and ship overnight Thursday so the Switch reaches me on Friday, I'll be happy. I just don't expect money disappearances tomorrow to be the norm.

Xbudz

Unless they're using some super-duper-ultra-fast-expedited shipping option that I'm not accustomed to, it's very easy to review one's order history at Best Buy and count up the number of times you actually receive product the same day you're charged for it.

That said, if they do take my money tomorrow and ship overnight Thursday so the Switch reaches me on Friday, I'll be happy. I just don't expect money disappearances tomorrow to be the norm.

The only time I ordered something that wasn't out yet on Best Buy's website- they charged me the day before I received it. They definitely use expedited shipping, as I got it on release day. Best Buy chooses the closest distribution center to where you live. Keep hope alive at least until tomorrow.

I think they're saying if you order Zelda Wii U right now as a new order then it shows Friday? I can't get it to show up as that myself, but it might be my address.

Would be typical Amazon if new orders placed today came first heh

Firestorm

I'm not sure why people in this thread are freaking out about pre-orders today. My status never changes until the day before release. I get a shipment email at some point in the day or sometimes on release date. Two days before has never happened but I'm in Vancouver.
I know not a lot of people play MTG on here but does anyone know a place cheaper then $229 + shipping Canadian for Modern Masters 2017?

I currently have a place in-town who is telling me $140 for a box but I'm pretty sure he's gonna screw me over so I need some sort of back up.

Both Magic Stronghold and Carta Magica seem to be higher.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I think they're saying if you order Zelda Wii U right now as a new order then it shows Friday? I can't get it to show up as that myself, but it might be my address.

Would be typical Amazon if new orders placed today came first heh

Thats how Amazon works. If you order now you'll get the game first vs people who preordered months or years ago. Thats what happened with Horizon to me and several other people.

Amazon is shady as fuck.

I'm not sure why people in this thread are freaking out about pre-orders today. My status never changes until the day before release. I get a shipment email at some point in the day or sometimes on release date. Two days before has never happened but I'm in Vancouver.Both Magic Stronghold and Carta Magica seem to be higher.
lol I'm the same. Again I don't want to jinx it but about best buy, I've made TONS of orders and every single time it's the same. Ships the day before and I get it day after.

I do live in the GTA though.

btkadams

I'm not sure why people in this thread are freaking out about pre-orders today. My status never changes until the day before release. I get a shipment email at some point in the day or sometimes on release date. Two days before has never happened but I'm in Vancouver.

Both Magic Stronghold and Carta Magica seem to be higher.
Living in Calgary, I almost always see the shipment notice 2 days before arrival. Very rarely do I get 1 day delivery.

ruvcan

There's no prime discount for special edition version of Zelda?

Yes there is, this is my order detail.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 129.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 26.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 103.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 15.60
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 119.59

So have people had success in moving their pre ordered stuff from the EB switch trade in deals? EB called me today but I wasn't able to answer. I have multiple JoyCons and multiple copies of games like Zelda and 1-2 Switch to change to other games. I don't know if I am able to go tomorrow to switch them and the system releases on Friday. If I go on Sunday should I not have any trouble switching the stuff to other games?

It's now 100% clear that Amazon has no widespread release day plans. If they did, they'd have to be moving at least some orders tonight, since many parts of Canada would take two business days to reach.

Realistically, I think we'll be lucky to see shipments going out on Friday (for Monday or later).

Looks like it's being treated like any other product, no special plans. My zelda guide says march 7-8 (prime, GTA).

So have people had success in moving their pre ordered stuff from the EB switch trade in deals? EB called me today but I wasn't able to answer. I have multiple JoyCons and multiple copies of games like Zelda and 1-2 Switch to change to other games. I don't know if I am able to go tomorrow to switch them and the system releases on Friday. If I go on Sunday should I not have any trouble switching the stuff to other games?

Yes, was able to move it (controller deposit) to future switch games. Extremely easy.

Metalgus

Banned
For comparison sake, My Zelda Wii U preorder from Amazon with free shipping is expected to ship the 6 Arriving 10 Mar - 16 Mar. Montreal.

enbred

Banned
Has anyone seen what the actual standard edition of Zelda for Switch box looks like? I want to know if the box art is different in any way from the US one. Like does it have different/additional age ratings or some French text?

The image on Amazon is the same as the American one, but I'm worried that might not be accurate, as I remember 3DS game cases were different in Canada.

suikodan

The night before launch.

And are they supposed to make it the next day with Express Shipping? Mine still says confirmed and "Release: 2017-03-31"

I'm pissed. On one side, I know I could wait until next week to get the damned thing and on the other side, I'm off this week due to my kids' spring break and come on, it's just a good timing to play.

I remember taking a day off work for PS4 and waiting for BestBuy to deliver it. Seeing that it wouldn't be that day, I tried walking into a Walmart close to home and I was able to pick up a console "just like that".

Maybe I'll go take a peek Friday morning after leaving my daughter to kindergarden but people around here are fierce for Nintendo stuff. The NES Classic left a very bad taste in my mouth.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
Has anyone seen what the actual standard edition of Zelda for Switch box looks like? I want to know if the box art is different in any way from the US one. Like does it have different/additional age ratings or some French text?

The image on Amazon is the same as the American one, but I'm worried that might not be accurate, as I remember 3DS game cases were different in Canada.

I'm sure we'll get some "Playable in FR!" In the top corner like most of the 3DS games that have come out recently.

joms5

I pre-ordered BOTW Wii U years ago. Just got my estimated ship date from Amazon. March 8th. How the fuck do they get away with this?

Pre-orders mean nothing these days. I could simply pick this up at my local Walmart that day. I'm not holding back this time when I complain to Amazon. This is going to be my 4th preorder that has arrive at least 5 days late. Unacceptable.

Never had an issue with BestBuy though. So those who ordered through them might be lucky.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol The Fractured But Whole is one of my final remaining orders on Amazon, and for whatever reason it had 4 $10 credits applied to it so it stands at $11. Can't complain.

tiijj

The Fr only appears on Nintendo published 3DS game. It doesn't appear on a wii u game afaik. The switch is a "console" and a "handheld" so it might not get the Fr. I asked Nintendo Canada twitter but no response lol.

When I ordered BOTW on Amazon, it was $64.99. Since then they raised the price to $79.99. That wasn't part of a sale, that was just its regular price.

Would Best Buy or whatever other retailer pricematch that? Or would it just be tied in general to whatever the current price is. Sorry, I know it's getting a little stir-crazy in here, but I genuinely wasn't sure and I figured I might as well ask out of curiosity.

This month is so hectic for me that I'm conflicted and partly thinking I want to wait until it all dies down so I can really savour the game. So on that front the late shipment wouldn't be a dealbreaker, at least. Just figured I might as well get some clarity.

enbred

Banned
The Fr only appears on Nintendo published 3DS game. It doesn't appear on a wii u game afaik. The switch is a "console" and a "handheld" so it might not get the Fr. I asked Nintendo Canada twitter but no response lol.
Please let us know if they do respond or you find it from another source.

I'm surprised none have been seen in the wild yet or from media/YouTubers. Plenty of pics and videos out there of the American and European ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom