• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Everything is starting to come together.

tmwty7n.jpg

I just got an email that my expected delivery date is the 8th as well. The release date is the 3rd. Anyone know why stuff like this occurs with Amazon, my first time experiencing this. They allocated all of their first shipment of copies from Nintendo?

I pre-ordered at E3 2015, come on Amazon, I should be near the top of the shipping list, haha. Maybe its because the pre-order was part of the 30% deal when they still did that, and they are now giving order precedence to the 20% off people.
;) Just kidding.

Moltenix

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 16, 2015 (Order#). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U Standard Edition"
Estimated arrival date: March 10, 2017 - March 17, 2017

Oh, you gotta be shitting me...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was always told messing around with shipping speeds so close to release messes with your place in line. Some of you may be fucked.

Kyuur

Roll call for in-store pre-order pickups again; anyone know if their store has stock of the Switch/Zelda yet? I'm going to call mine tomorrow afternoon as I haven't heard anything, I'm not sure if they call out though (Toys R Us).

Sealtest

Roll call for in-store pre-order pickups again; anyone know if their store has stock of the Switch/Zelda yet? I'm going to call mine tomorrow afternoon as I haven't heard anything, I'm not sure if they call out though (Toys R Us).

EB Games pre-order here and mine called earlier letting me know everything I ordered cept for the Hori play stand was in.

I've never preordered from toys r us so I dunno if they call

Got an E-mail from Amazon saying my Zelda CE would arrive on March 8-10. Changed the shipping speed to 1 day and now it says Friday, hopefully they come through!

I was always told messing around with shipping speeds so close to release messes with your place in line. Some of you may be fucked.

Enh it's probably fine if you don't have any kind of "preparing for shipment" status.

People say that about changing shipping addresses too but i've never seen any evidence of it. It would be a pretty terribly designed system if changing your shipping speed to be faster (for money at that) made your shipping slower.

Enh it's probably fine if you don't have any kind of "preparing for shipment" status.

People say that about changing shipping addresses too but i've never seen any evidence of it. It would be a pretty terribly designed system if changing your shipping speed to be faster (for money at that) made your shipping slower.

I can personally attest that changing your payment / address can fuck with things. My FFXV order was set for release day, and then magically changed to a week later the moment after swapping cards.

Haven't seen the shipping method personally, though it's not much of a leap to guess that would do it as well.

Zekes!

People in here lamenting about whether we'll get Zelda on Friday?

Part of me knows it's for the best if I don't get it this weekend, 'cause I got a big paper due next week I should use that time for, hahaha

My TRU hasn't gotten theirs in yet. A little concerned.

I can personally attest that changing your payment / address can fuck with things. My FFXV order was set for release day, and then magically changed to a week later the moment after swapping cards.

Haven't seen the shipping method personally, though it's not much of a leap to guess that would do it as well.

Payment address I could see if it was close to when they were trying to bill.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow night either way!

tiijj

People in here lamenting about whether we'll get Zelda on Friday?

Part of me knows it's for the best if I don't get it this weekend, 'cause I got a big paper due next week I should use that time for, hahaha

Yeah and those who got theirs on friday will be sooo happy.

This weekend might be one of my most productive weekend. Time to take a break from the internet until Mar 8-10

Firestorm

Got my EB Games call about the midnight launch. I asked how many pre-orders they had and they weren't allowed to give a number but said it's over 100 =[ This is gonna be a long night.

Does anyone know if it's safe to assume that I can walk into a store a buy BOTW Switch without a pre-order? Or will the standard version also be sold out?

Really hard to tell. Nintendo is a bit notorious for under-shipping physical copies of their games on launch day (to push eshop sales I presume) but I don't know that they'd try to do that with a console launch. Especially when it's THE game of the launch.

Fuck I'm gonna be so pissed if Zeldo doesn't come on Friday. I've have every single game for the past 3 years arrive day 1 on Amazon. Please don't fail me now.

If it doesn't come Friday, I'm gonna buy it at Walmart or something. I don't need the $30 discount from the E3 deal

tiijj

So, should I change the shipping speed to express for Zelda SE? I don't want to be put in the back of the queue.

Is there really a queue? There are people here who mentioned that they bought horizon back in 2015 and they haven't gotten it yet while someone who recently ordered theirs already got it.

Got an E-mail from Amazon saying my Zelda CE would arrive on March 8-10. Changed the shipping speed to 1 day and now it says Friday, hopefully they come through!
I did the same for my Wii U copy and it went from March 8-9 to March 7-8. Not good enough for me, I want to play it this weekend. I'll be going to Best Buy tomorrow morning to see if I can place a preorder, and just return my Amazon copy when it arrives. I'm disappointed because my copy of Horizon from the same order arrived on Tuesday without any of this fuss. Fuckin' Nintendo and their Friday releases.

Lizardus

Is there really a queue? There are people here who mentioned that they bought horizon back in 2015 and they haven't gotten it yet while someone who recently ordered theirs already got it.

Well, yesterday, I talked to a CSR to upgrade my shipping to one-day free of charge. I check today and it was still the same. I got back on the chat and finally got it upgraded for real this time. It says One-day shipping now and says "Arriving Friday" lol.

I live in Fort McMurray so I doubt I'll see it on friday but its something.

EDIT: She also reassured me that changing the shipping doesn't reset anything...

I just chatted with an Amazon rep and they said my order for Zelda WiiU qualifies for same day delivery, and it will arrive on Friday. She told me not to worry about the estimated date because...it's just an estimation.

Background: Pre-ordered June 2015 during the E3 deal, with Amazon Prime (which I still have)

Whales

Banned
whys that amazon isnt doing release day delivery for zelda? Its so weird ( and it sucks :/)

how could you let me down on the most important occasion, amazon...

farisr

transaction9yybp.jpg

Finally seems like Horizon is shipping.

Not that I had time to play it yet anyways, I was basically counting on them being late so I could get a $5 credit out of them to get Persona 5 for even cheaper.

Do Real Canadian Superstores stock video games still? The one near my home had a optical centre in place of where it stocked games and electronics.

Maybe I could get a Switch in one?

Looks like things are starting to trickle into Amazon's system, seeing this Zelda amiibo displaying release day shipping now:

nrWjICV.png

Hopefully everything else starts coming in too.

EDIT: My BOTW Switch and amiibo orders are now showing as Preparing for Shipment and card is charged :) Looks like things have a good chance of coming on Friday, contrary to panic in this thread!

cVbRAsV.png

I just chatted with an Amazon rep and they said my order for Zelda WiiU qualifies for same day delivery, and it will arrive on Friday. She told me not to worry about the estimated date because...it's just an estimation.

Background: Pre-ordered June 2015 during the E3 deal, with Amazon Prime (which I still have)
I wish that was the outcome of my chat with Amazon. I was told that my shipping would be upgraded to priority at no additional cost, but supply was limited and that the item was not eligible for release day delivery as a result. So I guess I'll still be hitting up Best Buy tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom