• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been charged for it yet, but I can no longer change my shipping info or speed on my Best Buy order.

IT’S HAPPENING.

chrono01

I pre-ordered my Switch within seconds of it going live, and my order is still showing "Arriving 8 Mar - 10 Mar". I also have Prime shipping, so there's no excuse for shipping this late.

Really regretting my decision to pre-order the console through Amazon. I had the option to use EBGames too, but I wanted the free Express Prime shipping. I was charged for my Zelda BOTW SE from EBGames, so at least there's that.

Yeah the estimate is still the same. I think it's pretty safe to say the estimate is going to prove incorrect if they're shipping now-ish though...

CSRs saying it's a bug redeemed? :p

Too bad my pro controller and three games haven't changed. I'm going to laugh if my switch shows up Friday but games dont until monday/Tuesday. At least I have Horizon to play while I wait.

Harusame

Got my pre-order call from Ebgames earlier today while I was school today. The staff know me so well that all they left as voice-mail was "Pick up your switch Friday."

Texted the manager back that I really enjoyed the straight and direct message.

Ryne

Forgot to cancel my Zelda SE from EBgames, they just charged me.

So, anyone want one for cost in the Brampton area when it arrives? I'd rather not return it.

Well, already got an offer.

i-Jest

I haven't bought anything from NIS America before. I assume I'll be paying some kind of fee to import. Is that included in the total or is that something separate I'll have to pay once the item comes?

jokkir

I got charged by EB and can't cancel my order anymore. This is happening!

Also, nothing changed with Amazon still :(

Edit - actually, I got charged for one of the Zelda's I bought but still the same shipping date.

terrible

Banned
My Arts & Artifacts went from "preparing for shipment" yesterday to "not shipped yet" today. Amazon is working their magic. They charged me for it on Tuesday too. Jerks. Turns out having Prime means nothing. That book was supposed to be released last week.

UberTag

Surprised that Best Buy seems to be the last holdout for processing orders.
Boy don't I feel silly for cancelling my Amazon Prime Priority order to move over to them.
Hopefully they play catch up later today.

jokkir

Looks like my Switch is about to ship with EB. Zelda WiiU, Zelda Switch, and 1-2 Switch seems to all have been charged on Amazon and "preparing for shipment".

Hopefully I'll get the games tomorrow. I did plan on refunding one of the Switch games so I can get rid of this Best Buy gift card so I'm covered if it doesn't arrive.

I have three items with Amazon.

Switch carrying case March 8-10
Guardian Amiibo March 8-10
Zelda CE Strategy Guide (No release date)

Meh.

Ryde3

On Amazon.ca my order status for everything still says March 7-8, but I was just charged for my Switch, Case, Pro controller and Zelda Guide Book (getting Zelda from EB once my delivery arrives) - there's hope!

For the record I spoke to a CSR twice to confirm. Goodluck everyone.

ruvcan

Got charged my amazon for all my Switch stuff.

Switch grey
Pro controller
Zelda SE
Bomberman r
Zelda Wiiu

All are preparing for shipment exept Zelda WiiU that say being shipped today.

KarmaCow

God damn it BestBuy don't send me the "you have preordered games" email when I'm desperately waiting for a shipping notice email.

Kiro

I swear to god the one time I don't go amazon and go best buy for delivery safety and best buy is the last one. If they fail me now never again from BB.

98 zelda!!!

Returners

I'm just weirded out that Bestbuy hasn't charged anything. Ugh.

They usually charge well in advance and then ship according where you are located

ruvcan

Everything is now "Being shipped today" on amazon.

Switch grey
Pro controller
Zelda Switch SE
Zelda Wii U
Super Bomberman R

Kunan

haha it's just like me to finally decide I want the pro controller as soon as they go out of stock on BestBuy. They've been in stock for ages and I rested on my laurels! Here comes joycon zelda!

Lexxism

So eshop finally work like psn. I'll definitely buy those games in the US if they set the price of the games in Canada way too high

So eshop finally work like psn. I'll definitely buy those games in the US if they set the price of the games in Canada way too high

$80+ tax vs. ~$78 for a full game, definitely cheaper to make a US account.

Switch hasn't shipping but at least changed from March 8-10 to March 7-8.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Amazon Prime delivery to Ottawa.

My Switch says shipping now. Delivery estimate is still March 8-10.

Zelda and 1,2 Switch still say shipping on Monday. Wouldn't that be something.

Magnus

Pickin mine up tomorrow morning. I couldn't bear relying on online shopping and potential delays for something as crucial as a new console release. Good luck to you all.

Kiro

Amazon Prime delivery to Ottawa.

My Switch says shipping now. Delivery estimate is still March 8-10.

Zelda and 1,2 Switch still say shipping on Monday. Wouldn't that be something.

Im in Ottawa too, this makes me feel better about my "not-happening" Best Buy Shipment.

Pickin mine up tomorrow morning. I couldn't bear relying on online shopping and potential delays for something as crucial as a new console release. Good luck to you all.

I tend to stick with in store for hardware releases though I am jealous of all these shipping posts. EB even called me to tell me my Switch would be ready and I'm still jealous.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Best Buy has yet to charge me for Zelda, so the dream of getting it tomorrow is dead. I fucking hate Nintendo and their stupid Friday releases >(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom