• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

I've always been cool with shipping/delivery talk but I feel like there should've been a Canadian Switch Preorder thread like there is an American one. Every time I look away and come back there's like 5 new pages of people freaking out about their Switch being shipped on time.

Too late now though.

antibolo

Banned
Guy guys guys

I just read this.

Apparently you can change the region of your Nintendo account freely, the only restriction being that your account balance must be empty (which is irrelevant if you always pay exact amount by CC, which supposedly has no country restrictions).

That solves everything.

MEGATON

DamnBoxes

Re: BestBuy Canada Online Switch Preorder

FWIW. Montreal delivery. They updated the "Delivered as early as" for me.

gyZXuGZ.png

zroid

Banned
Guy guys guys

I just read this.

Apparently you can change the region of your Nintendo account freely, the only restriction being that your account balance must be empty (which is irrelevant if you always pay exact amount by CC).

That solves everything.

MEGATON

wait, you can change the region of your account not just the console?

that's... useful

antibolo

Banned

that's... useful

From everything I've read so far the console itself essentially has no region, like on PlayStation platforms (apart from X/O behaviour of course).

But the main point of this is that we won't need to create a dummy account to buy on the US eShop, we can use our existing ones.

tiijj

From everything I've read so far the console itself essentially has no region, like on PlayStation platforms (apart from X/O behaviour of course).

But the main point of this is that we won't need to create a dummy account to buy on the US eShop, we can use our existing ones.

Yeah but I thought you guys were aiming for cheaper us prices and discount from coins.

DamnBoxes

losing confidence that bestbuy will deliver it on time, going to walmart tomorrow morning, wish me luck.

Good-Luck-Glitters-4.gif

Would recommend calling your local Wal-Mart and asking them if they can let you know ahead of time how many units they're selling on launch. IF they tell you, and IF the number is pretty low, you might want to head there earlier than anticipated.

Gitaroo

do you still have the option to cancel your bestbuy order? Mine still allow me to and still says will ship as early as march 3. Looks like they have done nothing.

Kiro

I either have to be out of the house at 1030am for class tomorrow. Or skip and wait for delivery but have to leave at 245pm. Think it will deliver before 245 and worth skipping class?

(Ottawa, Bestbuy, obviously depends on if it is even out for delivery tomorrow)

do you still have the option to cancel your bestbuy order? Mine still allow me to and still says will ship as early as march 3. Looks like they have done nothing.

Think just the orders being done in the East are being processed. I'd wait until 10AM PST (11 MST) for anything to happen out here in the west.

Lexxism

that's... useful

Guy guys guys

I just read this.

Apparently you can change the region of your Nintendo account freely, the only restriction being that your account balance must be empty (which is irrelevant if you always pay exact amount by CC, which supposedly has no country restrictions).

That solves everything.

MEGATON
You will need to use all of your funds first before you can change. Did they say what will happen to the games bought on that region? Hopefully it won't be deleted

jokkir

I've always been cool with shipping/delivery talk but I feel like there should've been a Canadian Switch Preorder thread like there is an American one. Every time I look away and come back there's like 5 new pages of people freaking out about their Switch being shipped on time.

Too late now though.

uw9Tpl7.gif

zroid

Banned
The 24 hr Shoppers I just called unfortunately said they were going to be getting their new inventory tomorrow afternoon. That means a) they won't be selling Switches at midnight, and b) the store itself doesn't know whether it will be getting Switches sent to them or not.

the timing might be different for other stores, but for this one at least no way of knowing if they will carry any consoles till tomorrow evening

You will need to use all of your funds first before you can change. Did they say what will happen to the games bought on that region? Hopefully it won't be deleted

My assumption is nothing will happen to the games, since the games are region free apparently. The only thing that isn't "region free" is the money.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's how mine is. Normally, by now the option to cancel would have been gone, which pretty much means I ain't getting it until Monday at the earliest. I really, really hate Friday releases.

tiijj

Do you even read my posts before replying to them?

Yes both your post, you can seamlessly switch between different region accounts and about not making a dummy account. Which were known and speculated although not 100% confirmed earlier. I quoted the last one since it's the latest one. You were concerned about the coins and mobile apps (where you get extra coins from I would guess) which was used to add discount to digital orders. So I was wondering how being able to switch different accounts negate the coins.

DamnBoxes

Probably never watch them, Instead of placing them in the same time slot to compete against Tim & Sid on Sportsnet (which I enjoy), they stuff them back in the overnight loop...which I hate.

Yeah I don't get to catch them live on television unfortunately; I'm just happy the boys are coming back home where they belong!

N° 2048

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

lol fuck the Switch I'm not even getting it until next year probably, I just want the Zelda Wii U for my little brother's birthday :/

It's his gift.

JRBechard

Re: BestBuy Canada Online Switch Preorder

FWIW. Montreal delivery. They updated the "Delivered as early as" for me.

gyZXuGZ.png

I'm in Montreal too, and mine is still March 3rd. Did you get your pre-order in before or after mine (Feb 22 for me)? Maybe my order isn't updated yet.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
I pre ordered my Switch from Best Buy on Jan 13th. They've now charged my CC, pro controller is separate order and has not been charged yet. I live in Barrie and totally expect to have the Switch on Friday to compliment my Zelda Master Edition. Hype!!!

Dazzler

Not sure if this has been posted amid all the Switch talk, but London Drugs seem to have slashed the prices on a bunch of games to 9.99

I got Megaman Legacy Collection on PS4 for 9.99 and AC: Rogue for Xbox 360 for 9.99

There were a lot of discounted games (Broadway/Cambie location in Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom