• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Was charged for the Switch on Amazon, but still has that it will arrive on the 7th/8th.
Talked to a rep, they say that it will arrive on the 7th or 8th and nothing can be done as it's in the shipping phase...

mixmixmixmix

Neo Member
Always clicking this thread hoping for some sweet deals, always find Nintendo discussion.

No complaints, but I certainly hope the next OT has Nintendo in the title...

Was charged for the Switch on Amazon, but still has that it will arrive on the 7th/8th.
Talked to a rep, they say that it will arrive on the 7th or 8th and nothing can be done as it's in the shipping phase...

Stop talking to Amazon reps. They know nothing.

btkadams

Anyone else with Amazon have their Switches listed as "shipping now", but games and accessories still as "pre-ordered"?
Some still say preordered in the main list for sure, but when I open up the actual order details, all of my accessories and games show Shipping Now.

NYR

My Best Buy order still hasn't charged my card. Also still stating:

Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 03

terrible

Banned
I just looked at my Best Buy Switch order and I see there was a Paypal payment issue. Oh come on lol. There's nothing wrong with my Paypal account. Great.

NYR

Always clicking this thread hoping for some sweet deals, always find Nintendo discussion.

It is 24 hours until a brand new console comes out, something that each of the big three does once year 5 or 6 years.

It is absolutely ridiculous not to expect the content of this thread to be anything but.

mdubs

Banned
My Best Buy order still hasn't charged my card. Also still stating:

Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 03

FWIW I got charged but mine still says "as early as Mar 07".

I assume it's shipping out today and coming tomorrow (GTA though)

Fuck this, now Best Buy is telling me copy won't arrive until March 7th :(

Guess I'm lining up somewhere tomorrow morning.

Where are you located..

Just a theory but I wonder if Best Buy Canada Screwed the East in terms of shipping.

- East warehouse is able to charge customer card for payment.
- Payment is approved - info sent to BC for shipping.
- BB Langley Warehouse will ship all switch orders this afternoon/night.
- Everyone in BC, Alta, & maybe Sask will get their switches tomorrow. East, next week

krae_man

fMNILPm.gif

tiijj

It is 24 hours until a brand new console comes out, something that each of the big three does once year 5 or 6 years.

It is absolutely ridiculous not to expect the content of this thread to be anything but.

And there's no nintendo switch pre-order thread like the ones made for the other region/country. Basically canadian deal thread became the catch all thread for anything canadian gaming related.

Ryde3

Best Buy has also just charged me - hopeful to receive 1 or both of my pre orders (2nd with Amazon) tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!!!

mixmixmixmix

Neo Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE AMIBOS???? :D it's all good.

Lexxism

I guess you are knew here. Same thing happened with EBs games ps4 pro deal. It was filled with pro posts. This isn't new and it's not just for Nintendo. This is always the case when a brand new console is coming out

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Where are you located..

Just a theory but I wonder if Best Buy Canada Screwed the East in terms of shipping.

- East warehouse is able to charge customer card for payment.
- Payment is approved - info sent to BC for shipping.
- BB Langley Warehouse will ship all switch orders this afternoon/night.
- Everyone in BC, Alta, & maybe Sask will get their switches tomorrow. East, next week
Toronto.

Sealtest

What time do we think we'll learn if we can use American eshop codes? That zelda season pass on amazon us is looking better and better the more our dollar drops.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

4 years in this case and we still got friend codes in 2017 lol

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
something must be up then as Toronto should definitely be 1 day shipping and you should get it Tomorrow.

That's my opinion though

Heh, I was finally charged by Best Buy for my Wii Ubcopy of BOTW. Still not expecting it tomorrow though, so I'll have to try and find a copy in the wild.

They've never failed me before, but there's always a first time for everything.

Can any explain why in the fuck is BB east warehouse is only open from 9am - 12PM eastern time?

That Warehouse should be open for at least 12 hours every weekday.

Feel sorry for all East orders right now.

What time do we think we'll learn if we can use American eshop codes? That zelda season pass on amazon us is looking better and better the more our dollar drops.

Perhaps as soon as someone on here is willing to bite the bullet. :p Like I've said before though, they work on Wii U / 3DS, so it's more likely than not.

Luigi87

Gonna be a long day, lol

I held a Switch yesterday when the Nintendo Rep visited my store (I never went to those events Nintendo held). I was surprised at how light it was... Couldn't turn it on due to embargo, but that just made the wait even more x_x

explodet

I'm rereading the Canadian Gaming Deals thread during the PS4 launch back in 2013.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I got charged by Best Buy, but at this point it's too late for it to show up here before the weekend. It's always at least 2 days for their stuff to get here to Saskatchewan. Guess I won't be going with them for any of my future purchases.

Leeness

Said it in the review thread but I'll say it here too because Canadians understand my reservations.

I'm bummed to wait, but I just can't justify spending upwards of $600 to play Zelda right now. I want the stupid console to drop in price but knowing Nintendo, it probably never will. This all bums me out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom