• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathematics

Neo Member
While BB is showing Mar 7 for Pro controller, Zelda and the Switch, it is showing Mar 3 for the extra charger. This is making me worried that the March 7 estimate is more than them playing it safe. The theory about the stock being in Vancouver may be true

If this theory/rumor is true, they would have no stock for walk-ins along the east? That CSR on the BB forum must've been working real "hard" if true

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On a somewhat related note, I worked at EB years and years ago, and I remember learning a fun fact that some ungodly number of gift cards never go redeemed (or, there is like a dollar or two left after the transaction, so the customer just says "meh, keep it"). I can't remember the exact number, or if that's still a thing like it was, but unused gift card currency makes them a fuck ton of money.
It's true for gift cards from all retailers. Gift cards are a huge scam pushed on consumers by retail. Giving a gift that forces someone to go to a certain retailer instead of cash that they can use anywhere? Fucking geniuses.

killroy87

It's true for gift cards from all retailers. Gift cards are a huge scam pushed on consumers by retail. Giving a gift that forces someone to go to a certain retailer instead of cash that they can use anywhere? Fucking geniuses.

I mean, it's opportunistic but it isn't a scam lol. People could just as easily put a modicum of thought into an actual gift (or just admit defeat and throw cash into a card).

Dalius

Looks like I'm in the same boat as a lot of you - Amazon shows my Pro Controller/Zelda being shipped today, Best Buy with my Neon console charged my CC but the date is now the 7th instead of the 3rd... ugh. Guess we'll just wait and see now. Pretty shitty of Best Buy to change it at the last minute though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I mean, it's opportunistic but it isn't a scam lol. People could just as easily put a modicum of thought into an actual gift (or just admit defeat and throw cash into a card).
It's less of a scam now that balances don't expire* like they used to but the amount of effort retail puts into convincing people they're a good idea is astounding. I hate when people give me gift cards.

*Mall gift card balances expire in Ontario, I don't know about other provinces. Individual store gift cards don't.

Sitting here at work with my BB Switch preorder tab open in another window, trying to get some work done but the F5 key wont stop calling me...

a961b4a536de0065a38e8938618df33d.gif

Sitting here at work with my BB Switch preorder tab open in another window, trying to get some work done but the F5 key wont stop calling me...

a961b4a536de0065a38e8938618df33d.gif

no kidding...at least I took today & tomorrow off. But I'm starting to lose hope and the cancel order link is becoming mighty tempting.

Just still pissed that the dist center closing at 12pm. Seems idiotic.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
BotW SE edition finally switched to having a date at least, but all my Switch orders still showing shipping out on the 6th.

Amazon Rep I spoke with said they'd be 'released' tomorrow, so we'll see. I'm in Toronto so I get almost everything on launch day from the Mississauga warehouse.

Whales

Banned
by the way amazon prime members, you guya picked "express shipping" for your order, right?

I didn't have access to the regular "Two Day shipping". Just making sure incase they really do send them tomorow that I have the right shipping

Kiro

I have been charged for everything from BestBuy. Pro-C, Switch, and Zelda.

Oh... it is coming tomorrow. I BELIEVE!! YES.

Should I skip school to make sure I don't miss the package? I have work at 245PM, think it will arrive at my house before then? When do they normally arrive.

Leeness

A console that quickly drops in price isn't a healthy console... one that has staying power means it's successful. You should be rooting for a console with a robust lineup, not to save $50 6 months from now.

I can hope for both when the console is way overpriced haha.

Yeah, I think the rule is:

console drops in price really quickly: in trouble but not doomed (3DS)
console drops in price after a year or two: successful (PS4/XB1/etc.)

console never drops in price: doomed (Vita, Wii U)

Either of these options will be okay with me lmao. Especially #1 if it can then turn itself around like 3DS did.

Should I skip school to make sure I don't miss the package? I have work at 245PM, think it will arrive at my house before then? When do they normally arrive.

Western, Central, or Eastern Canada?

I still have hope as BB delivered my Xbox One and PS4 on release day with if I recall very quick shipping. Just that time, none of the games arrived.....

Looks like the 1080ti FE is now sold out also. Managed to snag one about an hour and a half ago.

Mathematics

Neo Member

Wait for the email notice of the actual shipment going out before thinking about skipping class

I'm in New Brunswick, and my Switch order has been charged, and says delivered as early as March 9th. Bloody Hell, Best Buy. If I don't get this until next Thursday, I'm never ordering anything from them again. This bait and switch (lol) of showing march 3 until they have your money is pretty terrible.

antibolo

Banned
I want to know who's fault is it that no Switch have started to ship in Canada so far, while in the US they started shipping them fucking yesterday.

There's clearly a distribution problem somewhere. Or is Nintendo of Canada being dicks and forbidding retailers to start shipping before release day?

Cru Jones

I want to know who's fault is it that no Switch have started to ship in Canada so far, while in the US they started shipping them fucking yesterday.

There's clearly a distribution problem somewhere. Or is Nintendo of Canada being dicks and forbidding retailers to start shipping before release day?

Guy above you just said his shipped

Pure speculation here, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a low margin product, in fairly low quantities (i.e. It's not GTAV on multiple consoles), large to ship meaning more time needed in warehouse, more weight and volume for postal service...on a thursday or friday.

We are a tiny country, relatively.

jokkir

Remember, guys. This is what it says on EB:

Why did I receive the product before the tracking number was made available?
Occasionally, we ship new release products before tracking numbers and order statuses are loaded into our system. We try to get every game into your hands as soon as possible. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating extra handling time. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource, which is sometimes well after your product has been shipped. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.

Still getting me really anxious though lol

Whoa. Gives me hope. Do you mind sharing your city / shipping speed / carrier they used?

And it was said to arrive on the 8th like everyone else?

Hamilton/Priority/Canada Post

It had said it was gonna ship on the 6th and come 7th-8th since it was pre ordered.

eyesradar

Damn my local EB does not have midnight release, they do open early at 9am tho. Guess I'll have a goodnight sleep then. I can't f*king calm down. Can't wait to play the new Zelda.

I've been shut off myself to all Zelda news, reviews and leaks since the NS announcement. The wait is about to end guys!

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
Just when to my TD Branch after the gym to see if the payment went through on their end. Teller told me it in fact did.

Very excited!

Vinc

Hamilton/Priority/Canada Post

It had said it was gonna ship on the 6th and come 7th-8th since it was pre ordered.

Thanks! Mine says 7-8 on Priority as well. The order was charged overnight and says Being shipped today on main order page, "Shipping Now" on invoice printout page, and "Will ship march 6"/"We've got your order" when looking at the tracking page on Amazon... a bit confusing but I really really hope to get it tomorrow!

nath999

I got charged by BestBuy but my Switch console shows Delivered as early as March 07.

This is so annoying, I preordered the moment that link went live and I live in Toronto.

hiim_haz

Banned
I got charged by BestBuy but my Switch console shows Delivered as early as March 07.

This is so annoying, I preordered the moment that link went live and I live in Toronto.

It's probably a buffer to cover them in case it doesn't make it on March 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom