• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cru Jones

Said it in the review thread but I'll say it here too because Canadians understand my reservations.

I'm bummed to wait, but I just can't justify spending upwards of $600 to play Zelda right now. I want the stupid console to drop in price but knowing Nintendo, it probably never will. This all bums me out :(

A console that quickly drops in price isn't a healthy console... one that has staying power means it's successful. You should be rooting for a console with a robust lineup, not to save $50 6 months from now.

I guess you are knew here. Same thing happened with EBs games ps4 pro deal. It was filled with pro posts. This isn't new and it's not just for Nintendo. This is always the case when a brand new console is coming out

Yep and there have been pretty decent deals in this forum off the top of my head since Dec:

-$49 RE7, Titanfall 2, and Gears 4

-EB double TIV in both december for anything and for switch in Jan

-Persona 5 special edition with 20% off on amazon

-$5 amiibos

-source $25 off of $50

Not bad at all!

suikodan

Wow, EB is charging my Paypal account
It's sooooo slow
Express shipping better be worth it.

BB charged me for Zelda WiiU except that it doesn't seem to be the supposed amount of the game (45$) but the double... hopefully it'll correct itself but I'll take some screenshots just to be sure.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
A console that quickly drops in price isn't a healthy console... one that has staying power means it's successful. You should be rooting for a console with a robust lineup, not to save $50 6 months from now.

The Wii U never got a price drop... Healthiest console ever?

hiim_haz

Banned
So both my Amazon and Best Buy pre-orders got charged today.

Whichever one comes in first I'll keep, was going to keep the other for a friend but he won't be in town so I'll end up returning one unit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So fellow Canadians. What exactly has Walmart said about the availability of Switch consoles for tomorrow morning?

Y3cUo2Ol.png

antibolo

Banned
So guys, to figure out if anything is doing well so far I've looked back at my PSVR order from BB, which was delivered smoothly to me on launch day:

- I got the shipping notification at 6:30 PM the day before launch. Shipped via Purolator.
- According to the tracking number it was picked up in Toronto (not Montreal??) at 9:39 p.m.
- And then finally it got delivered to my workplace (in Montreal) at 9:41 a.m on launch day.

So basically if I don't get an email before 6:30 PM today, now will be the time to

As for my BotW from Amazon, I have already lost hope

Not sure if this has been posted amid all the Switch talk, but London Drugs seem to have slashed the prices on a bunch of games to 9.99

I got Megaman Legacy Collection on PS4 for 9.99 and AC: Rogue for Xbox 360 for 9.99

There were a lot of discounted games (Broadway/Cambie location in Vancouver)

Okay... Megaman sounds really good at that price

JRBechard

So guys, to figure out if anything is doing well so far I've looked back at my PSVR order from BB, which was delivered smoothly to me on launch day:

- I got the shipping notification at 6:30 PM the day before launch. Shipped via Purolator.
- According to the tracking number it was picked up in Toronto (not Montreal??) at 9:39 p.m.
- And then finally it got delivered to my workplace (in Montreal) at 9:41 a.m on launch day.

So basically if I don't get an email before 6:30 PM today, now will be the time to

Oddly soothing message regardless of gif

Xbudz

Took screenshots of my BB order saying Free Delivery by March 3rd just in case it changes when they charge me.

beta_fuse

So uh BestBuy...

I see the same thing :(

Say it ain't so Best Buy.

EDIT: In case we do get screwed and this arrives next week, can someone just confirm that we can (hopefully) buy another one at another store and then return the BB one using the new receipt? I've done this with games but never with a console. Sucks that it has to come to that but I want to play this weekend dammit.

3DS was a very healthy platform that got a cut early in its lifespan

keakster

While BB is showing Mar 7 for Pro controller, Zelda and the Switch, it is showing Mar 3 for the extra charger. This is making me worried that the March 7 estimate is more than them playing it safe. The theory about the stock being in Vancouver may be true

13randO

This gif causes me so much pain...

Also, dammit, I forgot I preordered BotW from Best Buy for WiiU a billion years ago. Guess that's hitting Kijiji.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This gif causes me so much pain...

Also, dammit, I forgot I preordered BotW from Best Buy for WiiU a billion years ago. Guess that's hitting Kijiji.

Are you in Toronto? Im looking to buy a copy.

killroy87

My best Buy order still says earliest Mar 3, but I haven't been charged yet. Might change once they put the charge though. I'm in Vancouver.

killroy87

I'm sure that store (I'm assuming EB?) appreciated that interest free loan. ;)

On a somewhat related note, I worked at EB years and years ago, and I remember learning a fun fact that some ungodly number of gift cards never go redeemed (or, there is like a dollar or two left after the transaction, so the customer just says "meh, keep it"). I can't remember the exact number, or if that's still a thing like it was, but unused gift card currency makes them a fuck ton of money.

The Wii U never got a price drop... Healthiest console ever?

Yeah, I think the rule is:

console drops in price really quickly: in trouble but not doomed (3DS)
console drops in price after a year or two: successful (PS4/XB1/etc.)
console never drops in price: doomed (Vita, Wii U)

Think I'm putting a self impose deadline of noon MST for either my credit card charged or my order status changed on my best buy order. If it hasn't changed, i'm cancelling my order and going out tomorrow morning to find one.

bryt

On a somewhat related note, I worked at EB years and years ago, and I remember learning a fun fact that some ungodly number of gift cards never go redeemed (or, there is like a dollar or two left after the transaction, so the customer just says "meh, keep it"). I can't remember the exact number, or if that's still a thing like it was, but unused gift card currency makes them a fuck ton of money.

That's me.. I've had $77 on my gift card for years now thanks to Amazon 30%/20% deals. I'm finally gonna use it on Persona 5's special edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom