• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
When preorders went live was there any sort of general experience that the neon SKUs went way faster? That'd be an indication of less stock I guess? But I can't imagine they'd short pre-orders. I picked up at neon SKU yesterday on a cancelled pre-order so it seems like the number of consoles in the "available pool" is pretty set in stone.

Seems that all the grey switches are shipping (especially on the best buy forum) and nothing shipping for the Neon.

You guys with your knee jerk reactions lol. If you were charged today by best buy you'll have it shipped today. They only charge when they know they're about to ship.

There's still plenty of hours in the day.

Mupod

I had Nier Automata in a big preorder with Zelda, Persona 5 and a bunch of other things that already shipped. The order had been made with Prime so everything had '2 day shipping'. However after cancelling Nier (PC release date was just shown) I had to change it to 'express shipping'. Uh...what's the difference?

I guess I should just ask Amazon support. Persona 5's still listed as arriving on release day.

You guys with your knee jerk reactions lol. If you were charged today by best buy you'll have it shipped today. They only charge when they know they're about to ship.

There's still plenty of hours in the day.

not if their flipping distribution center closes at noon pacific time.

not sure why in the hell they are only open for 3 hours every day.

Socreges

Banned
So

What are my chances of walking into a store today or tomorrow and picking up a Switch? Are preorders all taken for every store and they're not getting stock in otherwise?

please don't shoot me if this is a dumb question

(I'm in Victoria)

MutFox

Banned
So

What are my chances of walking into a store today or tomorrow and picking up a Switch? Are preorders all taken for every store and they're not getting stock in otherwise?

(I'm in Victoria)
Call stores, I've heard bb and Walmart will have public stock available, but you may have to line up

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
not if their flipping distribution center closes at noon pacific time.

not sure why in the hell they are only open for 3 hours every day.

Is there a source for that? Best Buy always shipped my orders out at night.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So

(I'm in Victoria)
Go get in line at Walmart right now.

Is there a source for that? Best Buy always shipped my orders out at night.

search for best buy distribution center - west.

Langley - Distribution Centre West
Please note: This is not a Best Buy store. Please do not visit this location as it is our warehouse distribution centre.

19890 92A Ave
Langley, BC, V1M 3A9
Phone: (604) 419-5500
Best Buy is Canada's fastest-growing specialty retailer and e-tailer of home theater, electronics, computers, and entertainment products with Geek Squad providing 24 hour support.

Store Hours:
Monday
9 AM - 12 PM
Tuesday
9 AM - 12 PM
Wednesday
9 AM - 12 PM
Thursday
9 AM - 12 PM
Friday
9 AM - 12 PM
Saturday

Sunday

Store Services

jokkir

What courier does EB use and if I miss the delivery tomorrow, would their shipping centres be opened so I can pick it up?

tiijj

What courier does EB use and if I miss the delivery tomorrow, would their shipping centres be opened so I can pick it up?

Whenever I order something from EB they use Purolator and the depot that it goes to is close on the weekend.

I believe that you can get it in the eve/afternoon but I'm not 100% sure since I usually get it the next business day.

killroy87

Anyone in Vancouver get shipping notice from Best Buy? They are probably staggering it based on location (farthest away ships first).

DamnBoxes

For what it's worth...

Just called my local BestBuy in Montreal; they have about 12 Neon and 12 Gray Switch units, first come first serve tomorrow morning.

Kiro

For BestBuy Preorders:

Does anyone have games/accessories/controllers shipped yet? So far it's just the Switch for me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Everyone talking about Switch shipping while Im just sitting here waiting for the courier to deliver Horizon.

mdubs

Banned
Shipment from Best Buy for the Switch itself (Toronto, grey joy-cons).

2tMUPS.gif

No movement on the pro controller, but have been charged (Best Buy) or any updates on Amazon (grey)

Error_g

Shipment from Best Buy for the Switch itself (Toronto, grey joy-cons).

2tMUPS.gif

No movement on the pro controller, but have been charged (Best Buy) or any updates on Amazon (grey)
Same. I'm in Toronto. Shipping page still says Monday at the earliest though... Better than the 31st though which is what it said earlier today!

Edit: it's a grey one

Kyolux

For what it's worth...

Just called my local BestBuy in Montreal; they have about 12 Neon and 12 Gray Switch units, first come first serve tomorrow morning.

Good to know. I'm assuming that if a Montreal BB has 24, this means that the Gatineau one will get like maybe between 10 and 20? I won't have to wait too long to go in store and pick up my Zelda U. (Assuming it won't be out for delivery tomorrow)

This.. I don't even.. i

Socreges

Banned
When you show up at opening tomorrow and there's already 50 people in line remember I told you to get in line today.
Haha

I'll check out stores like The Source and London Drugs today to see what their deal is. If I can't just snag one I think I'll how out of the running

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
People calling out their BB shipping notice, can you please specify whether you got the grey or neon? Neons don't seem to have started going out so it would be nice to know when that happens! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom