• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

They're advertising the Switch in their flyer so they may have stock this weekend.

Isnt 80k points worth a lot more than $136? I know 95k points gets you $170.

Not really much more. I was basing that on the value at 55k points, but at the 95k level, 80,000 is about $143.

krae_man

So I phoned the EB I have trade credit I want to use towards my Switch and asked if they will have consoles for walk ups and was told "I don't know, we're intentionally being kept in the dark on that".

Fun!

Debating getting on the 6am bus to try my luck.

grego9198

Got my Switch shipping notice an hour ago. Grey system being delivered to Mississauga.

Will have to trek out the EB after work tomorrow and pick up Zelda.

Wish I didn't start playing Horizon on Monday, don't want to get tied up into 2 open world games at the same time :S

Sapiens

Grey Switch from BestBuy - GTAish. No charge or shipping yet.

Fuck everything. I'm probably going to end up having to buy this stuff from stores and then return the online orders once they eventually arrive.

Terrible experience.

So I phoned the EB I have trade credit I want to use towards my Switch and asked if they will have console for walk ups and was told "I don't know, we're intentionally being kept in the dark on that".

Fun!

Debating getting on the 6am bus to try my luck.

Unless they are expecting another drop shipment the store should have their units at this point and know if they have extras. Seems odd.

Gitaroo

anyone from the west coast even got charged for their BB preordered? Mine hasn't update still and still allow me to cancel.

Windam

Scaley member
4AM represent!

635876247181523889292737560_gif-Trump-2459382.gif

This.. I don't even.. i

Is this shop'd or real? Like wtf what is the source?

xgZnTR8.gif

Trump is everyone.

krae_man

Unless they are expecting another drop shipment the store should have their units at this point and know if they have extras. Seems odd.

Maybe they just don't want to give a number of units available because it will change after hookups and it's easier to just say "we don't know" then accidentally say "Yep we have 15" for there to only be 11 after staff take a few and 12th in line gets pissed.

edit: And I just got an email saying "very limited walk in quantities available".

Kyuur

Called the TRU where I pre-ordered, they confirmed that they have stock in! We are a go!

I don't know how early I should show up, she said there would be a line for sure. Maybe an hour, 2 hours before open?

Sealtest

Futureshop WII U Zelda just got charged to card.

One last item is left on the order then I'll be done with old futureshop orders.

Called the TRU where I pre-ordered, they confirmed that they have stock in! We are a go!

I don't know how early I should show up, she said there would be a line for sure. Maybe an hour, 2 hours before open?

You have a preorder. Unless you're picking up stuff with it that you didn't preorder, show up an hour AFTER they open. Avoid the crowd.

Mupod

Futureshop WII U Zelda just got charged to card.

One last item is left on the order then I'll be done with old futureshop orders.

I'm curious what that could even be since there's only so many things that were announced and available for preorder that long ago.

I cancelled mine because it would've been a hassle to update all the address and CC info.

Also can confirm as of now that my 63.99 amazon preorder of Wii U Zelda also had the E3 20% off applied on top of whatever price adjustment they did to make it that much. Weird but I'll take it.

Sealtest

I'm curious what that could even be since there's only so many things that were announced and available for preorder that long ago.

Final item is Mass effect but I'll wait for reviews before I open it and play it. Those recent animations and the cancellation of the MP beta scares me.

Kyuur

Forgive me for not giving a shit if you get it an hour after opening on Friday when I'm facing a delivery time of next Thursday from Best Buy lol ;)

:( I'm rootin for you.

I also have this irrational fear that someone will fuck up (or has fucked up) and there won't be a system to fulfill my pre-order if I get there too late.

Vinc

Fingers crossed I'll get this tomorrow from Amazon! Still not shipped but it's encouraging to see you guys getting notifications.

:( I'm rootin for you.

I also have this irrational fear that someone will fuck up (or has fucked up) and there won't be a system to fulfill my pre-order if I get there too late.

Thank you for your support :) Yeah, show up early, then you can hold them accountable if they try to sell any to non preorders before they fulfill them. System launches with preorders are usually very efficient though. I have had experience with preorders of Dreamcast, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, and it was painless and quick for all of them. Dreamcast was Toys R Us, Wii was Zellers, and 3DS and Wii U were EB Games. They have the preorders set aside, and tell people in line how many extras they have for non-preorders (Zellers had 2 extra Wiis lol).

joms5

People calling out their BB shipping notice, can you please specify whether you got the grey or neon? Neons don't seem to have started going out so it would be nice to know when that happens! :)

I got grey.

Shipped this morning at like 4am. But I just received my shipping notification now. Estimated by tomorrow.

krae_man

Maybe they just don't want to give a number of units available because it will change after hookups and it's easier to just say "we don't know" then accidentally say "Yep we have 15" for there to only be 11 after staff take a few and 12th in line gets pissed.

edit: And I just got an email saying "very limited walk in quantities available".

And Never mind. I re read the email.

Midnight launch stores have "limited" quantities of walk in systems.

Early opening stores are preorder pick ups only no walkins.

So I just got the shipping notice for Zelda and Bomberman from Amazon, priority shipping to New Brunswick, says it's arriving Tuesday. So if Best Buy could get me the system by then, that would be great :(

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
My Switch plus games just shipped from Amazon (Prime)! I didn't upgrade shipping. Expected delivery is tomorrow. 😀 (Ottawa, originally March 8-10 expected)

Cru Jones

And Never mind. I re read the email.

Midnight launch stores have "limited" quantities of walk in systems.

Early opening stores are preorder pick ups only no walkins.

Talked to my EB last night and they are an early open store and will accommodate walk ins after the pre order line is finished. He said they had stock for walk ins but didn't say how many.

White oaks mall in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom