• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just checked my local EB, BBY and WalMart.

Walmarts gonna have 45 units and will hand out numbers before opening.

EB and BB wouldn't tell me shit. "Come early" fuck that noise I dont understand the need to be so secretive.

EB person said apparently some people are gonna lineup at 6am lol

iphys

So Snipperclips is 1667 yen and has language options, so I guess that makes more sense to buy from the Japanese eShop.

I got my shipping notice from BestBuy (Oshawa) but my brothers that live in Whitby didn't and we all pre-ordered within seconds of each other (had a conference call going lol)

No games have been billed or shipped yet either, not gonna lie getting anxious lol

DamnBoxes

EB and BB wouldn't tell me shit. "Come early" fuck that noise I dont understand the need to be so secretive.

Huh, my local BestBuy (Montreal) without hesitation said 12 Neon and 12 Gray.

Where are you located?

So Snipperclips is 1667 yen and has language options, so I guess that makes more sense to buy from the Japanese eShop.

Thanks for the tip, this is something Im looking forward to play day 1 as Im sure my Zelda SE will be here super late (thanks Amazon)

Maximus.

Makes perfect sense why they won't tell you. Under promise, over deliver, won't have to deal with people whining about promised stock levels. Won't have to feed all the scalpers.

So can you use your NA credit card after all? Or does it work like PSN where you need to buy point cards specified to that region?

Nevermind found the thread. Seems to be a hit or miss.

Zekes!

Got shipping confirmation from Amazon for Zelda (and a separate order for a 128 GB micro sd). Waiting on that Best Buy confirmation for the console itself now (and my pro controller)

antibolo

Banned

Woah that's crazy. Games are usually more expensive in Japan.

Judging from this and the price of the actual console it seems Nintendo is making a very aggressive push for Japan. I hope it works out for them, because we do need a healthy support of Japanese 3rd parties, and western 3rd parties sure aren't going to bother with the Switch.

Woah that's crazy. Games are usually more expensive in Japan.

Judging from this and the price of the actual console it seems Nintendo is making a very aggressive push for Japan. I hope it works out for them, because we do need a healthy support of Japanese 3rd party games, and western 3rd parties sure aren't going to bother with the Switch.

But FIFA and Skyrim!

Firestorm

I just realized that for people who wanna change their E3 Wii U Zelda to Switch, they can probably take it to EB Games and swap with the 2x Trade promo.

Bleeeegh Amazon has shipped zelda it's going to arrive Monday even though it has "priority" shipping.

BB still hasn't even charged me for my switch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My Horizon Best Buy pre-order:

Scheduled to ship via Canada Post
Delivered Tuesday Feb. 28
We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.

yeaaaah Im definitely never pre-ordering from them anymore.

JohnTonne

My Zelda was set to Ship Today all day it just shipped an hour ago to BC, estimated delivery Tuesday

still waiting on Best Buy to ship the Switch though, no movement at all there.

joedick

Damn, ottawa here too. should've stuck with the zelda from amazon for the discount. But it was a risk I wasn't willing to take. But now BB hasn't shipped it yet I may be without the game.

Just buy the game from Wal-Mart or another store with a good return policy and take the sealed one you get in the mail back for a refund.

Ventara

Crap, got an email from BB that I needed to update my expired CC for Zelda WiiU. Just updated it. Are my chances of getting it tomorrow doomed?

zroid

Banned
Crap, got an email from BB that I needed to update my expired CC for Zelda WiiU. Just updated it. Are my chances of getting it tomorrow doomed?
Based on how I think the system works, yeah I think tomorrow is probably out for you

I may be mistaken tho

tgraham

Neo Member
God damnit at around 11 am my switch order at BB didn't go through because for some reason the paypal payment wasn't working...I called like right away and got everything sorted and it says processed but I feel like its gonna get me shafted on shipping

Sapiens

Just had Bestbuy give me the credit card problem on the charge - even though the credit card has a zero balance - lol.

Yaranaika

Just had Bestbuy give me the credit card problem on the charge - even though the credit card has a zero balance - lol.

Same, they even had it preauthorized and I paid it off when I saw it.
Still canceled my order.

Oh well. $450 saved. I'll probably just trade in games at EB and get one there once they come back in stock.

Just got a shipping notification, for Bomberman....

I mean hey I'm not mad but I was kind of hoping it would be for something else, perhaps the thing I need to actually play it

Zelda and Bomberman have shipped from amazon. The Switch is still in "preparing for shipment" hell though.

My card has been charged, though. Hope it ships shortly.

CazTGG

Just got a shipping notification, for Bomberman....

I mean hey I'm not mad but I was kind of hoping it would be for something else, perhaps the thing I need to actually play it

Couldn't you buy the game at a retailer and return the Amazon copy once you receive it to said retailer?

antibolo

Banned
Alright my (neon) Switch finally shipped from BB.

Via Canada Post Expedited though, I do hope that will be fast enough???? (My PSVR was shipped by Purolator)

Tracking number does not work yet so I can't check the warehouse it's being shipped from.

superbad

Just FYI, Best Buy is tracking console serial numbers. It shows up on the packing slip (which you need in order to return).

Can't pull a switcheroo on the console at least.

i-Jest

Yup, same thing happened to me. It's fine though since I'll be doing school work over the weekend.

JRBechard

My CC info was wrong

Tomb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom