• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still seeing others on reddit in Eastern Canada getting shipping confirmations from Best Buy this late.

Leads me to believe Best Buy systems are overloaded.

tgraham

Neo Member
Just FYI, Best Buy is tracking console serial numbers. It shows up on the packing slip (which you need in order to return).

Can't pull a switcheroo on the console at least.

Damn that sucks I wanted to apply my credits at EB to a switch once its easily obtainable then just return it to BB lol

Also LOL Amazon shipped 1 of my 3 copies of ghost recon today and it was the middle order not the oldest or the youngest wtf?

Western switches shipping never ever

Mr. F

Banned
No preorder and kind of regretting it (hype always gets the better of me). Going to see about scavenging around tomorrow morning but not holding my breath.

veras

Just cancelled a grey switch on BB about 15 seconds ago, not sure if that returns it to the site immediately or what

Also LOL Amazon shipped 1 of my 3 copies of ghost recon today and it was the middle order not the oldest or the youngest wtf?

Western switches shipping never ever

I didn't even realize that came out next week......damn all these 50 dollar games....

Amazing out of an order which included The Last Guardian, Black Ops 3, AC Syndicate, Ghost Recon, South Park and No Man's Sky.........No Man's Sky is by far the most expensive =/

Sapiens

Same thing happened to me, no idea why.

So, I just had Best Buy and my bank on the phone at the same time and my bank placed the hold on the card because it was a purchase for over 200 coming from an electronic store - specifically - best buy is flagged as a retailer to watch for fraud from.

Any way, hold lifted, pre-order reconfirmed and shipping should remain on schedule. Still not expecting to see the switch until next week, but that is fine.

The nice lady on the BestBuy supported said that she's never seen anything like this in terms of customer inquiries on the phones.

These are going to be hard to get for a few weeks.

hiim_haz

Banned
Mine Best Buy order is in Mississauga. I'm in Mississauga. Pretty much expecting it tomorrow.

Now I'm going to hunt for Zelda tomorrow morning since Amazon hasn't shipped shit yet.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Best Buy, where the hell is my Zelda Wii U preorder? Godamnit

I don't wanna wait until next Monday or Tuesday to play this damn game

zroid

Banned
Just cancelled a grey switch on BB about 15 seconds ago, not sure if that returns it to the site immediately or what

I think it takes like 5-10 minutes typically...

edit: it's available NOW

probably gone by the time anyone sees this post lol

essenn

EB is really offering $80 for RE7? (Switch double trade in). I got this for 50 bucks

Wonder what I should get, either Arms or extra joy cons...

Lexxism

EB is really offering $80 for RE7? (Switch double trade in). I got this for 50 bucks

Wonder what I should get, either Arms or extra joy cons...
Yup, I'm going to finish Horizon and Nier before April 2 so that I can trade both. Hopefully it is $40 base on each.

Just put it on Arms for the mean time. You can always change it.

a916

When doing a trade-in, do they have to be at the same time? Or can I trade in a bunch of my stuff for the Switch, hold on to a game until I pass it, then trade it in?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

Dammit Sony you were doing so well until now!

That leaves Steam for no taxes.

Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Guess I'm re-upping Prime after my trial and going back to the physical life.

Edit: Can we just make a US account and use a Canadian CC with it? It'd be cheaper at that point since you could use an address that wont get taxed.

antibolo

Banned
Very few people remember it now, but PSN did charge taxes up until the 2011 hack. After PSN came back from its 2 month downtime, taxes were magically gone!

Sealtest

Now there is no incentive at all to buy digital games anymore. $79.99 + Tax when you can pay the exact same price and even get a chance at a deal with prime or E3 promotions and have a physical product.

And people will continue defending it. I don't see how digital is on par with physical in pricing anymore.

zroid

Banned
Very few people remember it now, but PSN did charge taxes up until the 2011 hack. After PSN came back from its 2 month downtime, taxes were magically gone!

Yeah I always thought that was super weird, and we never got any explanation

not complaining of course...

leeman

Just ordered! Never heard of these guys before? :lol

Ever ordered from them before?

I've never ordered online from them before, but they are a very reputable company, I visit their brick & mortar stores from time to time :). Lots of them out here in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom