• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA

I just placed an order for a switch + zelda bundle for in-store pickup with London Drugs. It even showed how much stock each of the locations in my city has. Says it takes 2hrs to get everything ready and they will email when it's ready for pickup. Of course don't expect them to let me pick it up ASAP but it seems like a good option. In Calgary BTW. Might cancel my BB order now.

Kagero

Just got a notice from bestbuy that my order has been cancelled due to the order not going through. Checked the credit card info and it's valid through 2018. Not sure what it might be :/

Socreges

Banned
Just ordered! Never heard of these guys before? :lol

Ever ordered from them before?
Just ordered from them, too, and it looks like they've got them in store and I can pick up soon? Maybe today?

Amazed you haven't heard of London Drugs. Didn't realize they were mostly a BC thing

Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

giphy.gif

i-Lo

WHAT?> WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kagero

Same. And cant change CC anymore online. Trying to call now.

Just tried my same credit card through London drugs and that didn't work. Looks like bestbuy invalidated my card somehow now I have to call CIBC to get it unlocked. Used my MasterCard instead and that went through. I would do the same if you're in my situation. Hopefully you can secure a console. Thanks to the guy who linked London drugs :)

antibolo

Banned
Now there is no incentive at all to buy digital games anymore. $79.99 + Tax when you can pay the exact same price and even get a chance at a deal with prime or E3 promotions and have a physical product.

And people will continue defending it. I don't see how digital is on par with physical in pricing anymore.

Given the choice between physical and digital at the same price I pick digital. I don't care about those silly pieces of plastic. In fact my PS4 library was mostly digital before the Prime 20% discount.

Noooooo!.... I thought we were in this together D:

good luck to all but I don't trust Best Buy when it comes to pre-orders. First & Last time.

Interesting tidbit.

On my new cancelled order it says:

Your order has been cancelled & your shjpment has been cancelled.

To me, this tells me that they haven't even started getting pre-orders ready to ship for anyone in the west and I highly doubt that any Albertans will get switches from best buy via Canada Post tomorrow.

Kyolux

Do we know what time is Zelda going to be playable digitally? Depending on when, I may just buy it digitally and kijiji my best buy copy.

Bestbuy is fucked. Sorry gaf, might as well stick to Amazon.

Visited the order page, billing info was fine (including date, I know as it worked for purchases before)
Called CS, their info shows the month digit is off by one.

Fixing the order takes 24 hours so! won't ship til monday earliest.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a notice from bestbuy that my order has been cancelled due to the order not going through. Checked the credit card info and it's valid through 2018. Not sure what it might be :/
:/
I got an email from them saying the order was stuck since my CC details were wrong (month was wrong) and I immediately left my desk and called them to correct it. I actually kind of feel bad that I didn't offer to do the feedback since the woman was extremely nice and got everything corrected.

I mean, I still didn't get my shipping notice yet, but I checked online and the CC info is corrected.

NYR

There's a lineup at Eaton's Centre outside and inside. Good luck to those who didn't pre order
Jesus Christ, weakest launch lineup ever. Talk about rewarding mediocrity.

I have the Switch pre ordered too, but this is a bit ridiculous IMO. Not worth lining up 1+ day, but to each their own.

UberTag

Got my shipping confirmation for my Neon Switch from Best Buy.
My copy of Zelda is showing as shipped as well although the charge for it remains in authorization status on PayPal.

Looks like I won't have to brave the cold tonight after all. Sweet!

Stage On

eh, Psn has sucked for a while now anyhow. They where great when they where charging the same price on digital games as the states but the moment they stopped doing that the prices went up.

Kagero

:/
I got an email from them saying the order was stuck since my CC details were wrong (month was wrong) and I immediately left my desk and called them to correct it. I actually kind of feel bad that I didn't offer to do the feedback since the woman was extremely nice and got everything corrected.

I mean, I still didn't get my shipping notice yet, but I checked online and the CC info is corrected.

It's fishy because my Horizon order went through a couple days ago, but this all of a sudden can't? Now my CC doesn't work. The nerd processing it on the other end probabaly hit the wrong button or something. Oh well.

It's fishy because my Horizon order went through a couple days ago, but this all of a sudden can't? Now my CC doesn't work. The nerd processing it on the other end probabaly hit the wrong button or something. Oh well.

The fact that so many people are having charge issues and it's virtually all related to the expiry date is pretty damning evidence that something is wrong with how the website is recording expiry dates right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom