• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a Switch off London Drugs but am nervous, when I went back to check the link it said "Delivery Only" but when I went through it said there were 4 available at my store...

If I cancel my BestBuy preorder and it turns out the London Drugs one isn't ready for tomorrow I'll feel like an idiot, but I don't need 2 Switches....

tiijj

Just ordered a Switch off London Drugs but am nervous, when I went back to check the link it said "Delivery Only" but when I went through it said there were 4 available at my store...

If I cancel my BestBuy preorder and it turns out the London Drugs one isn't ready for tomorrow I'll feel like an idiot, but I don't need 2 Switches....

Return or sell the other one.

BaconHat

Got the best buy side of the order sent, which with some luck will arrive tomorrow.
As for the amazon part... well i guess i'll play zelda only next week.

Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

I think he's referring to this thread about how in the states they're being taxed on April 1st, 2017.

There's no indication yet that this is coming to Canada so remain calm peeps!

I've never returned something I bought online to BestBuy before, can I just go into my local store to do it? Or do I have to ship it back?

Just walk into the store with your receipt. Super easy!

Remember how most of you were losing your shit yesterday and now most of you are set to get their stuff delivered tomorrow. lol.

I had a pretty good feeling Amazon would pull through, I already knew I had one fulfillment center about a 20 minute drive from here, but I also learned of another one about a 15 minute drive away. My Prime actually works as intended.

Magnus

Odds on some Shoppers getting Switch stuff? I have $120 in Optimum points to burn and it'd be mighty fine to get Zelda or a Pro controller that way to take some of the sting out of tomorrow's purchase.

My EB order still didn't ship soooo.

Hopefully late tonight like what that one users says 👌👌👌

No, I don't remember yet :[
never lose hope. Could just be delayed updates.

My pro controller at BB shipping notice came like 2 hours after the site actually had the tracking info in there. You never know with system delays.

Y'all who got your BestBuy Switch shipping notices today; does your tracking number work on Canada Post's site yet?
nope, probably won't till later tonight.

Tiktaalik

Lack of Best Buy shipping info has freaked me out enough that I'm going to order ship to store on London Drugs... I guess I'll return one of them.

tiijj

C'mon Amazon, still shows as Preparing for Shipment here.

My amazon switch is also stuck in the preparing for shipment. I still have hope until tonight since the microsd card that I ordered was shipped last night around 10:30 and I received it this afternoon. But the status of that is "being shipped today" :(

Where does London Drugs show you guys in-store stock? I only see the option to ship to local stores.

It was there briefly, along with the stock of all nearby stores. By the time I had placed my order and gone back to check it was gone, and delivery was the only option. Worrying.

Tiktaalik

lol I did it, I ordered a second one just in case. lmao I feel like an idiot.

edit: Definitely feel like an idiot since it seems possible that the store allocation is already gone and it'll take a while to ship to that store anyway. haha

Google

I just sold my Zelda branded Wii U for $350 on Amazon. I'm ecstatic. After shipping and Amazon fees I should clear $300.

The shame is that I just bought Zelda for Wii U.

So I might send that back and pre-order a Switch for whenever they're available.

Xbudz

Yeah. I decided against London Drugs.
I'll keep my Best Buy order and just keep my fingers cross that they start charging in the very near future.

DamnBoxes

Oh just a heads up, my local Wal-Mart (Montreal) confirmed with me that they'll have 16 Switch units tomorrow morning, no confirmation on how many of each color.

Just ordered for delivery from London Drugs. Got charged already and an email confirmation. I ordered 1 to 4 day xpress shipping to Toronto. What are the odds I get it Monday?

I just sold my Zelda branded Wii U for $350 on Amazon. I'm ecstatic. After shipping and Amazon fees I should clear $300.

The shame is that I just bought Zelda for Wii U.

So I might send that back and pre-order a Switch for whenever they're available.

Ugh, lucky! I've been trying to get rid of my Wii U for awhile now. Wish I traded it in while EB Games had pre-orders for the Switch.

Paypal has my BB Neon Switch order in Authorization so I should be expecting shipping confirmation relatively soon

Also much to my surprise despite the tracker being shit Purolator delivered Torment today and needed no signature. Happy birthday me.

UberTag

Paypal has my switch order in Authorization so I should be expecting shipping confirmation relatively soon
Seems pretty common for that phase to last a few hours so don't sweat it. My order was probably in authorize status for a good 4 hours or so.

I think I may keep my Wii U version of Zelda when it ships out next week instead of returning it. May loan it to my boss as he loaned me Bayonetta 1 & 2 back in the day and I never repayed him for it.

Also much to my surprise despite the tracker being shit Purolator delivered Torment today and needed no signature. Happy birthday me.
Yeah, my copy arrived today as well. I'm keeping it sealed until I hear that they've made progress on patching up the performance issues.
Happy birthday, by the way!

ruvcan

So my Amazon Switch, Zelda SE, Bomberman R and Pro controller where shipped via Fedex this afternoon, and my Amazon Zelda WiiU just got shipped by Canada Post.

I'm in New Brunswick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom