• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Zelda charged early afternoon. No shipping notice from BB yet though.

Guess I really am geting the game digital tonight. 4 hours to go!

jokkir

classic

anyone hearing anything about switch lines forming? the amount of stock stores are getting? I'm curious.

Eaton's Centre (inside) had about 50 for sale for non-profits but it looked like 20~ people were in like when I went there around 5:30pm. Outside had a line too.

sj00

Same, Amazon is fucking garbage... I am in Toronto!

I'm in Toronto too. I'm still slightly hopeful for my game to arrive on time-- my copy of Horizon: Zero Dawn shipped (with notification) this past monday past 10 pm- and I received the game on tuesday in the AM.

N° 2048

"Chithari Ravi: I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.ca, and it looks like " The Legend of Zelda - Wii U " is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery."

lol fuck Amazon. Not renewing Prime.

I got charged today too lol but they are shipping next week.

chrono01

I got a shipment confirmation from EB for my Zelda BOTW (SE). Nice to know I'll have the game tomorrow, but it'd be even better if...you know...I ACTUALLY HAD THE SYSTEM TO PLAY IT ON!

Thanks, Amazon.ca. I can't wait to renew my Prime membership for another year! :/

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I completely forgot Nier was coming out this month. I'm already drowning in unfinished games, and I ordered a Switch with Zelda...

I wonder if I should cancel my E3 preorder... Think it's the kind of game that's gonna be super-rare in a year, or am I safe waiting for price drops?

N° 2048

Man, fuck Amazon and their shit Prime service. I'm moving all my pre-orders to Best Buy.

I don't care about the Prime savings. It's not worth this stress. I just wanted this fucking game on time for my little brother's birthday.

Hopefully BestBuy has a Wii U Zelda in stock to pick up for the weekend.
/vent

Oh man, I completely forgot Nier was coming out this month. I'm already drowning in unfinished games, and I ordered a Switch with Zelda...

I wonder if I should cancel my E3 preorder... Think it's the kind of game that's gonna be super-rare in a year, or am I safe waiting for price drops?

It'll probably retain value to a decent extent but I don't think it'll ever be scarce. Square Enix always ships their games in good numbers.

nschizo

Both Order, Switch and Zelda Botw mark "Being shipped today" [Amazon] since the morning but still do not receive my tracking number, maybe they are not going to ship today :(.

Davide

99leZXa.png

Isn't it kind of late to still ship today?

antibolo

Banned
I'm not even mad that Amazon hasn't shipped my Zelda. I was 99.9% expecting this.

Once my Prime membership ends I will only use Amazon as an absolute last resort for things I can't buy elsewhere.

chrono01

Fuck Best Buy. They're worse than Amazon imo.
Honestly, EBGames.ca seem to be the best out of them all (as much as it pains me to say). No cancellations due to over-sold items, no late shipments (for me anyway), and I always receive my pre-order items without issues. For all future console releases, I'll definitely be taking my business there (assuming I can get my pre-order in).

For games, I'll continue to use Amazon.ca, since I still have time left on my Prime membership and I get 20% off all pre-orders and free "Express" (note the quotations) shipping. That being said, I'll likely not renew when it expires, since Amazon.ca is horrible when it comes to shipping things on-time...

Honestly, EBGames.ca seem to be the best out of them all (as much as it pains me to say). No cancellations due to over-sold items, no late shipments (for me anyway), and I always receive my pre-order items without issues. For all future console releases, I'll definitely be taking my business there (assuming I can get my pre-order in).

For games, I'll continue to use Amazon.ca, since I still have time left on my Prime membership and I get 30% off all pre-orders. That being said, I'll likely not renew when it expires, since Amazon.ca is horrible when it comes to shipping things on-time...

Think your right. If it's any consolidation, I'm still in order processing limbo for my instore pickup for the switch.

Kyolux

For games, I'll continue to use Amazon.ca, since I still have time left on my Prime membership and I get 20% off all pre-orders and free "Express" (note the quotations) shipping. That being said, I'll likely not renew when it expires, since Amazon.ca is horrible when it comes to shipping things on-time...

Stuff is 99% of the time on time for me with Amazon. Experience will vary I guess. Had Horizon on Monday.

speiky

Whitby Walmart has 28 Grey 12 Neon
Richmond Hill Walmart has 20 Grey 8 Neon.

Just in case someone's planning on lining up there lol.

sikkinixx

I've never had an issue with EB save it being a huge pain to cancel stuff (I always have to call for some reason). Amazon too has been rock solid for me, even shipping a bunch of games early, but fuck me do they keep you in the dark on things. Their stuff is NEVER accurate.

tiijj

The only bad part with EB is that they use purolator for my area. If I missed the delivery guy, I won't be able to get it until the next business day. Oh well, there are a lot of disadvantage and advantage for most of the stores.

tiijj

There might be a chance for my amazon switch, it changed from preparing for shipment to being shipped today. So check your stuff, hopefully it'll ship soon.

jokkir

My Zelda Switch shipped from Amazon and should be arriving tomorrow. Hope the Switch comes as well for EB.

All is well so far. Now I just hope I get both tomorrow since the shipping tracking hast updated for either yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom